SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on "Repentance that God Requires"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on "Repentance that God Requires"

I am glad to announce our first Live Seminar speaker on SermonIndex is Robert Wurtz. The Lord has been dealing in his heart on repentanc for awhile now and its great he can share his heart on this subject with others. If you want to register for the below date go to the homepage of sermonindex and at the top right click on the 'register' link to get the Live Seminars popup box. Then make sure to read the stipulations about these events. Below that is a listing of the live event, with time and date, click on the 'register Now for this event' if you are interested. Then you will recieve an email with the link to the event. You will need the flash player installed on your computer and speakers.

NOTE there is a 25 person limit for each event.

If you have any questions or comments on this event please ask them in this thread.

NOTE: All seminars are free and have a seating capacity of 25 people. Registerants are based on a first come first serve basis. If you do not attend a meeting you have been registered for your further participation in seminars will be banned unless sufficent reason and cause is provided.

You can now Sign-up for Live Seminars with various guest speakers on SermonIndex. The atmosphere of the seminar will be similar to an online classroom model where you can ask questions, raise hand, even if allowed communicate back using audio/video. This will allow many from across the world to hear and benefit meeting various Christian speakers that otherwise would not be possible. Another facet of the Seminars will be to disciple and build up the body of believers that are fellowshiping in the SermonIndex community.
If you have additional questions or comments about the Live Seminar feature please either post them in the SermonIndex.net Support Forum Section or the Contact Us Form. If you are a pastor, speaker, leader and would like to be able to run a seminar please contact us with your information for consideration.

Repentance that God Requires
Speaker: Robert Wurtz II
Date: Thursday, May 13th
Time: 9:00 pm EST (1 hour)
Description: Repentance is the first word of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was the message of John the Baptist and of the great prophets before him. But what does God require in repentance? Perhaps you were once taught that repentance means asking God for forgiveness. Some may even believe that to repent is to "turn over a new leaf" or to quit a few bad habits. In this session we will explore the concept of repentance as it is found throughout scripture. On the subject of "Repentance that God" requires I propose: - I. To show what the word 'repentance' means, II To show how the word is used in the Old Testament, III To show how the word is used in the New Testament.

2004/5/7 11:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on Repentance

I believe there will be video with this seminar but defintely audio. And I will be present moderating the live event. If you register for this event I look forward to seeing you there. Once you register you will recieve an email confirmation with the direct link to the event and also a link to download the flash player if you dont have it on your computer. Please also ensure you have speakers and turn them on :-P

Register ASAP for there are only 25 slots and they will fill up fast. I am hoping to offer more seminars with different speakers quite soon. Please stay tuned and I would love to hear comments, suggestions and also feeback after the events.

2004/5/7 22:23Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Looking forward to it!

Here is that ever helpful time conversion site:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

2004/5/8 0:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Looking forward to it!

I have been privildged to be spending some time talking with this dear brother and he sure does have alot to share on certain subjects one being 'repentance'. I hope personally to be blessed through these sessions. You can still signup for the 1st session before slots fill up.

2004/5/8 16:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There are still afew slots available for this free seminar, the first of its type at sermonindex! Signup before all the spaces fill the MAX number of people are 25.

2004/5/9 23:39Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

[b][size=small]Robert Wurtz [/size][/b]
[b][size=small]"The Repentance That God Requires"[/size][/b]
[size=x-small](A Brief Instructor Bio)[/size]

God sovereignly ordained that I would be brought to church on the “church bus” from the inner city of Kansas City, MO. to Sunday School as a child. Godly men and women taught me the fear of the Lord as a foundational principal in my life. My dad did not attend church at all and my mother went once in a while. God freed my dad from 25 years of alcoholism in 1996 and he is now a deacon in the church and along with my mother have childrens and shut in ministries.

Later in life I was like some teens who get a little distracted with the things of this world, but God protected me from severe addictions to His glory. However, tragedy struck my life at the age 16 as sin caught up and took me for about a 5 year ride of destruction. When lust hath conceived it bringeth forth sin and sin when it is finished bringeth forth death. But God lifted my mangled life from the wreckage of the enemies plan and on Easter Sunday in 1991 I returned to the Father’s House once and for all. God gave me an unquenchable desire for His word and began a work in me to deeply study and teach His word. I was filled with the baptism in the Holy Spirit in 1992 and with it came a tremendous zeal to study, teach, preach, and hate sin! To God ALONE belongs all the glory!

My main coarse of study doctrinally has been apologetics and theology. My main coarse of bible study has been on the subject of victory over sin. I have dedicated most of my Christian life to mining the truths of God's word for every defensive and offensive weapon against the wiles of the devil. My greatest desire is to see God's people walking in truth and in TOTAL VICTORY over sin. Total victory over besetting sins and strongholds of the enemy.

After much personal study and research on Church History and the History of the English Bible I studied first century Church History and Middle Eastern Studies for 31/2 years at the Messianic Institute of Kansas City under Rabbi Jerry Feldman. He is an Assemblies of God Missionary to the Jews. I bless God for that invaluable experience.

I have taught Adult Sunday School for around 10 years and have served as director of Christian Education. I am currently the Youth Pastor of my teenage children and the youth group of our church of some 30 or so members. I have a beautiful wife and 6 wonderful children.

I am a person of like weaknesses as others. God has given me much understanding of what it takes to maintain victory over Sin- though I have not always walked perfectly in it. My desire is to share these truths so that we can all learn together and walk in a way well pleasing to God. I thank God for His infinite mercy and grace. He has chosen not to throw the clay away on many occasions. I also thank God for SermonIndex and the ministry of Greg Gordon and his associates. This ministry has been a missing piece in the tapestry God has been weaving of my life.

God Bless,

-Robert Wurtz

2004/5/10 13:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just so people know you can register on this thread on the first post there is a 'green button' to register. If you have any questions at all please either post a reply or ask a question via email.

2004/5/11 20:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The Live Seminar on Repentance is tonight at 9:00EST with Robert Wurtz you can still signup by clicking on the green 'registration' button on the first post of this thread. If you are having problems registering please [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/contact/]Contact Us[/url]. Looking forward to seeing everyone online who registers. NOTE: you will recieve the link to the Live Meeting in a email once you register.

Heres the breakdown of the seminar:

THE REPENTANCE GOD REQUIRES
By Robert Wurtz II
(Part I)

A) DEFINING REPENTANCE
1) Walking With God
2) Turned From God

B) REPENTANCE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
1) The ‘Concept’ of Repentance
2) Turning the Mind of the Impenitent
3) Denial or Disdain?
4) Repentance that Results in Hatred of Sin
5) Radical Repentance

C) REPENTANCE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
1) Describing the Old Testament Concept
2) Repentance unto Regeneration
3) Repentance: The Gift that God Must Grant

D) REMARKS

2004/5/13 12:04Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Truly looking forward to it tonight!
Thanks to Robert for taking the time to present this as well as for the Bio, that helped kinda round things out :-) Should be excellent!

2004/5/13 12:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Truly looking forward to it tonight!

Yes me too brother, I am working abit on getting the slides ready. Its going to be an interesting experience. Praise God for the the ability to do this long distance. I do pray it proves fruitful.

2004/5/13 15:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy