SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Revelation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mirac

Revelation

The beast of the sea...the beast of the earth...both have authority from Satan.

What would they represent in today's current world?

Is one to read revelation with the thought that these tribulations and judgements are currently happening with some yet to come? Before I looked to closely I always assumed there were events yet to happen in the end times, but it looks more like something that has been happening since it was written?

Any thoughts are welcome.

2007/8/17 17:41Profile

Re: Revelation

Hey Mirac,

Just some scripture that may coincide with the beasts of the sea and earth.

As to the beast from the sea,

"And the third angel sounded, and there [b]fell a great star from heaven[/b], burning as it were a lamp, and it fell [b]upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters[/b]; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: [b]and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.[/b]" (REV 8:10-11)

"And [b]the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.[/b]" (REV 12:15)

"And he saith unto me, [b]The waters[/b] which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, [b]are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues[/b]." (REV 17:15)

As for the Earth,

"And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw [b]a star fall from heaven unto the earth[/b]: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke [b]locusts upon the earth[/b]: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads." (REV 9:1-4)

2007/8/18 3:51
Logic

Re: Revelation

Quote:
Mirac wrote:
The beast of the sea...

Kingdoms:

[b]Rev 13:1[/b] [color=990000]And I saw a beast [b]coming up out of the sea[/b], having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten diadems, and on its heads names of blasphemy.[/color]
this beast will have all character traits of the three beasts in [b]Daniel 7:3-6[/b] And four great beasts [b]came up from the sea[/b], diverse one from another.
[b]:4[/b] The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.
[b]:5[/b] And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
[b]:6[/b] After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it Babylon is the lion,
(Persia is the bear, leopard is Greece)

[b]:3[/b] And I saw one of its heads, as having been slain to death, and its deadly wound was healed. And all the earth wondered after the beast.
[b]Note:[/b] this is a political wound as Rome was thought to have gone, but now comes back.

Quote:
the beast of the earth...

Kings or Rulers:

[b]Rev 13:11[/b] [color=990000]Rev 13:11 And I perceived another wild beast [b]ascending out of the earth[/b], and it [b]had [u]two horns[/u][/b] like a lambkin's, and it spoke as a dragon.[/color]
[b]Dan 7:17[/b] These great beasts, which are four, are four [b]kings[/b], which shall [b]arise out of the earth.
Dan 8:20[/b] The ram which you saw having [b][u]two horns[/u] are the kings[/b] of Media and Persia.

2007/8/19 0:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy