SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

CJaKfOrEsT wrote:
Quote:

sscr01 wrote:
The denominational system, was never God's plan, but, man's carnal attempt to control the Gospel with his various traditions. The Scripture refers to this Catholic/Protestant religious system, as the "Mother of harlots." Rev 17.

As one who is without denominational affiliation, may I ask where you would have us flee to? This is a practical question, based on the fact that many of the house churches that I have encountered are just as much (if not more) institutionalised than those with a building and a logo on the door.

Perhaps a better question to ask would be what is it about the denominational church that makes it the "Mother of Harlots"? Could the thing that we are missing be the "hiddenness" of the true church? Every group wrestles with the temptation to assert itself as the "remnant", saying that everyone else is at best "second class" or at worst "apostate".

Shouldn't church be about "peers being amongst peers" with each having their own specific function? What if we were to look [b]for[/b] the church [b]within[/b] the "church". Across every denomination I have met both true and false believers, who have varied greatly in the level and methods of objections against the official stances. Some amongst those that I would consider to be true have been ordained, and others have not, but both pretty much ignore this ordination, seeing it only as a tool serving a purpose, rather than the basis of asserting their own authority.

I agree, in part, with the earlier statement about the coming out not necessarily being physical. I personally spent two or three years as a "missionary to the institutional church", after I began to realise what real church is about. My physical departure only occurred because of functional issues, rather than doctrinal.

Now our small fellowship is struggling with the issue of temptation to focus on what's wrong with the church, rather than just getting on with it. When people leave the denominational structure it is common to be highly critical of what they left, in similar ways to how people demonise ex-boy/girlfriends after they break up with them.

It would be wise to be mindful of the parable of the "wheat and the tares" when wading into such and issue.

We are gathered together unto Him

We are those who seek to follow the Lamb wherever He goes

We are those liberated in spirit, not to be "church-hoppers" but to "go in and out and find pasture" (John 10 - the word "find" means to come upon, happen upon) - even upon the barren mountains and desert places of the soul.

We are loyal to where He places us, whether in church, or nation, or home or relationships, but we are not part of that Babylonian system any more.

"Let he who has ears to hear, let him hear"

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/8/11 4:51
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

in my life, i am presently at the same institutionalized system that i grew up in. the difference is because of what God has done in me, i see what God's true church is (us believers) and what it is not (buildings, denominations, etc). this has given me freedom because i am not bound or limited by what "church" or demonination that i am a part of, but rather to seek to love, edify, rebuke, and encourage the true church. now fellowship is not limited to a day (sunday) or time (10:00 am) or place (in a building), but true fellowship in Christ happens all day and in any place where the believers are (in a house, park, store, on the street, etc).

since He has revealed to me what His church is, i am no longer bound by man's religion or man's systems. i don't care about programs, fads, and everything else that will be burned with the fire and found to be wood, hay, and stubble. i only care about Jesus the head, His church the body, and reaching others with the gospel of Christ. that is all that really matters.

in light of Christ, all other things just simply fade away.

2007/8/11 9:57Profile

Re: "COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE"

If any would find ourselves in of a church body that all has the same mind and one accord these days,I don't think we will find it all in the same physical location and if we did we would see instant revival in that unity.

When we look for the perfect church body of believers, as soon as we ourselves would be united there then would it be, at least through my eyes concerning myself. We should ask ourself the question if everyone in the body had the same heart as we did, what kind of church would that be?
However if one is for us to serve in a local body effectively and earnestly contending for the faith once delivered to the saints there will be a great need for each of us to honestly be able to say Amen and be in agreement to a large percentage of what is exactly taught (doctrine)within the local body (church)in Bible Study,in what comes from the mouth of the prophet (preacher) in the pulpit. If one is filled with HIS SPIRIT there will be an unction to expose error when discovered. There is need for that to be done in love and respect in which I need much improvement.

I would ask the question not a statement, but is the harlot spoken about in the scriptures, is it the body that could be described as a group that everyone just content to serve and be a member and a part of even when they disagree and can plaining see false teaching?

One of the elements in the local body serving with others is called fellowship.

Question, Will we see the true harlot in full form when the UN controls the world and sets up the world church and it's doctrine? Have we only seen a small variation of the harlot as of now? Until then it is up to each of us to speak HIS TRUTH as the HOLY SPIRIT has revealed it to us with much fear and trembling and with no regard to our physical body.

It was the call in the early church and is now,the same call to HIS people, to be set apart, what ever the time and place may be.

Do we hear the drum roll of this event even now as we speak and do we hear the call of that harlot to be being religiously tolerant of error? I do not believe it our call to say how long before the birth of this event. Have we given sin a watered down names recently. What group is guilty of giving those watered down names? Have we labeled true christians as Pharisees, politically motivated,and accused them of having a holier than thou attitude.

Is there anyone who have lived, since they were saved, such a holy enough life, as to be pleasing to the Lord, and if there be any boasting, who would that boasting be about? We should be able to boast and when we do, it only be in HIM. Do we have a need to examine ourselves to see if this want-to at least for holiness exists in ourselves and do we recognize it is HIS SPIRIT within us that gives us the want-to in an effort to live a more pleasing life to HIM? DO others see that through Jesus's blood we have been given a different want-to than we once had to make us a witness?

Are we more or less effective in reaching the lost with HIS gospel with eticing words of wisdom or just speaking from the heart of HIS WORD that is hidden therein from our want-to?

2007/8/11 14:24
sscr01

Re:

I have demonstrated in my posts, "Daniel, Revelation & World History Reveal The Antichrist," and "Revelation 13:11 - Protestant America," that, the "Mother of harlots," will be the system, used by The Antichrist.

If they are not archived on this site, they can be found on many others, including, www.prophecytalk.com. (I use "Herald," on most sites.)

Peter, "lovingly," counseled Jesus, that, He did not need to go to the cross. Jesus looked at him, and said, "Get thee behind me, Satan!"

When James and John thought, that, they would follow (denominational?) precedent, they wanted to call fire down from heaven (as Elijah had done) upon the Samaritans. Jesus looked at them and said, "Ye know not what spirit you are of!"

These disciples were with Jesus 24/7, but, when they trusted in their own understanding, they were used by Satan, who was trying to thwart the plan of God.

When Jesus said, that, one of them would betray Him, none of them knew who it was. Judas arose from within the ranks.

The greatest deception, is that, which, is the closest to the Truth.

The fourth commandment, contains, the three components of a seal: #1 His name, #2 His authority, #3 His domain. The fourth commandment is the SEAL of the Covenant.

So, what is the MARK of the Beast?

The "Little Horn," (Antichrist) "...thinks to change times and laws." Dan 7:25.

The Sabbath was "changed" to Sunday, at the Council of Laodicea, 364 A.D. He, only, "thinks to change," because, no man/institution can over-rule our Creator and change His law.

The, only, commandment in the Covenant (Deut 4:13), dealing with time and law, is the fourth, concerning the seventh day Sabbath.

"Question.-Have you any other way of proving that the church has power to institute festivals of precept?"

"Answer.- Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her,-she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority." - Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism, p. 174.

"Of course the Catholic Church claims the change was her act...and the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Thomas, H.F., Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath.

"It's (Sunday's change for Saturday) the MARK of our authority to OVER-RULE God's law." Father Enright, C.S.S.R., President of Redemptorist College, History of the Sabbath, page 802.

"Sunday is our MARK of authority...The Church is ABOVE THE BIBLE, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, Sept. 1, 1923.

"The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, 'No! by my DIVINE power, I ABOLISH THE SABBATH DAY, and COMMAND YOU to keep holy the first day of the week. And, lo! The entire civilized world, BOWS DOWN in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church." Father Enright.

(Emphasis added)

A mark in the forehead, symbolizes worship. A mark in the hand, symbolizes service.

Constantine instituted the first Sunday law in 321 A.D. Constantine, a Christian? He was a sun worshipper. He had his brother-in-law, wife and eldest son murdered. He had a vision of the cross of Mithra (sun god), and heard a voice saying, "In this sign, conquer..."

Jesus never used the state to further the Kingdom of God. He said, that, His kingdom was not of this world, or else His servants would fight. He taught us to fight spiritual warfare for the souls of men.

In Revelation 17, a woman rides the Beast. Vatican City, has long used states to further her agenda. She is a country unto herself. That is why, nations send ambassadors to the city.

Many Protestants in America, think, that, they can use the state to get this nation back to God. They are making the same error.

The Lord wins hearts, and the rest follows.

Pope John Paul 11, Pat Robertson, and Jerry Falwell have called for re-instituting the Sunday, or, "Blue Laws." They are, still, on the books in 26 states. In Virginia, the third infraction meant death!

Does this sound far-fetched? How about a tree in the garden of Eden, determining the fate of all mankind?

Just as in the garden, it is a question of allegiance.

Is your allegiance to the "Mother of harlots"?

Or, is your allegiance to our Creator: Jesus (John 1:3), who sanctified and blessed the seventh day Sabbath at Creation.

He never changed, or, abolished it.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities (lawlessness); who healeth all thy diseases...As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed out transgressions (of the law) from us...TO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT, and to those that REMEMBER his commandments to do them." Ps 103.

Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15.

He is, only, Lord to those who obey Him.

2007/8/11 16:14Profile

Re: reply to Moe, part 1

Hi Moe

Your last post was very interesting.

I roughed out some comments, but they are too long for one message - folks get tired of reading!

You said:

Quote:
If any would find ourselves in of a church body that all has the same mind and one accord these days, I don't think we will find it all in the same physical location and if we did we would see instant revival in that unity.

You are right, it won’t be in any one location. For those who are “called out of Babylon” are scattered here and there throughout the world. The fellowship is in the Spirit, independent of geography.

Jeremiah 3:14 (perhaps slightly out of context, but I believe it applies to the present matter too)

[i][color=990000] 14 Return, O faithless children, says the Lord;
for I am your master;
I will take you, [u]one from a city and two from a family[/u],
and I will bring you to Zion.
[/color][/i]

It’s like the “7,000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal”. Elijah didn’t know of their existence until the Lord told him. He thought he was the only faithful one left!

Jezebel ruled the land, because she ruled her husband the king.
Jezebel is a “type” of the “Harlot” of Revelation. There is no record that she committed adultery against her husband, but her [i]spiritual[/i] harlotry was on a massive scale.

Revelation 2:

[i][color=990000]18 “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.
19 “‘I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first. 20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and beguiling my servants to practice immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. 21 I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her immorality. 22 Behold, I will throw her on a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her doings; 23 and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches shall know that I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you as your works deserve.[/color][/i]

But even in that unfaithful church there were those who had not bowed down to false gods.

[i][color=990000]24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call the deep things of Satan, to you I say, I do not lay upon you any other burden; 25 only hold fast what you have, until I come. 26 He who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, I will give him power over the nations, 27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received power from my Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star. 29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’[/color][/i]

Always the Promise is to “He who overcomes”

I believe that the visible church – of whatever grouping or denomination - is going to be drawn into “Babylon” in the end.

In Him

Jeannette

2007/8/11 16:37

Re: Reply to Moe, part 2

Quote:
When we look for the perfect church body of believers, as soon as we ourselves would be united there then would it be, at least through my eyes concerning myself. We should ask ourself the question if everyone in the body had the same heart as we did, what kind of church would that be?

Personally I wouldn’t ask that question. Why look for a “perfect church” when we are called to be “gathered together unto HIM”? All who are so gathered will be one in Christ, no matter what the flaws of the local church.

The tares grow amongst the wheat until the Harvest – let them grow.

[i][color=990000]“Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.” [/color][/i](Luke 9:60)

Quote:
However if one is for us to serve in a local body effectively and earnestly contending for the faith once delivered to the saints there will be a great need for each of us to honestly be able to say Amen and be in agreement to a large percentage of what is exactly taught (doctrine)within the local body (church)in Bible Study,in what comes from the mouth of the prophet (preacher) in the pulpit. If one is filled with HIS SPIRIT there will be an unction to expose error when discovered. There is need for that to be done in love and respect in which I need much improvement.

Perhaps so. But, being in such a church, where there are various errors, (though the basics are mostly still believed and taught) I found that it isn’t always quite like that. The Lord more often [i]stops[/i] me saying anything, and it’s only rarely that He allows me to speak against error.
It seems that my work in this church at this time is simply to “BE”.

Of course, that may not be the same in every case. And there is need of boldness to speak Truth where needed.

Quote:
I would ask the question not a statement, but is the harlot spoken about in the scriptures, is it the body that could be described as a group that everyone just content to serve and be a member and a part of even when they disagree and can plainly see false teaching?

Personally I am not at all content with the status quo. It seems I’m there as His servant and as a “silent witness” most of the time. The Lord has shown me some things about the church and where it’s at, but usually He doesn’t give permission to do anything except “watch and pray”. It’s a kind of waiting game at the moment, apparently.

Quote:
Question, Will we see the true harlot in full form when the UN controls the world and sets up the world church and it's doctrine?

Maybe

Quote:
Have we only seen a small variation of the harlot as of now?

Yes

Quote:
Until then it is up to each of us to speak HIS TRUTH as the HOLY SPIRIT has revealed it to us with much fear and trembling and with no regard to our physical body.

Yes, but some kinds of speech aren’t in words. Ezekiel has been mentioned, in another thread I think. Much of the time he was dumb, and acted out his prophecies. But sometimes the Lord allowed him to speak words as well.

I wonder if his silent sermons were even more effective at the time than his spoken ones!

I used to think that if the Lord showed me something re the local church, or for an individual, then I had to immediately speak it, but often we have to wait His time. Or sometimes the Lord reveals things so we might pray about them only.

Although we should also be ready to act and/or speak if He so directs.

Quote:
It was the call in the early church and is now, the same call to HIS people, to be set apart, what ever the time and place may be.

Do we hear the drum roll of this event even now as we speak and do we hear the call of that harlot to be being religiously tolerant of error?

Yes.

Jeremiah 4:
[i][color=990000]19 My anguish, my anguish! I writhe in pain!
Oh, the walls of my heart!
My heart is beating wildly;
I cannot keep silent;
for I hear the sound of the trumpet,
the alarm of war. 20 Disaster follows hard on disaster,
the whole land is laid waste.
Suddenly my tents are destroyed,
my curtains in a moment. 21 How long must I see the standard,
and hear the sound of the trumpet? 22 “For my people are foolish,
they know me not;
they are stupid children,
they have no understanding.
They are skilled in doing evil,
but how to do good they know not.”[/color]

In Him

Jeannette

2007/8/11 16:47

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
in my life, i am presently at the same institutionalized system that i grew up in. the difference is because of what God has done in me, i see what God's true church is (us believers) and what it is not (buildings, denominations, etc). this has given me freedom because i am not bound or limited by what "church" or demonination that i am a part of, but rather to seek to love, edify, rebuke, and encourage the true church. now fellowship is not limited to a day (sunday) or time (10:00 am) or place (in a building), but true fellowship in Christ happens all day and in any place where the believers are (in a house, park, store, on the street, etc).

since He has revealed to me what His church is, i am no longer bound by man's religion or man's systems. i don't care about programs, fads, and everything else that will be burned with the fire and found to be wood, hay, and stubble. i only care about Jesus the head, His church the body, and reaching others with the gospel of Christ. that is all that really matters.

in light of Christ, all other things just simply fade away.

AMEN!!!

2007/8/11 16:48

Re:

Personally I wouldn’t ask that question. Why look for a “perfect church” when we are called to be “gathered together unto HIM”? All who are so gathered will be one in Christ, no matter what the flaws of the local church.

The tares grow amongst the wheat until the Harvest – let them grow.

moe_mac wrote:
The point was in the post was for me to examine myself, not others. I think each one of us need to ask ourselves thus the point and evidently it was the femble attempt I made to convey that.
Of course, if I were in church leadership, then it would be ny responsibility to look at others and urge them through scripture with love if their need of restoration in the church body.
Yes, it is always best to wait until he gives us the words to speak. And yes at times, at least myself, I speak in the flesh ,although I strive not to.

2007/8/13 16:22

Re:

I just finished an A.W. Tozer marathon and he mentioned a few interesting points:

1. God is completely self-sufficient and cannot be any more or less fulfilled by any man, groups of men or our sects;

2. When a man or group fail to follow God He can and does move on to others that will;

3. God didn't send Pentacost to bring all believers together, He sent Pentacost after all believers were gathered in one place and were of one accord.

I'm not sure how this applies to this thread, but I think it does.

2007/8/13 17:01

Re:

cory wrote:
I just finished an A.W. Tozer marathon and he mentioned a few interesting points:

1. God is completely self-sufficient and cannot be any more or less fulfilled by any man, groups of men or our sects;

2. When a man or group fail to follow God He can and does move on to others that will;

3. God didn't send Pentacost to bring all believers together, He sent Pentacost after all believers were gathered in one place and were of one accord.

I'm not sure how this applies to this thread, but I think it does.

moe_mac
I haven't listened to Tozer and one would only have to look as far as Acts to see that one accord is a must for HIS SPIRIT to fall.

The problem with that is: getting everyone in one accord. In order to be in one accord, HIS ACCORD, we would have get past the things we want, do the things that HE wants and that requires doing things HIS way and not fitting the culture. There are any many things people aren't willing to give up or accept HIS WAYS because of not wanting to die to self and submit to HIS AUTHORITY, but continue to do it as we have always heard it and always done it.

2007/8/13 21:34

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy