SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Vice President Dick Cheney's 1994 Prophecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Vice President Dick Cheney's 1994 Prophecy

Brothers and Sisters,
I believe our Vice President is a prophet.
Check it out.

Vice President Dick Cheney on why America shouldn’t invade Iraq (1994)

LiveLeak.com - Dick Cheney on why America shouldn't invade Iraq (1994)
Dick Cheney on why America shouldn't invade Iraq (1994) ... Tags: dick cheney iraq war iraq invasion 1994. Views: 27999. Votes: 27. Comments: 97 ...
www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a8_1186873756 - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

2007/8/17 18:11Profile

Re: Vice President Dick Cheney's 1994 Prophecy

Speechless (for once).

2007/8/18 3:56
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Please read the updated disclaimer linked at bottom here.

Saints, please, there has been enough aggitation here of late with these matters.

2007/8/18 9:41Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:
Saints, please, there has been enough aggitation here of late with these matters.

Brother Mike,
When do words spoken in context from a leader’s mouth become agitation? The truth is the truth, there is nothing political about this clip it is simply showing the fallibility of man. You know I am not political and thus have no interest in character bashing.
We have so many that are looking to man for the answer and all they will find there is a curse. We are blessed only if we put our complete trust and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jeremiah 17:5-8
Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. [6] For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. [7] Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. [8] For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

If I have broken a rule please accept my apology for it was not intentional.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/8/18 12:26Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi pastorfrin...

I would recommend the book [url=http://www.amazon.com/Bush-at-War-Bob-Woodward/dp/0743204735]Bush At War[/url] (by Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Bob Woodward of the [i]Washington Post[/i]) for anyone seriously interested in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. While the book paints a harsh assessment about certain members of the Bush Administration (particularly Donald Rumsfeld), it is an "insider's guide" into the foreknowledge, rationale, concerns and policy about the wars. It has actually been criticized due for revealing TOO MUCH information about the process which could compromise national security. However, it serves to dispell many of the rumours and conspiracy theories about the war.

:-)

By the way, it actually mentions Vice President Cheney's "prophetic" remarks from 1994 (and 1996).

I understand the hesitation to allow such threads, since they seem to provoke strong disagreements that never become fully resolved. This seems to go against the purpose of a website meant to unify believers toward true Scriptural revival.

2007/8/18 14:28Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
When do words spoken in context from a leader’s mouth become agitation

Brother,

It becomes agitation when they are politically embroiled. They have a knack for causing too many heated debates in these forums, though I certainly understand where you're coming from by posting this. As a personal guideline, I try to avoid submitting anything of a political nature, anything smacking of the slightest hint of Bush, Cheney, Iraq, etc. We should not be ignorant of the enemy's devices. Political snippets like these are often the skeleton keys by which Satan unlocks doors of strife and ill-feelings between the brethren.

Brother Paul

2007/8/18 15:08Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Brother Chris,

This was not posted as a political article nor was it meant to be, if there is anything political, it would be what you have added to it: What conspiracy theory?
If you wish to trust in man, than that is completely up to you, but I would not recommended you encourage others to do so; as for me and my house, we will trust in the Lord whom our hope is in. I will attempt in the future, not to post anything that would possibly be a stumbling block.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/8/19 13:33Profile

Re:

What is it with this whole "prophet" kick lately?? Who is the next one we crown "prophet" on this site? Mr. Rogers??

Oh, I know... Popeye!

Dick Chaney is not a prophet. Jimmy Carter is not a prophet. Bono from U2 is not a prophet. Elvis might have been... but I can't proove it.

Can we please dispense of this foolishness?

Also, lately whenever someone posts anything even remotely political, their true intentions of "stirring the pot", as it were, are usually revealed rather quickly. Not sure if this is your intention, but please understand why some of us recoil when things like this come up.

Wanna discuss politics? Go find one of the thousands of blogs and forums. Most of us would prefer not to get into arguments over politics here.

Having said that, our leadership and military know 100 times more than the average civilian what is going on in the world. The networks do a good job of shoveling... uhm, er... manure.

While the government is obviously far from perfect, I trust them more than I trust the media. I've seen first hand the distorted spins the media puts on nearly every story they do.

Krispy

2007/8/19 14:02
jordanamo

Yeah it's pretty interesting. A bit chilling. Cheney seemingly changed his mind when he became CEO of Halliburton a year later... and had financial interests in Iraq.

This shows if anything that the people in power typically are not really that stupid (he appears rather intelligent here), they just are simply evil. He knew going in there would be bad, it would create chaos, it wasn't worth the human lives. But he went in anyway. What nonsense.

3,000+ US Soldiers are dead now for a war that was fought on a preemptive basis without any just cause whatsoever. I respect the right of countries to wage war on legal and just grounds as codified in international law, but not unjust ones where there is no imminent, actual threat whatsoever and complete faulty intelligence. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis (mostly civilians!) have died from this war. Where's the outrage from Christians?

We should be praying for peace in there and abroad.

A nationalist is someone who not only overlooks atrocities committed by his own side. He has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.
--George Orwell, "Notes on Nationalism"

Jordan

2007/8/19 14:48Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Thank you Jordan,
Finally someone who is willing to not discuss politics but the unjust methods used by the governments of this world. Man is fallible and we cannot put our trust in them. Satan offered our Lord Jesus Christ all the kingdoms of this world if he would bow down and worship him, why do so many not see that Satan has not changed and men are ACCEPTING HIS OFFER EVERY DAY.
Our trust must be in the Lord for He is our Hope.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/8/19 15:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy