SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Word of God and Prayer ~ Chadwick

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

quote:
Even the Bible may become a hindrance. Light can blind. Our Lord reproached the religious teachers of His day because their misuse of the Scriptures blinded their minds. Stepping-stones may become slipping-stones, and even a corner stone may be a stumblingblock. In all questions of the soul each must find help where he can.

moe_mac wrote:
The Pharisees did not have the Holy Spirit to guide them. The Holy Spirit did not come for believers until Pentecost only for a few choosen Jewish people. As a matter of fact, if it very obvious to me, the Pharisees actually knew very little of the Old Testament by memory. They didn't even realize it when Jesus read from Isaiah and fulfilled the prophecy in the Temple.
The Holy Spirit living inside of a child of God will give a desire for a conversation with their Lord and King, if indeed HE is King and Lord. Everyone wants a savour, but some only want saved but refuse the King and Lord of their life. That is why Jesus told the pharisees, you honor me with your lips, but your hearts are far from me. Where there a is desire, an action will occur also.
However we as Christians can quench the Holy Spirit and refuse to submit HIS call and communicate to HIM when HIS spirit prompts our hearts to do so. Prayer is not something we learn, but through HIS WORD we learn that it is reverent, sincere, humble ordianary communication with a HOLY GOD from a sinner saved by grace through faith in our Jesus Christ because of HIS rich mercy and love for us. And will have a result unto good works, not works to be saved.

2007/8/19 18:23
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Prayer

Quote:
I feel woefully inadequate and yet expectantly hopeful.

Twice that word has come up since logging back on ([url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18954&forum=45]The Prodigal Bomber[/url]), absoultely the word that has gripped me over these ensuing days ...

Gary, hope you might read through this small book and give us your thought's on the other thread.

Hope I didn't confuse matters by doing it in this manner ...

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=9715&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]How many People struggle with Prayer , Prayer 101[/url]

2007/8/19 21:35Profile

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Quote:
I feel woefully inadequate and yet expectantly hopeful.

Twice that word has come up since logging back on ([url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18954&forum=45]The Prodigal Bomber[/url]), absoultely the word that has gripped me over these ensuing days ...

Gary, hope you might read through this small book and give us your thought's on the other thread.

Hope I didn't confuse matters by doing it in this manner ...

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=9715&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]How many People struggle with Prayer , Prayer 101[/url]
[color=FF0000]

quote:from crsschk How many People struggle with Prayer: Even the Bible may become a hindrance. Light can blind. Our Lord reproached the religious teachers of His day because their misuse of the Scriptures blinded their minds. Stepping-stones may become slipping-stones, and even a corner stone may be a stumblingblock. In all questions of the soul each must find help where he can. [/color]

moe_mac wrote answer to what I thought was error on Sunday afternoon:
The Pharisees did not have the Holy Spirit to guide them. The Holy Spirit did not come for believers until Pentecost only for a few choosen Jewish people. As a matter of fact, if it very obvious to me, the Pharisees actually knew very little of the Old Testament by memory. They didn't even realize it when Jesus read from Isaiah and fulfilled the prophecy in the Temple.
The Holy Spirit living inside of a child of God will give a desire for a conversation with their Lord and King, if indeed HE is King and Lord. Everyone wants a savour, but some only want saved but refuse the King and Lord of their life. That is why Jesus told the pharisees, you honor me with your lips, but your hearts are far from me. Where there a is desire, an action will occur also.
However we as Christians can quench the Holy Spirit and refuse to submit HIS call and communicate to HIM when HIS spirit prompts our hearts to do so. Prayer is not something we learn, but through HIS WORD we learn that it is reverent, sincere, humble ordianary communication with a HOLY GOD from a sinner saved by grace through faith in our Jesus Christ because of HIS rich mercy and love for us. And will have a result unto good works, not works to be saved.

moe_mac wrote Sunday night 08/19/08 11:30 central time. after I could not locate the article without doing a search to ask questions:

What I am confused about is the part I copied and pasted from your article I cannot find now. It may be there somewhere but I can't find it and the whole article has been moved and I had to do an advanced search to even find this comment and answer from you. What happened. Where is the article that contains the information in red letters I copied from your article? If I am in error on this I apoligize in advance. If you edited it for some reason that's ok, but it was there this afternoon. Just trying to get on the same page and find out what happened.

2007/8/20 0:54

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy