SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A curious observation.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
John173

Omaha

A curious observation.

I admit it. I am a pre trib believer. Actually I'm both. I believe prior to the great tribulation that those who belong to the Philadelphian church will be taken out of the world. I also believe that many will get saved during the tribulation...

I am not starting this thread to begin again debating all the various scriptural references to this age old arguement. There are numerous threads that have been down that road.

Something I find curious is that in the religions of the new age movement there is an expectation that the world is about to go through a "quantum leap". In addition to this there is a great deal of science fiction on our bookshelves today. Search the internet and you can find a bunch of sights that believe the notion that one day aliens will come to snatch a large portion of the population away for their own evil or even benevolent purposes.

If indeed there is no pre trib rapture, why do yo suppose the devil is going to such great lengths to convince the deceived hoards of things that could explain away the sudden disappearance of many thousands of people?

Just a thought.

Doug

2007/8/12 13:25Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: A curious observation.

I like Keith Green's thinking on this subject:
"When it comes to believing in pre-tribulation
or post-tribulation rapture, my motto has
always been: pray for pre but prepare for
post. That way we'll be ready for truly
anything--which is exactly the way God wants
us to be!!" :-D

2007/8/12 13:59Profile

Quote:
I am not starting this thread to begin again debating all the various scriptural references to this age old argument...

Too Late!! :-P

2007/8/12 14:02
Nile

Raleigh, NC

"All I know is that a lot of people get beat up and we win in the end."
:-P

2007/8/12 14:33Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

It truly is my hope that we don't start discussing our particular viewpoint on pre or post trib, lobbying our particular proof texts back and forth. That's been done ad infinitum elsewhere. I just thought it something worthwhile to consider. In warfare it would be a foolish general indeed who ignored the movements of his adversaries forces. I truly believe that understanding what the enemy is doing can give us insight into discerning the times.

Blessings in Christ,

Doug

2007/8/12 17:39Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

I agree. We have to be sober, be watchful,
be vigilant and watch and pray that we may
be found worthy in Him when He returns!!

2007/8/12 19:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy