SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : praying hyde

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

praying hyde

praying hyde

1906- The camb on His throne
" Again at this convention in answer to prayer, God poured out om us, by His Spirit, a burden for the lost souls. We saw the same broken - heartedness for the sins of others. None felt this more than John Hyde. God was deepening his prayer - life. He was permitted of God to have the privilege of drinking of the Master's cup, and being baptism with His baptism - the second baptism of fire, suffering with Him that we may reign with Him here and now, the life of true Kings for the sake of others"

" How often in prayer room he would break out tears over the sins of the world, and especially of God's childern."

"We begane to pray, and suddenly the great burden of soul was cast upon us, and the room was filled with sobs and cries for one whom most of us had never seen or heard of before. Strong men lay on the ground groaning in agony for that soul"

may God move in our prayer times... A filling of fire of Holy Spirit ...

in his love
charlene

2007/8/14 21:04Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: praying hyde

" and the next step is purity. God wants vessels for his service, Clean channels through which to pour froth His Grace"

" prayer times where like heaven on earth"
there was wrestling in prayer.

How often do we wrestle in prayer?
Does it matter if we are holding on to sin when we pray?

1908-
"I went to his room I would find him lying as in great agony, walking up and down as if an inward fire were burning in his bones"

" when meal time came he would say I am not hungery No there was a far greater hunger eating up his very soul, and prayer alone could satisfy that"

What are we hungery for?
What hunger for prayer do we have in our lives?

"for He ever liveth to male intercession for us"

" He had an unsatisfied longing an undying passion for lost souls"

2007/8/14 22:13Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

How imporatnt is prayer?
" could you not watch with me one hour?"
" The renewal of the Church will depend on the renewal of our prayer life the powers of the world to come are at our deisposal if we will make time for quiet hours fro fellowship and communion, which is our Lord's supreme yearning desire"

"The calcutta friend concludes: "we have heard of martyrs who were kept in prison, and in the end were put to death, But have we ever heard of one who was so given up to the ministry of prayer that the strain of a daily burden brought him to a premature grave?" " No friend; answers another brother in India, Not a premature grave ; it was the grave of Jesus Christ. John Hyde laid down his life calmly and deliberately for the Church of God in India"

What are we willing to give up for prayer?

Can prayer transform our Ministry?
one lady who was a missionary said she " she would make prayer primary, not secondary, she would begin to live a prayer- life in Gods strenght"
she said " my new life called for much of the best time of day, was to spent in prayer and Gods word.. Many times going around hard work while I stayed quielty in my room. Many times I have longed to be out again in active work among the people in rush of life, but God would not let me go.. I was ashamed of the years of almost prayerless missionary life"

Are we willing to make prayer primary?

Does Christ posses our lives?
" He communed with Him as with a friend, speanding hours with Him, His inmost being was made radiant with Christ's abiding presnce, and wherever he went " christ was revealed"

" The Holy Spirit enter in His fullness and began to lead me into the love and joy and peace- a knowledge surpassing the love and joy and peace for which I had long been yearning"

How much do we want God?
How badly do we want Him?
what does it look like to enter into a life of prayer, with a deep longig to speak with our King

Is Holiness needed in our prayers?

" There is no power on the world so irrepressible
as the power of personal holiness"
" the holiest men I have ever known and his life exerted a great influence" they were radiant by Christ adibing presence"

May bow our knees and seek His presence

2007/8/18 23:30Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

truly hyde was a fisher for souls
how does one be a fisher for souls?
A “real praying man”
what makes a real man of prayer?
“ I knew that I was In the presence of God himself, and had no desire to leave the place
in fact I do not think that I thought of myself or of my surrounding for I entered into a new world and I wanted to remain there, we hadn’t no it but we were In there for 6 hours.”

So it is only the spirit that can teach men to pray?

“ a man told John Hyde these words.. I shall not cease praying for you, dear John until you are filled with the Holy spirit. My pride was touch, and I felt exceedingly angery, and I crushed the letter and threw it into a corner of the cabin and went up on deck in avery angry spirit .. The idea of implying that I was not filled with Spirit. I was going out as a missionary and I was determined to be a good missionary and this implied that I was not fitted and equipped for the work.. I read the letter again and again, he was right I am wrong I went three days I felt perfectly miserable, In final despair I ask the Lord to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Then he was never the same Christ took rule and gave him a new power”

“They sat on the floor for hours speaking of Christ .. If we could only spend time wllone with Christ what visions we could get, how we also could speak of Him to others until they had visions of Him”

“ No enjoyed the company of men and women more then he did But Jesus came frist”

He was always on his knees when went to bed, and on knees long before I was up. And light a lamp serveral times in the night”

"can we not have an occasional day of prayer and fasting? let us go to the Lord and settle it with Him. Let us be willing to sacrifice our own comforts in order to have more time for prayer"

he freely drank of the Spirit

2007/8/21 19:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy