SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good material to work through with Bible Class

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rickbrown

N.Ireland

Good material to work through with Bible Class

Hi and hello to everyone (1st post!)

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good group bible study book or something similar as I have the privilege of taking the church's Bible class (ages 14-16) - only are ab out 6 or 7 of them but the world is starting to grab them and they lack deep teaching as is found on this very site. Any pointers?

Many thanks

Richard :-)

2007/8/10 9:38Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Good material to work through with Bible Class

Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby is good
http://www.amazon.com/Experiencing-God-Knowing-Doing-Workbook/dp/0805499547

Survival Kit (1 and 2) by Ralph Neighbour Jr. are good
http://www.lifewaystores.com/lwstore/product.asp?ISBN=0805497706

If your kids are smart(ish), you could also have them read through Pilgrim's Progress. A great book to study through with a group is also JI Packer's Knowing God (they have a workbook for this one).

2007/8/10 9:55Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Here is something from Grace & Truth books that you may find helpful, I use these with my children at home. The book is an excellent tool for memorizing Bible verses and hymns, and includes a catechism.

[url=http://www.graceandtruthbooks.com/listdetails.asp?ID=1614&RP=/catechisms/]Grace & Truth Books[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2007/8/10 9:58Profile
Rickbrown

N.Ireland

Good material

I'll give some of hose a look - Thanks for the help. By the way I'm in N.Ireland (UK) so I hope they are available here (or have cheap shipping!)

2007/8/10 10:22Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Good material

I would also strongly recommend 'Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret' which is a very good book -as it's easy to read, and has a lot to offer the reader as far as insight into a life sold out for Jesus -and it's cheap.

2007/8/10 10:36Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

I would suggest the Gospel of John.

It is a great starting place for new and younger Christians. After your own preparations through prayer, study, and mediation you can consult a few choice commentaries for further insight. This will also serve to introduce the youngsters to true Bible study.

You may want to start with a questionnaire to gather some basic info about you students. You may be surprised about their spiritual condition, whether it be high or low. After spending sometime with them you will be able to formulate questions and discussion topics tailored to their needs.

I pray this will be a great blessing to you as well as the children.

Grace and Peace

2007/8/10 11:06Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

I agree with TJ. You may want to consider just using the Bible. I prefer and know several other people who prefer just studying the Bible and being taught right out of it. That's not to knock other books and studies, I just get more from straight Bible teaching.

Jordan

2007/8/10 13:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
You may want to consider just using the Bible. I prefer and know several other people who prefer just studying the Bible and being taught right out of it.

Amen and Amen! Inevitably, when you used other writings at some point you will find yourself debating that sourse, something you should not do with the scriptures.

Have you considered using the Inductive Method of Bible Study? King Jimmy has a thread on here discussing this subject..you may find that useful.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/8/10 22:47Profile
Rickbrown

N.Ireland

Re:

I agree with what you say.

Was just on the look out for a good group resource but had it in my heart just to teach them from passages that challenge me. The words of Jesus was a theme I had considered.

I'll give the Inductive method a look too to see what I think. Never heard of it before.

I appreciate the words of wisdom shared. :-)

God bless you all

2007/8/13 4:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy