SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : CBS NEWS Homeland Security Enlists Clergy to Quell Public Unrest if Martial Law Ever Declared

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

CBS NEWS Homeland Security Enlists Clergy to Quell Public Unrest if Martial Law Ever Declared

SHREVEPORT, LA

Homeland Security Enlists Clergy to Quell Public Unrest if Martial Law Ever Declared

Aug 15, 2007 04:07 PM CBS News KSLA-TV-DT

Story by Jeff Ferrell

Could martial law ever become a reality in America? Some fear any nuclear, biological or chemical attack on U.S. soil might trigger just that. KSLA News 12 has discovered that the clergy would help the government with potentially their biggest problem: Us.

Charleton Heston's now-famous speech before the National Rifle Association at a convention back in 2000 will forever be remembered as a stirring moment for all 2nd Amendment advocates. At the end of his remarks, Heston held up his antique rifle and told the crowd in his Moses-like voice, "over my cold, dead hands."

While Heston, then serving as the NRA President, made those remarks in response to calls for more gun control laws at the time, those words live on. Heston's declaration captured a truly American value: An over-arching desire to protect our freedoms.

But gun confiscation is exactly what happened during the state of emergency following Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, along with forced relocation. U.S. Troops also arrived, something far easier to do now, thanks to last year's elimination of the 1878 Posse Comitatus act, which had forbid regular U.S. Army troops from policing on American soil.

If martial law were enacted here at home, like depicted in the movie "The Siege", easing public fears and quelling dissent would be critical. And that's exactly what the 'Clergy Response Team' helped accomplish in the wake of Katrina.

Dr. Durell Tuberville serves as chaplain for the Shreveport Fire Department and the Caddo Sheriff's Office. Tuberville said of the clergy team's mission, "the primary thing that we say to anybody is, 'let's cooperate and get this thing over with and then we'll settle the differences once the crisis is over.'"

Such clergy response teams would walk a tight-rope during martial law between the demands of the government on the one side, versus the wishes of the public on the other. "In a lot of cases, these clergy would already be known in the neighborhoods in which they're helping to diffuse that situation," assured Sandy Davis. He serves as the director of the Caddo-Bossier Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.

For the clergy team, one of the biggest tools that they will have in helping calm the public down or to obey the law is the bible itself, specifically Romans 13. Dr. Tuberville elaborated, "because the government's established by the Lord, you know. And, that's what we believe in the Christian faith. That's what's stated in the scripture."

Civil rights advocates believe the amount of public cooperation during such a time of unrest may ultimately depend on how long they expect a suspension of rights might last.

[url=http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937987]Original Link - CBS News KSLA[/url]

2007/8/16 20:21

Re: CBS NEWS Homeland Security Enlists Clergy to Quell Public Unrest if Martial Law E

"Public unrest" is an incredible understatement with Martial Law. Maham is more like it.
General Tommy Franks and others like him have all but guaranteed we'd see it.
These Pastors don't know what they're getting themselves into. I would not follow a Pastor during M.L., unless he had some bunker somewhere - :-P

This list has not been updated and is sort of old - but these still stand.
And this is what these poor Pastor's would have to assist with - and they don't even know it.

FEMA was created in a series of Executive Orders. A Presidential Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed.

Executive Order Number 12148 created the Federal Emergency Management Agency that is to interface with the Department of Defense for civil defense planning and funding. An "emergency czar" was appointed. FEMA has only spent about 6 percent of its budget on national emergencies. The bulk of their funding has been used for the construction of secret underground facilities to assure continuity of government in case of a major emergency, foreign or domestic.

Executive Order Number 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry. Here are just a few Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation.
FEMA 'is' Homeland Security.

Many of the rest have been Classified, but if I find anymore, I'll post them here.
Our Lord is Merciful and loves us enough to forewarn and educate us and call us to draw closer to Him, so that we are as brave as our brothers and sisters in oppressed and persecuted nations. Paul said, that he "learned that whatever state he found himself in therewith to be content" Amen.
We're all made out of the same stuff - and God pours out His Grace "when it's needed" -- we can Bank on that. The Good Shepherd never leaves His sheep.

2007/10/8 7:33
dohzman

Re: CBS NEWS Homeland Security Enlists Clergy to Quell Public Unrest if Martial Law E

I saw the statue of Liberty face down at the presence of the Holy Spirit as God called his people to Hide in His pavillion (as one translations puts it)Isa 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by.

The great American idol of liberty will be amoung those gods first to be judged and indeed is being judged already but the time is long and I believe the true church will eventually need to hide themselves in the secret pavillon of God's presence in order to stand strong and safe from the things that will happen when liberty is cast down at the presence of God's Spirit. In those days it will take a child like faith to endure.

2007/10/8 8:08Profile

Re:

Bush would love to have a crisis before his term runs out, meaning he can stay in longer, or perhaps as long as he can keep the crisis going. Who knows!

Quote:
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

I wish this order was in place right now, the news is more trouble then it's worth, they spout way too much information.

2007/10/8 11:16
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

I wish this order was in place right now, the news is more trouble then it's worth, they spout way too much information.

[size=x-small][color=0099FF]I agree with that completely![/color][/size]

2007/10/8 12:12Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Compliments...

Quote:
Bush would love to have a crisis before his term runs out, meaning he can stay in longer, or perhaps as long as he can keep the crisis going.

Wow! So President Bush told you this? You heard this? Did you read this somewhere? It is amazing -- especially since the President is bound to the Constitution. He [u]MUST[/u] leave office by January 2009 -- even during times of crisis. At that time, he will return to being a private citizen.

Please forgive my frustration, but I am growing weary of trying to seperate fact from fiction here. There are so many allegations and conspiracy theories that run amock that we need to be careful about making such bold, public conclusions. We need to make a distinction of opinion in our posts if we are going to make such bold allegations.

:-(

2007/10/8 13:58Profile

Re:

I don't know about the rest of this but I believe a crisis is coming. The church's in America need one big time! Here's a prophetic message from David Wilkerson:

David Wilkerson’s End-Time Vision

By David Wilkerson

As Reported in Challenge Weekly, Vol. 59, Issue 46, November 27, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Wilkerson’s prophetic message, first given in September 7, 1992,
has been repeated since the September 11 tragedy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This warning is not meant to scare you. It’s meant only for you to take to the Lord and pray. This is what I believe God has shown me:

Thirty days of chastisement will fall on New York City such as the world has never seen. God is going to let down the walls.

There will be unimaginable violence and looting. The violence will be so ferocious, it will shock the whole world. Our streets will be lined, not just with the National Guard, but with militia.

A thousand fires will burn at the same time throughout the city. The Los Angeles fires were confined to a few sections of that city, but New York will be ablaze in all its boroughs. Fire trucks will not be able to handle it all.

Trains and busses will be shut down. Billions of dollars will be lost. Broadway shows will stop completely. Businesses will flee the city in an unstoppable hemorrhage. Such things are expected in Third World countries, but not in a civilized nation like the United States.

Yet, in not too long a time afterwards, New York City will go completely bankrupt. The Queen City will be cast into the dirt, becoming a city of poverty.

You may ask, “When will all this happen?” All I can say is, I believe I will be there when it happens. Yet, when it does, God’s people are not to panic or fear.

Calls and messages have flooded the David Wilkerson ministry office asking, “Was the terrorist attack on September 11 the calamity you were prophesying back in 1992?”

No, not at all. What I saw coming will be much more severe. Indeed, if America rejects God’s call to turn back to Him, we’ll face the same judgments Israel faced. And they will hit not only New York but also every region in the country. Even the heartland won’t be spared. The nation’s economy will collapse, and violence will erupt. Fires will consume our cities, and tanks will rumble through the streets.

Perhaps you wonder, as I have, “Can any of this be avoided?” Yes, absolutely. I believe we’ll be given a reprieve if our President proves to be a Josiah. You may well remember Josiah as the king who sought the Lord with all his heart.

We all should pray that God would give our President the same spirit that Josiah had, to tremble at his Word. The Lord spoke the following to Josiah:

Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof . . . because they have forsaken me, and have (worshipped) other gods. . . But (say) to the king of Judah which sent you to enquire of the Lord . . . Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the Lord, and thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse . . . I also have heard thee, saith the Lord. Behold therefore . . . thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place (2 Kings 22:15-20).

God told the king, in essence, “As long as you’re in power, trembling at my Word and relying on me, you won’t see the judgments to come. They won’t happen during your reign.”

I believe our window of opportunity to respond to God’s call is brief. We all should pray that our nation repents and turns back to the Lord. But our most intense prayers should be for our own hearts:

Lord let me tremble not at the disaster, but at your Word. I want to hear your voice in all of this. Cause me to turn wholly to you.

http://www.bereanpublishers.com/End_Time_Prophecies/david_wilkerson's_end-time_vision.htm

2007/10/8 14:17

Re:

If Martial law is declared, the Constittion is out the window -to put it plainly and the present President, whomever that may be at the time, stays at the helm, even if it is in an election year.

""""Please forgive my frustration, but I am growing weary of trying to seperate fact from fiction here.

There is so much Dis-information running amock that we need to be careful .......' '

GOD is preparing his people through his Prophets and if you throw them out - there's double trouble for you.

GOD is GOOD. And He promised to warn His People of things "before they happen" - in both the Old and New Testaments.

I would much prefer to hear the voices of the Prophets and the Word of GOD in Context and do the Research myself.

And when I say Prophets, I don't mean those who post on Forums - but those who have names we ALL respect.

Those like D.W. and many others are who I will give my ear to and no one else - when it comes to "these days and those days".

2007/10/8 16:44
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello HE_Reigns...

Quote:
Quote:
ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
""""Please forgive my frustration, but I am growing weary of trying to seperate fact from fiction here.

There is so much Dis-information running amock that we need to be careful .......' '

GOD is preparing his people through his Prophets and if you throw them out - there's double trouble for you.

GOD is GOOD. And He promised to warn His People of things "before they happen" - in both the Old and New Testaments.

I would much prefer to hear the voices of the Prophets and the Word of GOD in Context and do the Research myself.

And when I say Prophets, I don't mean those who post on Forums - but those who have names we ALL respect.

Those like D.W. and many others are who I will give my ear to and no one else - when it comes to "these days and those days".

Brother, there is a strong difference between claiming that "[i]Bush would love to have a crisis before his term runs out, meaning he can stay in longer, or perhaps as long as he can keep the crisis going[/i]" and true, honest-to-goodness Biblical prophecy. Even David Wilkerson (who I also admire) is very quick to state that he is not a prophet. He doesn't go around claiming that the "first horse of Revelation" is already out and running in 2007 -- especially with a "believe it or be deceived" attitude. And you know what? Brother Wilkerson actually professes a belief in a pre-trib "rapture" (as indicated by Times Square Church co-pastor Neil Rhodes). So is Brother Wilkerson "deceived?" Several would-be "prophets" would say so.

It is ridiculous to claim that there is "double trouble" for me if I do not believe some of the words or beliefs of such would-be prophets. Do you realize how incredibly pompous that sounds? True Biblical prophecy is one thing -- but conspiracy theories built upon conspiracy theories that come from the mouths of flawed human beings is another. Besides, we are encouraged to "test everything" in I Thessalonians 5:21. If Paul warns us about even listening to angels (Galations 1:8) -- why should we unquestionably embrace the teachings of modern day "prophets" who make such bold claims? Yet when we call into question some statements that are presented as "fact" -- we actually come under attack.

Like I have stated in previous "[i]conspiracy theory[/i]" and "[i]pre-trib is a lie[/i]" threads: I couldn't care less about the interpretations about the end times by fellow believers. I will listen to their words, research their claims, study the Word, pray about the claims, and make up my own conclusion (unless, of course, a conclusion could not or should not be made). But I will not go around stating as fact something that is merely speculation. That is dangerous.

It is safer, I believe, to err on the side of what is [u]definite[/u] truth than to be carried about by various winds of doctrine that are partially based upon interpretation, speculation or conclusion. The only thing that we know for certain is what is written. Is Jesus coming soon? I believe so. Will he rapture his Church before the time of God's wrath upon the Earth? I hope so -- but I am not completely sure one way or the other. Like Keith Green said, we can "[i]pray for pre-trib but be prepared for post-trib[/i]." I am willing to suffer for our Lord. Until then, I will go about living for Him.

:-)

BTW...
Unlike many other nations, "martial law" is greatly limited by the Constitution of the United States. The President cannot serve beyond two terms (or two full terms and a half of an previously existing term if a predecessor dies in office). Even if "martial law" is declared nation-wide, a President is required to fulfill the limits placed within the Constitution. According to Article 1 Section 9, Martial Law can only be declared in times of "Rebellion or Invasion" and only limits the "Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus" (detainment). It doesn't limit any other basic Constitutional guarentees.

Article 1 Section 9 was the only article cited by the Supreme Court during World War II, when thousands of Americans of Japanese origin were confined to "internment camps" (in the cases of Yasui v. United States [1943], Hirabayashi v. United States [1943], and Korematsu v. United States [1944]). These Japanese Americans were forced to live in these camps because of the invasion of the United States (Pearl Harbor, Guam, the Philippines, etc...), but these Americans were still guarenteed the other Constitutional rights while detained.

2007/10/8 17:14Profile

Re:

Sorry once again brother Chris, but you and I will either have to choose to agree to disagree or just leave it to where I can't by any means reply to your posts.
I do not have the physical stamina to dig out all the Bible and Gov Files to show you where you are wrong and my "ego" is not there to prove I am correct.

I think you are wrong - you think I am wrong - so this will never go anywhere, except an endless battle of very lengthy posts.

It doesn't affect my feelings that you disagree with me and have different "sources" of information.

I'm a Christian first and choose to fellowship with those who allow the free exchange of opinions or convictions.
You can post all that you desire to me, but this will be all that you get - and the Love of the Saints in return.

I read a very edifying sermon yesterday Against "debate". There were ample Scriptures provided.

Have a Jesus filled day.

2007/10/8 17:42

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy