SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New ARTICLES section at SermonIndex

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 New ARTICLES section at SermonIndex

I am very pleased to announce an NEW section at SermonIndex! I have been working in conjunction with www.crossmap.com for a few weeks on preparing an engine that would house 10'000's of text sermons, articles, poems, letters and other spiritual writings from the past.

The section is LIVE right now you can visit it by clicking on the 'articles' link in the main menu or by clicking here below:

www.sermonindex.net/text/

I would love your feeback and suggestions. There are currently over 900 articles and 112 speakers listed. I am hoping to be adding many more by Gods grace and I appreciate your prayers to go up to God as these section of the site matures and fills up with more content. I would love to hear suggested speakers also.

2004/5/4 22:29Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: New ARTICLES section at SermonIndex

Greg,

What a great addition to this site! Looks like some great stuff there, I'm going to dig into some of the Andrew Murray articles first, he has some great ministry.

I have a number of excellent articles in digital format from T.A. Sparks' magazine 'A Witness and A Testimony". If you would like I can send them you via email.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/5/6 15:15Profile
moreofHim

Re: article index

Yes, thanks Greg! I have already started on some of the Andrew Murray articles too. It's great for someone who wants to read up on a subject or an author but doesn't want to read a whole book(because we are already reading 5 books at a time :)

In Him, chanin

2004/5/6 16:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yes, thanks Greg! I have already started on some of the Andrew Murray articles too. It's great for someone who wants to read up on a subject or an author but doesn't want to read a whole book(because we are already reading 5 books at a time :)

Thank you Chanin. I am so exciting working on this section of the site. I am praying and hoping I can build up the database of text articles to 25-50k in the precedding months with help from others. I have been copying public domain articles from many websites trying to get everything in once place. If anyone is interested in spending a good amount of time helping in this project please let me know. If you are to help it would require you to research and find 100+ articles for one speaker in which you would cut and paste the title and the body text (unformatted) into the body textbox, choose the preacher and then press upload. So its quite a simple process to add them but just will take awhile to cut and paste each one in.. kinda boring at times also :-P

If you are interested and feel led to help please email me and I will give your more details of what is required and access possibly to the admin section where you can add articles.

Thanks Ron for the offer, I am actually getting up right now over 100+ articles by T. Austin Sparks: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/text/preacher.php?preacher=37]T. Austin-Sparks[/url]

I should be done in a little while and if there are articles you have that are not up there let me know.

---

My hope and prayer is to get this database full of great articles that will benefit the body of Christ, even make it the LARGEST database of text articles on the web for Christian speakers, then I want to make it open-source and offer it for FREE to other christian websites. I praise God for the opportunity to allow His word to go forth across the web! Please pray for this project on SermonIndex, this needs to be fueled with prayer.

2004/5/6 16:48Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I would love to see some articles by some of the mystics, like: Guyon, FENNELON (one of my favorites), Asissi, Thomas A'Kempis, M. Molinos.

I know, I know- if I want em, I've got to find/add them for you. :-D

Just some suggestions. I am giving some serious thought to putting in some time and helping you research/add a few.

In between making breakfast, lunch, dinner, taking the kids to school, helping them with this and that, refereeing their quarrels, laundry, cleaning the bathrooms,
ect.................... I may just have some free time. :-D

Just kidding. I find time to be on here, don't I?

In Him, chanin

2004/5/6 22:51Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would love to see some articles by some of the mystics, like: Guyon, FENNELON (one of my favorites), Asissi, Thomas A'Kempis, M. Molinos.

Yes I think to have alot of the classic christians from the past would be a good balance to alot of the preachers I have up already. I already have a few people working on adding articles and I am glad you want to help out also. I really feel that this can become one of the largest resources for edifying classic christian articles on the web. I am first trying to fill up all the speakers I have up all 112. Then from there I will be open to any suggestions of speakers to add. If you are very serious about spending some time adding articles then please email me and I will provide you the information you need. It's quite simple actually :-P

2004/5/6 23:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy