SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the difference between salvation and fellowship with the Lord?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

What is the difference between salvation and fellowship with the Lord?

A sister asked me tonight what the difference is between salvation and fellowship with the Lord?

I thought it was an unusual question, and before I answer her I decided to pray and to post the question for anyone else's insight and knowledge of the scriptures.

Thank you, my brothers and sisters,

2007/8/19 1:54Profile

Re: What is the difference between salvation and fellowship with the Lord?

I came across these scriptures... and I thought, "Perhaps a similar question would be... what is the difference between the Lord and fellowship with the Lord?"

Exo 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him a habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Psa 35:3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.

Psa 38:22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Psa 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psa 118:14 The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.

Psa 118:21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.

Isa 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Psa 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

P.S. Hey Mike, I'm about to get on the plane in a few hours. Do pray for our flight... It appears there is heavy rain, thunder, and lightning. Oh, and thank you for the web page, It is beautiful and a blessing.

God bless you! -Abraham

2007/8/19 4:21
theopenlife

Re:

Thanks, Abraham. I'm praying for you. Sorry Erin's page looks better. ;-)

2007/8/19 13:07Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Actually, now I've updated your page. I added a Chinese gospel tract.

2007/8/19 16:25Profile

Re:

moe_mac wrote:
Fellowship with him is a revelation unto ourselves and others that we indeed have HIS salvation and we have not been deceived by our adversary the devil in believing we can have one without the other. After we have once had fellowship with HIM, unconfessed sin can block that fellowship with HIM until we confess the sin. He has a way of showing us what that sin is.

1 John 1:6-2:1
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
KJV

2007/8/19 16:40
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: What is the difference between salvation and fellowship with the Lord?

Salvation is God's grace and His Son's work
upon the cross to deliver us from darkness
and sin. Fellowship is our communion with
the Father and Son we enter in by His grace.
Fellowship is knowing the Lord and walking
with Him!

2007/8/19 19:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy