SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy - question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy - question

Christianaudio:
The Free Audiobook of the Month for August is Leo Tolstoy's [b]The Resurrection[/b]. One of the many classic novels by Tolstoy, The Resurrection explores the depths of human sin, suffering, and redemption.

Has anyone read this book? Good? Bad? I just wondered if it was worth my time.

Thanks!

~Joy

2007/8/10 21:09
JennRich

Alabama

Re: The Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy - question

Hi Joy,

I'm not familiar with The Resurrection, but I read Anna Karenina a few years ago and I found it surprisingly Christ-centered. However I have my doubts that Tolstoy himself was ever saved. I've read biographical sketches of him and there seemed to be a lot of sin in his life; yet he seemed to have a true understanding of the Gospel.

I'd say give it a try . . . useful insight can be gained from nearly every book you read.

Jennifer

2007/8/10 22:40Profile

Re:

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the reply, that was helpful...hmm, I'll have to keep thinking on it. I'm trying to be wise in where I spend my time and while much can be gleaned from old classics...the question is 'is it the best use of my time?'

Hope all is well with you and your family. :)

~Joy

2007/8/10 22:44
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

JennRich wrote:
Hi Joy,

I'm not familiar with The Resurrection, but I read Anna Karenina a few years ago and I found it surprisingly Christ-centered. However I have my doubts that Tolstoy himself was ever saved. I've read biographical sketches of him and there seemed to be a lot of sin in his life; yet he seemed to have a true understanding of the Gospel.

I'd say give it a try . . . useful insight can be gained from nearly every book you read.

Jennifer

My mom read a book called, The Russians' Secret, and it appeared that Tolstoy did have a real walk with the Lord. I think he wrote several "religious" things before he became a Christian, but then he did come to Christ.

Jordan

2007/8/11 11:44Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Thanks for asking about this. I was thinking the same thing when I seen it in my e-mail box.

2007/8/11 12:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy