Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Humbly asking for prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Humbly asking for prayer

I know none of you really know me, but somehow I feel drawn to this website...........I've just been diagnosed with ocd............It all seems so sureal............when it gets to the point that you cannot cope with everyday life it's time to get help.......I have sought help and am taking medication that seems to be helping......although the relationships ive ruined and the way this has effected my reputaion may never be repaired...............Please pray for me..........broken.

2007/8/19 17:54
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Humbly asking for prayer

God's work is restoration of our souls,
helping us to find meaning and purpose
in our lives once again. That is my
prayer for you; that God would restore
your soul with joy and peace, heal your
wounds with His love, and renew your
purpose in Him!!

2007/8/19 18:23Profile
Nellie

I pray that God will help you, and see you through.
He is able to come on the scene, and He hears and knows our hearts cry.
God Bless you
Nellie

2007/8/19 18:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Praying brother ...

2007/8/19 21:15Profile

Re:

Thank you for your prayers...........I'm gonna beat this thing...I can do all things through Jesus Christ........ocd is one of the most debilitating mental illnisess.........Thank God I have a wife who cared about me enough to beg me to seek help...I've been in denial and really just too proud to get help. I've ruined so many relationships because of the obcessive thoughts.

2007/8/19 22:34
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

[i]A good wife[/i] ...

For what it's worth brother ... time

2007/8/19 22:43Profile

Re:

chiefosiners wrote:
Thank you for your prayers...........I'm gonna beat this thing...I can do all things through Jesus Christ........ocd is one of the most debilitating mental illnisess.........Thank God I have a wife who cared about me enough to beg me to seek help...I've been in denial and really just too proud to get help. I've ruined so many relationships because of the obcessive thoughts.

moe_mac wrote:
Brother I don't know ocd is, and it doesn't really matter what it is. What ever you have going wrong in your life, if you call out to the Lord in complete surrender and ask for HIS help and direction, he will give you HIS peace in midst of your storm. His Word says He will and He cannot lie. He may not completely fix the problem, but HE will give you the grace to handle it. Also do not fail to seek all the help you can get from the medical professionals. God has blessed us with many medical people that can aid in all our problems. I will be praying for you can count on others on SI as well. Give all you know of you to all you know of HIM and seek to know more about HIM daily. Pray with your wife and surround yourself with people who love and serve the Lord. Many of us who are christians have different medical problems as well as other problems of life. He did not tell us we would have any storms, but HE did tell us HE would be with us in those storms and give us peace. Seek to make the Lord and HIS will the top priority in your life and the center of it and let everything else in your life flow around that relationship with HIM.
I have some major problems also and I have noticed from experience that the times I am focused on helping others through HIS love, it makes my problems seem smaller than they were.
God Bless.

2007/8/19 23:40
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
it doesn't really matter what it is. What ever you have going wrong in your life, if you call out to the Lord in complete surrender and ask for HIS help and direction, he will give you HIS peace in midst of your storm. His Word says He will and He cannot lie.

Amen.

2007/8/20 0:29Profile
Pentecost

Oh Lord our God, we all come now in the Matchless Name of Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and ask that our Brother would be filled with the Convicting Power of Your Holy Spirit to the effect of Transformation and Restoration.

We come before You, oh God, and petition that our Brother be Restored by Your Grace and Mercy and Compassion.

You alone can do this, Lord, and we Your People ask that You would move on the Behalf Your Son and His Name, to grant unto Your Holy Son, Jesus, this Brother as a Gift.

Oh God, do it today because of the Cross.

Set this Brother free from the power of the devil and move so mightily in his heart that he has a death to self and rises in New Life in Christ.

We ask and will continue to ask in the Precious Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ the King!

2007/8/20 0:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
chiefosiners wrote:

moe_mac wrote:
Brother I don't know ocd is, and it doesn't really matter what it is. What ever you have going wrong in your life, if you call out to the Lord in complete surrender and ask for HIS help and direction, he will give you HIS peace in midst of your storm. His Word says He will and He cannot lie. He may not completely fix the problem, but HE will give you the grace to handle it. Also do not fail to seek all the help you can get from the medical professionals. God has blessed us with many medical people that can aid in all our problems. I will be praying for you can count on others on SI as well. Give all you know of you to all you know of HIM and seek to know more about HIM daily. Pray with your wife and surround yourself with people who love and serve the Lord. Many of us who are christians have different medical propblems as well as other problems of life. He did not tell us we would have any storms, but HE did tell us HE would be with us in those storms and give us peace. Seek to make the Lord and HIS will the top priority in your life and the center of it and let everything else in your life flow around that relationship with HIM.
I have some major problems also and I have noticed from experience that the times I am focused on helping others through HIS love, it makes my problems seem smaller than they were.
God Bless.

chiefosiners
I dont have time to go into detail. ocd is obcessive compulsive disorder. It doesnt have anything to do with me spiritually. On the contrary I have actually used this illness to my benefit in the study of the scriptures. Part of this illness is obcessing over matters even to the point of exaustion. It is a powerful tool in the area of study. The draw back comes when the troublesome thoughts, which are false messages of the brain, cause considerable pain and guilt to the point of, in my case, loss of strength to even get through the day, fixated on these thoughts. The feeling that others are judging you because of these fears and thoughts. It is a sickness just like the flu, only it affects the mind. This is a tremendous step in my walk with God. Theres not much research on this illness, because people with ocd are very secretive, because of the extreme guilt they carry. I know some of you probably think it's a demon or some sinfulness of mine that needs to be repented of. This is an extremely debilitating illness if left untreated. I would advise anyone with these type tendancies to seek PROFESSIONAL help. If you go to some over excentric, paranoid, demon slayer they'll only make matters worse.

2007/8/20 21:41

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy