SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jesus is Lord over PMS and Icky Days (Formerly A Woman Question)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Hi Melanie,

I also suffer from mild depresion, fatigue and feelings of hoplessness around that time. I guess the best thing for me is to recognize it and give myself some "downtime." I know that doesn't sound super spiritual, but the enemy loves to captilize on our weaknesses and tell us what failures we are. For example, when I am tired they enemy will tell me how lazy I am, or when I'm depressed, he'll say it's because I've lost the Joy of the Lord. For me the best way to combat those lies it to recognize that my flesh is physically weaker durning certain days and it's okay.

As far as the irratability goes, Isaiah 26:3 comes to mind "Thou wilt keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusteth in thee."

These are some things that have help me sister.

In HIM,

Tina

2007/8/16 19:09Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I do have some info on this, There is much to be said. But I don't any with me right now.
So before I speak I will just pray. Dear sister
Run to him fall face down, Yes ideed his grace is for you. Lift up your hands and ask for more.
I have seen in many ways being sick. There are many struggles, I have fallen many times but God picks me up each time. Sister in very hard time, we are to rejoice. Yum very hard indeed. I say this because these trails are what grows us. But there is much to say about this, I will get back to you. Until then I am praying for you. Be delighted sweet sister Christ is with you. Take some verse and put your thoughts on them. God will help, let us cry out to him.

Dear sister I pray for you. Oh father please do come and speak and make your joy real and powerful. Father give us wisdom, in these things you have put before us. Help us is our cry. Please pour your grace out on my sister. Thank thee for all you do...

I'll get back sooner or later.. heee
But I will be praying..
In his love
charlene

2007/8/17 1:32Profile
ilive4only1

Texas

Re: A Woman Question (males can't really contribute much on this issue unless yo

Sister,

I for one truly understand what you are going through. I too suffered from PMS. The grumpyness, moodiness, swelling, bloating, irritability, etc.

On the physical side, one way a christian doctor helped me to deal with it was first, drink lots of water (especially a week before your menses), back off of the caffeine, eat more fruits and vegetables, and take a good mutivitamin.

I found out that just drinking the water helped me out tremendously. It made the cramps less severe, and I was less moody. The better I was to my body the better it was to me.

On the spiritual side, I began to spend more time in fasting and prayer, not that I didn't before, it's just that I became more diligent. Fasting helped me to surrender my thought life over to the Lord more so, especially on those days when all I wanted to do was to either attempt suicide, murder someone :-) or just fall down weeping for no specific reason.

God is gracious and He did give me grace.

Also, because I constantly cried out to Him, He sent people my way to help me out. Whether by a book, a radio program, a friend or even a doctor, He let me know that He cared about me.

He after all made us the women that we are.

He knows all about our bodies and as the scripture says, "For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are," Heb. 4:15 ASV

Then just when I finally found out how to deal with PMS, I had to have a hysterectomy and am now going though surgical menopause. Now I have all the hot flashes and night sweats that goes with it, ;-) (it's getting better though).

So be encouraged my sister, you are a Holy One. We are praying for you and I know that God's light will shine through you in the midst of your weakness.

2007/8/17 4:49Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re: A Woman Question (males can't really contribute much on this issue unless yo

Hey, thanks everybody for your responses!

To LittleGift:
Amen, I know that I do sometimes try to pull from my own holiness well, but it is most certainly a broken cistern and I always fall flat on my face. And you know, I may very well have been doing it even more than I was aware.
So is PMS really something we should not seek to be delivered from because it is almost universal? See, I don't know what my stance is on healing.

To Corey:
Although I figured that it could very well be a scripture from God, scriptures are always swimming in my head because I practically have a concordance up there. If I always went by the fragments of scripture that pop up when I'm in a situation, I'd misapply them and probably find myself in a pickle (not saying I ignore them, but I test them). There is a possibility I misunderstand everything- I've discovered that before....

Great verse Tinluke :-D. I gotta admit, that I actually have a male friend who has made the mistake of charging me with losing my joy in Christ when I am PMSing.... And it was really hurtful and stuff, especially because I believed him for quite a while (like that helped you know?), but he didn't know better. I don't think he'd make the same mistake now?

Your post makes me smile Awakenwithin. Thank you for your prayers. I wish you were my next door neighbor.

Hey ilive4only1

I've never been one for the caffine anyway (except the occasional caffinated tea, I usually drink herbal). I'm also radically changing my diet and lifestyle. I truly believe that it is one of our duties to be healthy so that we can serve God better (I've lived a tad overweight and very dehydrated). I'm hoping that this will alleviate my condition, but unless the Lord build the house, I labor in vain.
You know, I've thought of that Hebrews scripture 50 times but thank you for posting it I finally understand. To tell you the truth, I was going to ask (oh this sounds horrible please forgive me) how Christ exactly could have been tempted or touched with PMS... but it totally makes sense now and it gives me hope. I think another male posted on here saying even he can understand at least the symptoms (girls aren't the only ones who get lethargic or irritable!). So put two and two together, Christ didn't have PMS (just like He didn't have cancer... and we don't know if He had the flu), but I'm sure His body wasn't always the happiest body in the world(you think it WANTED to go pray in the early morning after healing people into the late evening?)- and Christ was without sin! Hallelujah there is hope for us women!

To All:

I'll be applying your advice to figure out what I must do to avoid sinning during that weak time. Even the exhortation to downtime, because yes, it may not sound spiritual, but we mustn't be decieved- we do everyting to the glory of God.
You guys are really helping me sort through this. I'm realising that what might be sin when I'm not sick is not necessarily something I should beat myself up about when I am sick (ie: laying in bed all day is not sloth when your ill).
Thank you all for exhorting me to look to Christ and reminding me that He loves me and understands. I believe more than ever that He will keep me from falling.

This is a great discussion.

2007/8/17 6:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy