SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I Have Arrived!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

I Have Arrived!

I have finally arrived! I've come to the place where I have no hope whatsoever in the things of this world. I think that's what's "wrong" with me.

The past three years have been a process of my coming to the realization that all the things of this world system where I have lived are contrary to God's kingdom. It has brought me to extreme despair. This despair has confounded me. I've despaired over my despair.

Sometime during the night, I realized that this is a good thing.It is good that I've lost all hope in earthly things. Now, perhaps I can attain a heavenly vision that will allow me to live the rest of my life, "in the world, but not of it."

At least, I can finally see, that all this pain and despair was for a good purpose. Love, Dian.

2007/8/15 6:36Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: I Have Arrived!

That's wonderful, God is good in the patience with us to bring us to realize that important truth.

Thanks for sharing and God bless your heart.

2007/8/15 6:44Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Quote:

Spitfire wrote:
At least, I can finally see, that all this pain and despair was for a good purpose.

That-a-girl. I knew you'd get there in the end.

Quote:

Whom have I in heaven but Thee? There is none that I desire on earth beside Thee. My flesh and my hearth faileth, but God is the strength of my hearth, and my portion forever.
[b]Psalm 73:25-26[/b]

Welcome to the biggest "in-joke" the "world" will never know. ;-)

2007/8/15 9:06Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Reply to Spitfire.
I live in another state now but my ninety year old mother lives in Loudon County Tennessee. I moved away in 1960.

The realization that we are subjects in The Kingdom of God is worthy of a shout and a song of praise to our Lord for the rest of eternity. May God bless you my neighbor.
Eddie

2007/8/15 9:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

CJaKfOrEsT wrote:
Quote:

Spitfire wrote:
At least, I can finally see, that all this pain and despair was for a good purpose.

That-a-girl. I knew you'd get there in the end.

Quote:

Whom have I in heaven but Thee? There is none that I desire on earth beside Thee. My flesh and my hearth faileth, but God is the strength of my hearth, and my portion forever.
[b]Psalm 73:25-26[/b]

Welcome to the biggest "in-joke" the "world" will never know. ;-)

AMEN! Sometimes the Lord has to bring us way down in order to raise us up, (Philippians 2).

An example that comes to mind is Peter, (I don't mean you have denied the Lord in the way he did). He was "winnowed", but JESUS had prayed for him. And afterwards his task was to strengthen his brethren and feed the Lord's flock.

May that be so of you also, dear Sister!

In Him

Jeannette

2007/8/15 10:32

Dear Dian,

It is awesome that finally you have got this key understanding from all that you've battled in the years I've known you through SI.

God knows how to tease us out where we are most mistaken, that we should be renewed in the spirit of our minds.

I know you've been through what seemed to be a baffling time, but now that you know what He's been getting at, I suspect a whole lot more will unfold to your understanding, almost by default.

This scripture came to mind when I heard your news:

Ephesians 2:12, 13
that at that time [u]you were[/u] without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, [u]having no hope and without God[/u] in the world. [u]But now in Christ[/u] Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

And then this:

Ephesians 4:
1 I, therefore, [u]the prisoner of the Lord[/u], beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 [i]There is[/i]] one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who [i]is[/i]] above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.

A while ago, I realised that Paul was completely serious about being 'a prisoner of the Lord'. He had understood that he should die for his sin, but, in acceptance of Jesus having died, he willingly devoted himself to His service, because through Him he had [i]got out of eternal jail[/i].

A prayer-for-the-day from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer, alluding to Jesus, says 'in Whose service is perfect liberty'.

I remember being struck by that paradox the first time I heard it.

Recently I wondered what is the 'one hope', and concluded it is the resurrection after death - that is, nothing which we receive here on earth.

Acts 26 has this, also:

5 "They knew me from the first, if they were willing to testify, that according to the strictest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
6 "And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers.
7 "To this our twelve tribes, earnestly serving [i]God[/i] night and day, hope to attain. [u]For this hope's sake[/u], King Agrippa, [u]I am accused[/u] by the Jews. [u]Why should it be thought incredible by you that God raises the dead[/u]?

Amen. 8-)

2007/8/15 21:00

Hey sister (Dian),

How's it going since you 'arrived'?

2007/8/22 16:12
Talkn2u

Congratulations!!!
Now when you see things going on that don't make sense...it will make sense!!!

it is a wonderful way to live...because soon, the things of the Spirit will be the "norm/natural" for you...

The knowledge of God's Sovereignty becomes absolute comfort in the most difficult of times.

I rejoice with you!!!
Bonnie

2007/8/23 14:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy