SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Constant Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Constant Prayer

I pray this be of use to someone.

Ephesians 6:10-20 says:

'10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18[b]Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints[/b];

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.'

[i]Praying always[/i] - I can't emphasise enough just how important this command is. Prayer is by far [b]the[/b] most precious gift that God has given to His people. Prayer allows us to:

1. Bring our requests to the Lord
2. Enter directly into His presence
3. Focus the mind on Him who loves us
4. Keep us safe from Satan and his demons.

The only times I have ever been strong with the Lord (and I mean [i]truly[/i] strong with the Lord, not some self-confidence) have been the times when my heart and mind have been in constant prayer and conversation with my Lord. As soon as I stop praying, even for a moment, my every weakness is opened unto the devil and he takes over.

I urge you brothers and sisters to be alert! Keep in prayer with God because He listens! Keep in prayer with God because He cares and protects! Don't make the same mistakes that a poor fool like me makes daily! Stay near to God, and He will stay near to you.

God isn't looking for a people that just say 'Take me and use me Lord'. He's looking for a people that will say 'Take me and use me Lord', and do everything they can to be used by Him! The majority of Christians today think that being a follower of Christ means going to church, listening to some worship music every once in a while and reading your Bible every morning. All these things are pointless and useless if you aren't doing them for the glory of God.

He's not asking you to live a life for Him so that you can be glorified! He's asking you to live a life for Him so that He gets every single ounce of glory for Himself! Why? Because He [b]deserves it[/b]. What have you ever done to deserve anyone's praise?!

God commands us to be perfect, just as He is perfect (Matthew 5:48). Perfect here means 'brought to its end, finished'. Are you finished? Are you finished for yourself? Are you finished with your selfish ways? I pray that you answer with a resounding 'Yes!'

It's time to break free from lukewarm Christianity that many partake in once a week. Live for Christ and look only to Him! Leave your life of sin! Be set free and live for Him (and only Him)!

You might, like myself, think through this and conclude that you aren't strong enough to do any of this. This is probably because, like me, you too often look to yourself for strength.

Look to God. Do everything for Him and Him alone. Constant prayer is a necessity in the Christian's life, because it was a necessity in Christ's life. Look to Him, be always talking to Him and spending time with Him. Without the constant presence of God in your life, you will fall.

God help me.

2007/8/12 16:43
LiveforGod

Re: Constant Prayer

Thank you Brother.

Quote:
I pray this be of use to someone.

Yes it is brother, don't doubt it for a second.
Quote:
He's not asking you to live a life for Him so that you can be glorified! He's asking you to live a life for Him so that He gets every single ounce of glory for Himself! Why? Because He deserves it. What have you ever done to deserve anyone's praise?!

Oh how my soul desires more and more to Glorify him with all my beeing, no matter what the cost may be. He lived and died for a fool and sinner like me, he gave his all for me , that alone is enough for me to give up everything I have or ever will have so that he may use it to get all the Glory he deserves from me.
Thank you brother for this post. It has touched me deeply. May God be Glorified with our lives.

2007/8/12 17:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy