SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Americas Supremecy will end in 2008

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Paddy

Sydney

Americas Supremecy will end in 2008

Looking at the title "Americas supremecy will end in 2008" the book advertised as being "free".
I downloaded this one and scanned its contents. It is of course, British Israel. But lets not get too alarmed. As the old saying goes "the show isn't over until the fat lady sings", this has not yet happened. It will be GOD and GOD alone who will clearly reveal exactly where the whole house of Israel lies in the end times. He will silence the critics on both sides of this argument no matter how clever at theological and historical interpretation they claim to be. The Bible does not say exactly where all the tribes are although there are some hints. I believe there is some truth in this book and some error in this book. But one thing is for sure, God will reveal the truth and silence those who think they have it all worked out on both sides of this age old argument. I tend to think that we will ALL be in for some surprises when in His timing he reveals this ancient area of truth! As for the date 2008, it depends whether the author takes the view that 2008 signals the beginning of the end of the supremecy which could drag on for many years or whether he takes the view that 2008 is the end of the supremecy. One does not need to be a genius to discern that America is falling more than slightly astern now with regard to its monoply on power and influence. Just get your own observers licence and some good old common sense and don't pretend to be blind and it will be seen that the author has some food for thought for the keen reader of this subject!

2007/8/17 12:49Profile

Re: Americas Supremecy will end in 2008

Hi Paddy

RE America's supremacy, I have no idea, except it is likely to end, and the signs are it could be sooner than most people think. Though 2008 does sound like pulling dates out of a hat.

We Brits once had an Empire, but lost it, bit by bit. Probably because we misused the power and wealth God gave us, compromised with false religions (such as Hinduism in the days of the British Raj in India), and cast aside the Laws of God.

America does seem to be heading the same way.

Re the "British Israel" business (the cult founded by Herbert W Armstrong?). The faithful members of the "lost" ten tribes almost certainly ended up as part of Judah. for example, at the time of the division of the kingdom in OT times, when Jereboam set up the golden calves, many priests and levites found themselves out of office and emigrated to the Southern kingdom of Judah.

During the time of Hezekiah folk of some other tribes came to Judah when he reinstituted the Passover, and maybe some stayed.

I'm sure there's at least one other occasion but can't remember it offhand.

Only those who chose to be absorbed into paganism were "lost"

Jeannette

2007/8/17 14:03

Re:

Quote:
Only those who chose to be absorbed into paganism were "lost"

So what's the point in looking for them?

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/8/17 14:08

Re: Americas Supremecy will end in 2008

We have indeed have been, in a wordly term the superpower of the world, for 200 years. We have been losing ground lately, in the last 40 years, due to the "what's God got to do with it attitude" But in reality we have not been the superpower, We only had the superpower behind us because we were lifting HIS NAME. In the past, He was the power we have looked to and honored and praised and always prayed for HIS guildance and direction and he gave us that protection, technology and spiritual and material blessings. I agree that many things has already transpered in the last 40 years for God to have plenty reason to show us plainly where our real security lies or maybe refresh our memory a bit. I think HE has already made several attempts at that and no leaders have picked up on the message. Good post and I wouldn't be surprized if the next attempt for HIM to explain will be just around the corner. O how I pray we could get back to 2 chronicles 7:14 as individuals and a nation as a majority. We may get there but I have fears it will be after he explains it to us even plainer than HE has already.

2007/8/17 14:29
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Has anyone even stopped to consider that America losing it's supremicy could be a good thing for the Gospel?

We don't need to rely on our country being victorious in foreign policy to carry out God's foreign policy as ambassadors of Christ... however sometimes our country's foreign policy can get in the way.

2007/8/17 14:44Profile
theopenlife

Re:

With you there, Ian.

We've been praying for revival, but who knows that it won't come on the heels of national collapse?

There are priorities to our desires. We do not desire pain and suffering for others, yet we will exchange even great suffering for spiritual gains to the glory of God and the eternal benefit of man.

I'm reminded of a job I took this past year at a coffee shop. It was owned by a local church and soon I learned that there was much compromise and corruption involved. Every day I prayed that God would do His will there. Three months later, with no warning, they put up the 'closed' signs and announced bankruptcy.

Similarly, I ask each day for a healthy Western Church. I may be praying this country into calamity if that is the saving operation God has chosen.

2007/8/17 15:19Profile

Re:

iansmith wrote:
Has anyone even stopped to consider that America losing it's supremicy could be a good thing for the Gospel?

moe_mac wrote:
actually yes I think so. I have a post below that when you get to the link, then it will take you to another link all on the same subject.

2 Chron 7:14-15
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
KJV

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18126&forum=40&0

2007/8/17 15:24
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

moe_mac,

Hebrews 12 talks about the Lord's chastening, John 15 talks about the Lord purges even the fruitful branch... I think that chastening is going to happen to America in one way or another, but we should be praying that it is purged and not cut off!

John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

2007/8/17 18:34Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

dear saints Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose BLood we are Saved.AMEN.

indeed we are on the verge of a collapse all around, however this will be good for the gospel. Many will have nothing left to talk of and when one has nothing left, all you have is Jesus. This has happened already in ZImbabwe, my home. things have degenerated dramatically and pushed men into a corner, the only way out is God so many have been finding Salvation. Revival is coming, it seems though that Judgment preceeds Revival sometimes, without the Judgment going out first, for some there could be no Salvation.

we are about to be Judged, let us be found being girded about by the Armour of God and ready to do His bidding unto the Saving of Souls.AMEN.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/8/18 23:06Profile
Paddy

Sydney

Re: paganism

A good point! It occurs to me that if we, the christian so called anglo saxon world is the re-emergence of the lost tribes then the cap fits perfectly!

We are now wallowing in paganism more than ever before while at the same time trying to aqcknowledge that our administration system was once based on the 10 commandments and the oracles of God!

2007/8/20 8:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy