Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermon Compilations: Copyright infrigement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

PS- Here is a comp I made last year titled "Alter Call". It uses preaching clips, a clip of a copyright secular song (that sadly I own on an old cd), and freely downloadable techno (I used to have a ton of it before I lost all my mp3s on my computer)...

Open for discussion on the matter

[url=http://www.obeyjesus.net/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,53/Itemid,35/]Alter Call[/url]

PS, this comp is NOT on SI, its on another site.

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/16 15:03
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
As for the revival hymn, I do believe it is under fair use laws as a non-commercial, for personal use compilation.

I see some ads above the Revival Hymn download, wouldn't that make it harder to argue fair use rationale?

2007/8/16 15:05Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Jim,

Quote:
Using clips is not illegal, that is all I was saying. All I watch on youtube are open air preaching videos and sermon clips so I dont know about the rest that is shown.

Open air preaching videos and sermon clips are absolutely ok to watch and distribute (unless it is from a DVD sold for profit or something...I wouldn't think it is though). I can understand why you'd be upset if I said those were wrong to watch!!!

You would have to have seen a lot of videos on YouTube to know what I was referring to. I was mainly referring to whole episodes of cartoons or maybe an exciting 5-15 minute scene of a new release movie. Also, there are many many music videos which are copyrighted. And many other miscellaneous videos that use copyrighted songs (the full length) as background music. These are clearly not for educational use, and it is unfair to the song writer. A person can go on YouTube and have access to all the songs of an artist which they would normally have to purchase. I know people who do this, and I used to be one of them.

Anyway, I'm glad for this discussion - this topic is not discussed enough.

Nile

2007/8/16 15:51Profile

Re:

yeah, sorry Nile, I had no idea that stuff was on youtube... I really dont watch it much. Check out that comp I posted and let me know what you think from a copyright perspective.

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/16 15:55
blinx

Oeiras, Portugal

Re:

Quote:
sermonindex wrote:
As for the revival hymn, I do believe it is under fair use laws as a non-commercial, for personal use compilation.

Brother, I don't think Revival Hymn is for personal use, because the author made it public (he posted it on the internet). Personal use would be for himself only.

I'm quite tired right now.. I'll post tomorow more things about this (it's almost 21 pm here in Portugal and I haven't had dinner yet)

So cya tomorow! ;)

2007/8/16 15:59Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Check out that comp I posted and let me know what you think from a copyright perspective.

In Christ - Jim

I listened to some of it...from a copyright standpoint, if the song was copyrighted, it shouldn't be used.

Why are we trying to make exceptions?
What's to gain?

[b]Have we such little faith in the preaching of the gospel by godly men that we think it lacks power unless set to an emotional secular song?[/b]

2007/8/16 16:54Profile

Re:

Nile the emotional secular song is I cant fight this feeling anymore, used as the backdrop for the emotional and godless alter calls given in our time, you got it completley backwards, please listen to the whole thing in context if you want to comment.

BTW.. we are seeing small outporings of the Spirit in Detroit through powerful preaching, no soft music is played in hte background while they preach!

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/16 20:45
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I listen to it, I am unsure do we have use those songs? Not the songs at the end.. I think they draw me away from what the men are saying.. It was hard to listen because of the music it the background.. I am not sure. maybe I listen to the music before I was saved so I guess now it put a bad tast in my mouth..

In his love
charlene

2007/8/18 13:41Profile

Re:

Here are some compilations on sermonindex of which the maker has used his own instrumental music in the background. If you would like a copy of the background music... to use in comps, just private message me your email address and I'll send them to you. They are non-copyrighted songs and they'll fit well for background music.

Crucified with Christ

Somebody Prayed (compilation)

Permission has been given from heartcrymissionary.com (Paul washer's ministry) to share this with other. They do have a copyright on Paul washer's sermons, so I would encourage you to ask their permission first, with a description of the theme, the preachers, and the style of music in your comp. Some preacher's might allow it if the music isn't worldly and If you do not use clips in an unholy manner. It's better to honor their request and ask permission first, than to use copyrighted material without permission. I've known of a ministry that was deeply grieved that their sermons had been used in a compilation without permission from them. We may have a fair-use right... But, we risk offending another unnecessarily by not asking permission first.
This would simply apply to material that has stated in the copyright statement to ask permission first.

Somebody Prayed - Part 2 (compilation)

The Damnation of Hell - Part 1

The Damnation of Hell - Part 2

God bless you! -Abraham

2007/8/26 18:36

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy