SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bishop urges Christians to call God 'Allah'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Bishop urges Christians to call God 'Allah'

[b]Bishop urges Christians to call God 'Allah'[/b]

Catholic churches in the Netherlands should use the name Allah for God to ease tensions between Muslims and Christians, says a Dutch bishop.

Tiny Muskens, the bishop of Breda, told the Dutch TV program "Network" Monday night he believes God doesn't mind what he is called, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reported.

The Almighty is above such "discussion and bickering," he insisted.

read more: www.wnd.com

2007/8/16 14:55Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Bishop urges Christians to call God 'Allah'

The first thought that came to my mind when I read the article was, 'It will be a cold day in hell before I do that'.

Maybe you might say it differently, but that's how I am.

I've yet to see the name allah in the Bible.

That's it for me.

God bless.

2007/8/16 14:59Profile

[color=CC00FF]Everything is a word game now days. There is an evil force in the world that wants to try an convince people that a change in words and it will bring peace and love. Only a change in the heart can do that and Allah ain't the one that can give it. Sorry about the grammar there english teachers.[/color]

There are some simularities in this word game below but I believe this above is tops for all of that I have heard._____ more below

inappropriate relationship for adultery
pro-choice instead pro-death for abortion
alternative life style for homosexuality
chemical imbalance [edit] improperly used for demon posessed.
religiously tolerant for embracing lies.
child abuse for child discipline.
Social drinking for drunkard.
politically correct for Biblically incorrect
No fault divorce for covenant breaker without proper reason.
and many more and many more to come I'm sure.

[i][color=CC6600]no other name in which man can be saved. He is way, the truth and the life. [/color][/i][color=660000]Did God really say!!!!![/color]

[color=CC0000]Jesus is the King of Kings[/color]

2007/8/16 16:29
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Arab language Bibles still translate God as Allah, in fact it was the Muslims who took the name of their distorted view of God from the Christian vocabulary.

There has been a lot of talk in missions about re-taking the name of God for Christianity... but there is always a problem of synectrism, which is what I think this Dutch Bishop is going to lead people to... ughh Catholics.

2007/8/16 16:37Profile
wildhorse86

Re:

Moe_mac:
I agree with you on all those points except one. "Chemical imbalance for demon possessed.". I am gathering you are talking about people with mental illness. IF you are, I am deeply offended. I do have a chemical imbalance of seretonin that causes me problems at times but I am in Christ and am not demon possessed. IF that is what you were implying do some research. One thing about a lot of Christians is the fact they don't accept that some people can have something go wrong with their brain as easily as their liver. There is a difference between people who practice occult and gets these symptoms and someone who genuinely has an illness.

As for the topic on hand, God is God or Yahweh. No way am I calling him Allah.

Michael

2007/8/16 18:30Profile

Re:

wildhorse86
I apoligize, I should have been more specific in that one. I was attempted to keep every thing a one liner which was a mistake. What I was referring to is many evil things are blamed on a chemical imbalance which is not the factor.

moe_mac eating crow
I think the that science field has been very benefical to our society in many different ways but I have seen them turn the tables on their theories after decades on standing on fact.
I am more suspicious of their treatment and findings in mental areas being correct than any other.

Again I apoligize for on the one liner on being to short to be factual and complete.

2007/8/16 18:50
wildhorse86

Re:

That's ok. Thanks for clarifying. I guess I do get a bit defensive sometimes. :-)

Peace be with you.
God Bless,
Michael

2007/8/16 19:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy