SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Bible Schools??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Gideons

Virginia

Re: QUESTION ABOUT ONLINE SCHOOL?

God bless you sister,

I've enjoyed your posts.

I've been praying about attending the same Bible school as you and attend a A/G church, although it's a Korean one, which culturally is a bit different than a western church.

I'm still praying about my decision but my fear was that the classes would be somewhat "sterile" for lack of a better word, since they're online. Are they truly interactive? Welcome to SermonIndex and post as the Lord's leads.

2004/5/16 6:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I've been praying about attending the same Bible school as you and attend a A/G church, although it's a Korean one, which culturally is a bit different than a western church.

Praise God, yes I have been looking to see if there is an Assemblies of God Korean church, I really admire the dedication and discipline that they shown in prayer and bible reading, and really think its a refreshing contrast with the normal North American lifestyle, not to say all of us are lazy but there seems to be a lack of discipline contrasted with 50 years back in North America.

Quote:
I'm still praying about my decision but my fear was that the classes would be somewhat "sterile" for lack of a better word, since they're online. Are they truly interactive? Welcome to SermonIndex and post as the Lord's leads.

This is the second time I have been recommended this institution! I used the make online courses at University of Toronto before I went full-time doing SermonIndex. I feel there is somewhat a difference between in class and online. But their are so many benefits to online, I think one big help is interactive chat, discussion forums and live voice chats. I might even aproach the institution with my expertise and advice in making courses more interactive. I feel I need people to be accountable to when doing distance and online courses. I need sometimes the person spurring me on and encouraging, it does take alot of determination to stay on fire and focused but the benefits are great and its quite abit cheaper than normal inclass school courses. I am prayerfully considering this also brother.

2004/5/16 13:37Profile
LoveOneAnother

Re:

Quote:

I don't feel the classes are too sterile. Berean does offer a chat room for students on their website, although it doesn't work on all computers, including mine! :-) I've instead joined a Yahoo group for A/G pastors and members, and some of the members there are Berean grads, which has been beneficial. That has kept me from feeling too "alone" in the college! ;-)

2004/5/16 23:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I've instead joined a Yahoo group for A/G pastors and members, and some of the members there are Berean grads, which has been beneficial. That has kept me from feeling too "alone" in the college!

I am actually looking at the catalogue right now, what specific studies program are you doing right now? I like the focus of the berean school to get practical training for the ministry God has for you to do. I really don't think that 7 years of schooling to get an undergraduate degree then a graduate degree will do me as much good as just going practical with this 3 year program. :smart:

EDIT: hmm I was just thinking maybe these forums will become your berean studies fellowship if I go? hehe

2004/5/16 23:15Profile
LoveOneAnother

Re:

I'm in the Bible and Doctrine program, but because I am taking so many other courses as electives on top of that, I will be only eight courses short of the ordained minister's program when I graduate. I am considering transferring to that program...hard to be eight courses short, and not complete it, even if I don't plan to be a pastor! :-)

2004/5/16 23:22Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Korean A/G?

Quote:
Praise God, yes I have been looking to see if there is an Assemblies of God Korean church, I really admire the dedication and discipline that they shown in prayer and bible reading, and really think its a refreshing contrast with the normal North American lifestyle, not to say all of us are lazy but there seems to be a lack of discipline contrasted with 50 years back in North America.

The typical Korean church has service daily. Our church has early morning service at 5:30 a.m. Monday-Friday and 7:00 a.m. on Saturday in addition to Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday services. It's quite a contrast to most American churches. What concerns me is that much of the watered down Gospel that we have seen in the States for the last 20 years is making its way into these churches as well and that's very troubling to me.

Most of Korea was evangelized by the Presbyterian church both in the States and Canada and so the predominant denomination is the Presbyterian church. I haven't done a historical analysis but from some of the things I read, it actually emanated from the Welsh revival. Interesting stuff.

2004/5/17 22:11Profile
LoveOneAnother

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
EDIT: hmm I was just thinking maybe these forums will become your berean studies fellowship if I go? hehe

Good idea, LOL! :lol:

2004/5/17 23:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy