SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Wow!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PJ

Wow!!!

Wow!!! What else can I say. As someone who has been starving for some powerful sermons, I feel like I have discovered the greatest treasure imaginable. I'm a full time childrens pastor who does not get to attend church very often. I do maintain a fairly disiplined devotional life, however there's just nothing like a powerful sermon to push you on towards seeking more of God. I had no idea that such a vast supply of audio sermons existed on these great men. Ravenhill is definetly one of my favorites. It was his name search that led me hear. To be able to actualy watch him preach is more than I have ever dared to hope for. I am already soring for the Lord as I have not in a long time due to some of the stirring messages I have heard. Thank you, thank you, thank you to whoever is ultimately respounsible for putting this site together.

2003/7/29 12:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Wow!!!

Quote:
As someone who has been starving for some powerful sermons, I feel like I have discovered the greatest treasure imaginable.

Yes it is a wonderful treasure, and I believe it will be a tremdous blessing to you brother!

Quote:
I had no idea that such a vast supply of audio sermons existed on these great men.

Well about 6 months ago all these sermons went onto the web. And before then, it would have been very hard and mostly impossible to find audio/video sermons by the speakers listed in the [url=http://www.therevivalweneed.com/xoops/modules/mydownloads/]Downloads Section[/url].

Quote:
Ravenhill is definetly one of my favorites. It was his name search that led me hear. To be able to actualy watch him preach is more than I have ever dared to hope for.

He is my favorite also and I am soo happy that I was able to get his audio sermons and even videos on the internet!

I recommend you watch his interview video where a few brothers taped him in conversation for about 2 hours.

[url=http://www.therevivalweneed.com/xoops/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702]Leonard Ravenhill Interview (Video) 83.32 MB[/url]

Quote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you to whoever is ultimately respounsible for putting this site together.

Well.. its God! all glory belongs to him.. but I have helped along the way with a bunch of other brothers and sisters in Christ.

2003/7/29 12:48Profile

Re: Wow!!!

That would be Greg of wrtbooks and yes it is an awesome site! Enjoy the site all you want and come post on the boards and if you feel so inclined I'm sure Greg would be blessed if you would consider helping in the donation section to keep the site free. Even $10 would go a long way! :-D

Kevin

2003/7/29 12:52
PJ

Re:

I've already watched the Ravenhill interview. It's hard to explain the impact that it had. I started it as I was resting for to get ready for our second Sunday morning service. I could not finish it until later. I actually came back to my office late Sunday night to finish it. It just left me speachless. Really! I could not put into word what I was fealling after seeing the cry of this mans heart. My wife kept asking "what's wrong". Then only thing that I could say was that I had no words to explain what I was feeling. I didn't want to be around people, thing only thing I really wanted was to be alone with God.
I guess I should not be surprised by this, his books have always had the same effect. Can anyone relate to this???

2003/7/29 13:05Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I guess I should not be surprised by this, his books have always had the same effect. Can anyone relate to this???

Yes. Definetly brother! When I read his book 'Why Revival Tarries' [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0871236079/qid=1059498664/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-1713595-2224039?v=glance&s=books]amazon.com link[/url], It totally changed my life and really got me to want to make a difference for God and experience revival. When I first watched the 'Interview Video' I was so blown away I had to just be alone in my room and pray with God the whole night. The saddest thing of all is ravenhill died with a 'broken heart for the awful condition of the Church of Jesus Christ'. Man to die with a broken heart!! he really wanted Jesus to be glorified in his saints and this man strived with Gods power 'through him' (Acts 15:4,12).

I think its safe to say that I consider Leonard Ravenhill as my mentor in many ways and he has really helped my realize the condition of the Church and also the paramount importance of PRAYER!

Quote:
It just left me speachless. Really! I could not put into word what I was fealling after seeing the cry of this mans heart.

ditto.

2003/7/29 13:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy