SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Detroit Street Ministry Update

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Detroit Street Ministry Update

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Saints,

I rarely write, publish videos, or produce audios of the ministry that God has blessed us with in inner city Detroit. This is a personal conviction based on personal instructions I have from the Lord. I am extremely wary of self promoting, and giving room for pride or boasting in the flesh, however subtle and cleverly disguised that promoting may be.

With that being said, I feel a strong unction in my spirit to release a ministry report at this time for the glory of God and the encouragement of the saints. It is important to note as you read this, that we are not an organized or orchestrated ministry with a name, financial support or a building to meet in. We are a small group of students, housewives, 9-5ers and the most foolish of vessels that the Lord could choose to personally revive and send out to a lost and dying world. We have no seminary degrees, bible college certificates, nor are we credentialed by any religious institution. I write this that you may know you too can step out of empty religious traditions and begin to experience true New Testament Christianity in serving others the power and reality of the kingdom of God on earth. Thanks be to God that He still chooses the foolish and weak to represent Him.

The following is an account of Gods mercy and power this past Wednesday. It is in no way limited to this one account, as the Spirit has been powerful this summer and this type of testimony is becoming quite regular every time we hit the streets or rescue mission to minister. It is important to note that there were only two brethren present, with a third at home interceding in prayer while her young children were sleeping.

Wednesday, August 8th, 2007
Another opportunity was given today to preach to the 50 or so men who stay in the temporary housing at the Detroit Rescue Mission. (We preach there every Wednesday) The word of the Lord went forth powerfully again tonight despite the foolish vessel used to deliver it. The most severe threatening of Gods coming wrath against our reprobate society and reprobate church system were thundered forth. The cheap grace and prosperity gospel messages were exposed as agents of hell and the glorious blood and resurrection power of Christ were boldly proclaimed along with the conditions of following Him. What an incredible blessing it is to deliver this message to those who have no hope and whom have been left defeated in bondage and addiction by the powerless gospel being preached throughout the land.

The Holy Spirit gave witness to the word in a powerful way during the preaching as the men looked horrified as they came to understand that Gods righteous anger was building against them to be revealed in all its fury on the soon coming day of wrath. Afterwards, a penitent drug addict came up crying out to be saved. The poor soul represents many on the street of Detroit who have “been to church”, “asked Jesus into their heart” and have grown completely hopeless and jaded because these magical steps prescribed by false prophets left them utterly destitute of the power and reality of the resurrected Christ in their lives. This brother cried out as best as he could through his uncontrollable sobbing for the Lord to forgive him, deliver him from sin, and to set him free from the bondage of addiction that he might be a testimony to the glory of God for the family whom he had abandoned. The Lord prompted us to pray over him and rebuke the demons of addiction and command them to leave his body. The power and reality of the Holy Spirit was undeniably present. If you are a prayer warrior, remember brother Anthony in Detroit.

Another man whom lives in the long term mission housing, and thus is not required to attend chapel services, came up after being ‘led’ into the service halfway through the preaching. He came in while the prosperity Gospel, which sadly is even preached to the homless in Detroit, was being railed against with mighty thundering. This man apparently has been sitting under a blind and greedy sheppard who was preaching this garbage and was stunned by what was being said about it when he walked in the chapel. Needless to say, he had been feeling that the prosperity preaching was not of God and this gave him further confirmation to come out from it.

These are just two accounts of many who have been gloriously delivered from sin and addiction by the power of the blood of Jesus at the rescue mission. The Spirit of the Lord has been powerful and we plan to continue preaching in the mission every Wednesday on top of weekend trips downtown until all out revival falls (we have seen glorious peeks) or we are kicked out (at which point we will stand outside of the mission and continue to preach until the Lord directs us otherwise). What a precious thing to see God raising up Holy Ghost soldiers from among the gangsters and addicts on the streets. They are truly entering into the kingdom of God ahead of the majority of church goers in America.

After dealing with the men at the mission, we headed downtown where the homeless sleep to provide food and minister the Gospel. The first person we talked to was not homeless but an addict on the run from some drug dealers that he owed money to. The Spirit was strong and the word went forth powerfully to this man as he broke down in tears. We were able to minister to him for a while, as he knew God was giving him a chance in mercy to be cleansed of his sin and set free from addiction. In a situation where one would normally have the penitent repeat a sinner’s prayer, we instead felt to send him off to seek a quiet place to cry out to God for mercy and grace. After walking through the town plaza to distribute food and sing hymns and praises to our most blessed savior we headed back home to the burbs with the fire of God burning in our hearts and with a renewed passion to move downtown so we can minister every day among the least of these my brethren. Again, we are nobodies who have simply seen the calling to take all focus off of our career goals, retirement plans, and wordly ambitions, and instead to be the Church by feeding the poor, giving sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf in the power and authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and for the fathers glory.

Are you a nobody too?

Spiritual blessings to you in Christ Jesus.

Jim

2007/8/13 0:11
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Detroit Street Ministry Update

Jim, thank you for this ... Is it normally Wednesday's that you go out?

2007/8/13 7:48Profile

Re:

Mike,

We do go out every Wednesday evening to the mission and downtown and on most Fridays or Saturdays we go downtown too.

In Christ - Jim

2007/8/13 8:46
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Thanks for the update Jim, it is indeed an encouragement to hear about these conversions there in Detroit. We will keep Anthony in prayer.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/8/13 11:12Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Hi everyone.

Jim may the Lord be with you and yours there in an ever increasing way. And strengthen you for His name's sake.

"The poor soul represents many on the street of Detroit who have “been to church”, “asked Jesus into their heart” and have grown completely hopeless and jaded because these magical steps prescribed by false prophets left them utterly destitute of the power and reality of the resurrected Christ in their lives."

And these [i]magical steps[/i] seems to be exactly akin to what the prophet spoke against here...

"They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you."

Chris

2007/8/18 11:17Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I was wondering if there was any praise you could share or things we could be praying for..
Thanks

charlene

2007/9/18 16:04Profile
huggybear555

Re:

i praise God for you brother jim. i know that God is moving in a mighty way through you and the others with you. it is my prayer that you go. and this is my answered prayer. keep moving as the lord wills. soon it will all be over and you will be standing before the lord spotless before the lord, honored and full of his glory,and all your loved ones too.

2007/9/29 11:44Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
we headed downtown where the homeless sleep to provide food and minister the Gospel. The first person we talked to was not homeless but an addict on the run from some drug dealers that he owed money to. The Spirit was strong and the word went forth powerfully to this man as he broke down in tears.

Thank you, Jim, for your encouraging words! God is at work PTL. May he empower you with his Spirit.

Funny, I just printed off the following words – to be sung by a child at an upcoming Children’s Camp ministry event.

Go Light Your World
by Chris Rice

1. There is a candle in every soul
Some brightly burning, some dark and cold
There is a spirit who brings a fire
Ignites a candle, and makes his home.

Chorus:
Carry your candle
Run to the darkness
Seek out the hopeless, confused and torn
Hold out your candle
For all to see it
Take your candle, go light your world
Take your candle, go light your world

2. Frustrated brother, see how he's tried to
Light his own candle some other way
See now your sister she's been robbed and lied to
Still holds a candle, without a flame.

Chorus:

3. We are a family
Whose hearts are blazing
Lets raise our candles, light up the sky
Pray to our Father that the name of Jesus
May be a beacon in darkest times.

Chorus:

Diane

2007/9/29 11:58Profile
huggybear555

Re:

i'm glad that many of us are coming to our senses. i think the ones that arn't are either brain washed,like power and control,or afraid to believe the truth. they seem to be scared to let the real God take control,because they will lose the power or positions. and i also believe that their understanding of order is lost. their order is really control.

2007/9/29 12:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy