SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Matthew 24 Watch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

The Deceit of Unholy Alliances; an African Perspective
By Kato Mivule
February 28 2005 | Updated March 20, 2005

I wrote an article recently about some deception flowing from the Western Church to the whole Christian world packaged as truth in Prosperity, Left Behind, Purpose driven, and Church Growth Movement gospel. The intent of this article is to continue casting light on these matters as some of that material and deceit is already spreading quickly in Uganda and other parts of Africa. I deal with the unholy alliances--harlotry, whoredom and spiritual adultery practiced in the Laodicean church of America and sadly being spread to many parts of the Christian world under the guise of Church Dominionism gospel.
The Laodicean Church in America is holding to a false belief that God has called His people to extend Christian rule in all spheres of government and life, so as to have a Christian society or nation. This deception stems from dominionism theology, a belief that Christians should be rulers of all spheres of life in this present age. History is a witness that this kind of religious lunacy produced the likes of Emperor Constantine, the Crusaders, Hitler and all other tyrants who used religion and Christianity in particular to foster imperialism, fascism and all other despicable social sins always hiding behind the name of Jesus Christ.
The Deceit of Unholy Alliances; an African Perspective
By Kato Mivule
February 28 2005 | Updated March 20, 2005

Yes, as this Dominionism Theology takes hold of the world and our country, you can be sure LOVE will wax cold. As Kato Mivule so wonderfully states in his article.

Dominion Theology began in this country with Calvinism. In the Book, The Light and the Glory, Peter Marshall suggests that America is the NEW Promised Land and America is God’s NEW Chosen People….therefore claiming all the EARTHLY promises to Israel, this we have the beginning of the first Prosperity Gospel …Commerce.

Now we have those who continue to carry a message out of Matthew 24, a message to APOSTATE Jews, who rejected Jesus Christ, and apply it to a REMNANT Church???!!??

I’ve never heard of a “Remnant Church” or that the Church was a Remnant of anything. Paul, Peter, James, John etc never once use the term “Remnant Church”. Once again the Idea that the Church is now taken the place of the wrath and finished business He plans to deal with Israel. A remnant is that which is left over from the Original peace. Those original promises to Israel of KING was also fortold in the OT. There were 2 Comings, one of King and one of Redeemer. Redeemer comes before Kingship.

Consider Romans 11...yes, Israel is still called God’s Elect and the believing Remnant WILL be saved.

In our Country’s interest in giving back the Land to the Palestinians, drawing s timeline of when those in certain areas had to leave their homes, and give them over is nothing more than a Hitler move to say the least.

Added for content:

[b][color=CC0000]Isaiah 65:19And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

20There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

24And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

25The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

[/color][/b]

As we continue to neglect the promises to Israel, and their future, claiming those promises to the Church or that America is now God’s New Chosen People who decide this or that will be OUR ultimate downfall.

Watch! For The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold

(11) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
(12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
(13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Love will wax cold because of Israel and those faithful to the scriptures concerning Israel. Jesus warned the Jews this will happen. Israel is exorted to wait for the Messiah, and not believe anyone who comes in His name. Those will be horrible times for Daniel's 70th week. Endure they must!

Thank you for Listening

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

PS Added for content:

Dominion Theology/Kingdom Now/Reconstructionism - Blessing o...
Dominion theology (the belief-system behind the Reconstructionist movement) .... (d) A theological anti-Semitism exists in the Dominionist plan to replace ...
www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/cor/domi... - 18k - Similar pages
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/cor/dominion.htm
DOMINION THEOLOGY
Historically Dominion Theology emerges whenever the Christian Church enters into ..... Anti-Semitism was seen in the former nationalist movements of other ...
endtimepilgrim.org/dom.htm - 62k - Similar pages
http://endtimepilgrim.org/dom.htm
Dominionism & Dominion Theology: Laying the Theological Basi...
Also known as Dominionism, Dominion Theology teaches that all of humanity ... in that they also tend to be white supremacists, are virulently anti-Semitic, ...
atheism.about.com/od/christianismnationalism/p/D... - 32k - Similar pages
http://atheism.about.com/od/christianismnationalism/p/Dominionism.htm
Adolf Hitler & Christian Nationalism: Nazis’ Progr...
Christian Reconstructionism & Dominion Theology ... Anti-Semitism was an important aspect of the Nazi state, but the Nazis didn’t invent it; instead, ...
atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigerma... - 32k - Similar pages
http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/p/NaziChristian.htm
Daily Kos: A history of Dominion/"Kingdom Now"/Restoration T...
In fact, "name it and claim it" is an extension of dominion theology, or rather, .... "According to the racist and anti-Semitic "two seed" theory, ...
www.dailykos.com/story/2006/10/5/10504/2835 - 110k - Similar pages
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/10/5/10504/2835
anti-semitism, reconstructionist, church is israel, apostacy
These characteristics feed into and from the anti-semitic past of the Church. ...... "Dominion Theology: Blessing or Curse?" - H Wayne House/Thomas Ice; ...
www.aquatechnology.net/RESURGENCE.html - 90k - Similar pages
http://www.aquatechnology.net/RESURGENCE.html
Olive Tree Ministries - prophetic signs, current issues, and...
The New Anti-Semitism--Pipes -- February, 2005 Dominion Theology and Anti-Semitism--Ice -- January, 2005 Enlightened Europe Has Jew-Hatred Out of ...
www.olivetreeviews.org/topics/anti_semitism.shtm... - 22k - Similar pages
http://www.olivetreeviews.org/topics/anti_semitism.shtml
"Kingdom Now and Dominion Theology" « Spiritual Pathways Min...
Dominion theology or Kingdom Now believes that the believer now has dominion ... of the Prosperity Gospel and also, surprisingly, holds with anti-semitism. ...
spm100.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/kingdom-now-and-... - 45k - Similar pages
http://spm100.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/kingdom-now-and-dominion-theology/
Replacement Theology
... the dogma that causes and engenders Anti-Semitic view often prospers because it ... The Major Issues of Contemporary Replacement or Dominion Theology ...
www.shoaheducation.com/dominion.html - 5k - Similar pages
http://www.shoaheducation.com/dominion.html
Dispensationalism in Transition Vol. VI, No. 2
Thomas Ice, "Hal Lindsey, Dominion Theology, and Anti-Semitism," Biblical Perspectives,5:1 (Jan-Feb., 1992) p. 2. 5. Rose Z. Smith, "(An Anti-Christian View ...
reformed-theology.org/html/dit_vi-no2.htm - 19k - Similar pages
http://reformed-theology.org/html/dit_vi-no2.htm

2007/9/9 11:05

Re:

Hi Katy-did, I've viewed many of LittleGift's posts in my searches and found her on a thread on Israel defending the side that you and I would take.

Also, on eschatology, I see we take the same view of anti-dominianism and pro-pre-millenial reign.

Now away from that - I personally would like to ask - if you wouldn't mind - are you a Pre-Mid or Post Tribulation Resurrection believer ?

Not for dialogue on the issue, just so that I may follow you easier.
Most all of what you posted I agree with, but got tied up on a mention about Matt 24 just being for the Jews.

I think a few of us are feeling the tension because of all of the debate going on presently elsewhere on Board and all but fear to ask questions or start another doctrine war, so that is why I'm posting these verses here below.

I don't worry about what people believe until it may somehow cause them to not be saved. Such as, messed up Christology for one.
I know people from every eschatological view there is, but I could not say they aren't saved, so rather than argue with each other, we put love first - like that post earlier.
The Church at Ephesus had all their doctrines straight, but they lost their Love.
With apologetics, that is where the need to guard the heart most may be, in how we treat one another and if we can give a gentle answer.

Thanks for understanding my question and my heart in this.

Jas 3:17,18 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Bless you!

2007/9/9 17:02

Re:

Jeannette,

I do want to apologize for our misunderstanding.

Sometimes it's difficult when just reading words to know the tone ahd heart of the comments.

I do see you are Pro- Israel.

Please accept my apology as you are a Dear Sweet Little Lamb.

Sincerely with Love
Katy-did

2007/9/9 17:06

Re:

Oh this is great - thank you both.
Praise our Lord.
Glory to The Lamb.
Bless all His Lambs. :-D

2007/9/9 17:13

Re:

Hello He_ Reigns,

Well, first let me say, that Matthew 24 is most certainly concerning Jews, just prior to and leading into the 1000 Year Kingdom Reign. If the Church still believes itself to be here, these believers are POST or maybe believe they will be up and back in a split second to reign and rule with Christ.

Those going into the Kingdom Reign will not be saying as does the Church...I am Crucified with Christ.

If you look at all of Matthew, it is Kingdom Reign teachings, or LAW...certainly not the Grace the Church is in a the moment. The Church is composed of ONE NEW MAN...neither Jew or Gentile, but a New Creation. This was Paul's hearts desire that WE, the Church, know the hope of OUR Calling. Those going into the Millennial Reign are going to be flesh and blood Jews and Gentiles...****not the ONE NEW MAN--the CHURCH who is going to reign and rule with Christ.

Knowing and understanding this puts Matthew 24 along with 23 into perspective. Also in Matthew are the Judgment of Nations and Judgment of the Sheep and Goats....again NOT THE CHURCH. This Judgment will be those who are left here during this tribulation period and how they treat the Jews.

NOW, with that said, How interesting the Church is called in Colossians 2 " The Mystery of God". There are only two instances in scripture the words "Mystery of God" is used. The Mystery of coarse is the CHURCH, Christ in you, the Hope of GLORY,.... not the hope of the Millennial Reign, however we will be with Christ during that time IN OUR GLORIFIED BODIES. Many scripture, also in Thessalonians/ Revelation 14, state we will return WITH HIM. So then, we must first be with Him to return with Him.

Now, the other place in scripture "The Mystery of God" is Revelation 10:7...The Mystery of God is complete. Immediately afterward the KINGDOM REIGN is announced (but only announced...not yet set up, as many things have to first take place one being the total annihilation of Gentile world power, Mystery Babylon).This makes sense because there cannot be two testimonies on earth at the same time...one for the Kingdom...being restored to Israel (earthly) and one for the Church (a heavenly calling).
It is also at the seven or last TRUMP, as the sound of the Angels leading up to that are the seven Trumpets of Judgment...not WRATH, which are the Bowls that do certainly come later.

This too is in keeping with (1st Corinthians 15...at the LAST Trump, and another place I believe Thessalonians, about the Trump will sound and WE, The Church will meet the Lord in the Clouds.

Peter makes an interesting statement....Judgment begins in the House of the Lord...and what will be the end of those ..etc. etc.

The 7 trumpets are the Judgments. But are the Judgements those of Matthew 24. I don't believe they are. I believe Matthew 24 comes later in the plan...when the Jews take flight in the dessert, prior to Armageddon. (Pray your flight is not on the Sabbath) Will the Church be here then...I don't believe we will. Are we called to take flight...NO!

I do find in Rev 3, when the Lord says, Come up here, that the remainder of John's prophecy is from Heaven looking down, and not John looking up.

Well, there you have it. You know I don't believe in POST, and not totally convinced on pre.

But with many books written and much money made, who wants to hear out or even consider another option.??

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/9/9 17:48

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Jeannette,

I do want to apologize for our misunderstanding.

Sometimes it's difficult when just reading words to know the tone ahd heart of the comments.

I do see you are Pro- Israel.

Please accept my apology as you are a Dear Sweet Little Lamb.

Sincerely with Love
Katy-did

Thank you Katy :-D :-D:-D

I wonder if part of the misunderstanding re Israel is because I have, in recent years, learned to look at Scripture in a non-linear way (as it was originally intended apparently) - in the Hebrew way instead of the Greek, "logical" way in which I was previously trained. This means I could easily have given the wrong impression on this subject.

There are often (so this way of looking at Scripture teaches) multiple applications of the same passage,and multiple fulfillments of the same prophecy (up until the ultimate, final fulfilment).

This may need further explantion, but bear with me for a moment...

The point I'm trying to make is that a comment that applies a passage such as Matthew 24 to the Church, [i][u]in no way[/u][/i] denies its relevance to Israel. So some parts of that passage could easily apply to both Israel and the Church in different ways.

Even though I firmly hold, as Paul said, and I have quoted here more than once, that it's "to the Jew FIRST".

Hope that makes sense?

I must read Matthew 24 again!

love in Him

Jeannette

2007/9/9 18:20

Re:

Thank you for your answer Katy-did.

Do you feel that the Saints will have to deal with the antichrist for a while ?

I'm just enjoying this thread.
Didn't make it to the Evening Service, so fellowshipping here has been a pleasant filler.

I like to see where we can walk on common ground. Debates come hard to me, so enjoying a thread like this has been enjoyable. I've enjoyed Kato since the other day too.
Bless you!

2007/9/9 18:22

Re:

Jeannette, I agree that all scripture is for use in Righteousness, and certainly the spiritual application of the Righteousness of God will apply in all of our lives. Even though we are not under Law, the Law is Righteous, and we are the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

I think Jews and Greeks THINK differently, and process and express themselves differently.

Saying many things the same,but in different ways.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/9/9 18:35

Re:

Hi Again He Reigns,

Quote:
Do you feel that the Saints will have to deal with the antichrist for a while ?

I believe Thessalonians 2 Ch. 2 says he will be revealed to us. and then he who hinders will be taken out of the way. (I don't know if he is referring the church, or the Holy Spirit that is now working through the Church, but the Holy Spirit with or without the Church will still be active during the Great Tribulation that has never been or ever will be again Matt 24.)

Reading Thessalonians 2 mentions the Day of the Lord. In the OT, the Day of the Lord is the day of His wrath. ,not to be confused with The Lords Day, of which John speaks of in Rev 1.

To what extent I don't know, but we certainly are seeing the falling away right before our eyes faster then a speeding bullet.

The anti-christ also is that who comes up against Israel, gathering his arrogant gentile world powers (Mystery Babylon) also refer to Isaiah 14.

Looking at the Church..we in Christ are a 7. Perfect in Christ 7
Perfect in his rest 7
Perfected in His Sanctification in and through us 7,

and looking at those who fall short - man 6.

666 is the total embodiment of man without Christ.
Rev speaks of those who overcome the Beast and sing the song of Moses.....Israel. Have you read the story of Moses and the song of Moses in the OT. Now look at Rev, and you will see many things in comparativeness to their journey out of Egypt.

Many of the Judgments sound like a replay of the Wrath, and I will admit I don't know if they are or not. One is called Judgments and the other Bowls of Wrath.

"Hurt not the wine or the Oil" could possible be the True Church washed in the Blood(wine) and filled with the Holy Spirit( Oil).

Also the 144,000 prior to Rev 10:7 could mean as Paul stated in Romans 11...there is a remnant, according to the election of Grace...could the 144,000 be those who have always been with the Church since the beginning of the Church Age, possibly 5-7000 in each generation making up this 144,000. Paul said, unless God had left a remnant, we would be as Sodom and Gomorrah. Just a thought. I don't know.

Anyway, the spirit of anti-christ had always been from the beginning...Balaam can testify to that!

The actual person who sits in the Temple as though he were God...seems to be according to 2 Thessalonians 2 something of a different nature, and the falling away leading up to. AND according to 2 Thessalonians 2, many will actually believe he is God, as they will be allowed to believe their delusions, because they received not the Gospel that they might be saved.

There will be wonderful peace for 3 1/2 years, a covenant of Hell made with Israel until he turns on them.

So if perchance we do happen to be here for what ever amount of time, it is imperative no matter what we are totally Loyal to Israel. Continuing to preach the Gospel, of which I'm sure we will be killed for,and our loyalty to Israel, those who are alive at that time, until we are taken out of the way.

Well, What do you think?

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/9/9 19:14

Re:

What do I think ? I think that's close enough for me.

You brought up my only concern and that is for those who believe we'll be gone before the antichrist is revealed.
And don't see the dangers and clear timing of 2Thess2 - Exactly Sis.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

That is the one portion of Scripture that matters the most at this juncture and you nailed it. "2Thess 2:10,11 .... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie" and as you know, from the preceding verses there, that "the lie" is believing the antichrist.

Whether we agree on who "he" is in - 2Th 2:7 "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way." and the rest, matters little to me.
I believe the Vials are the Wrath as stated in Rev 15:1,Rev 15:7, Rev 16:1, Rev 16:19.

I believe we are Resurrected at the 7th trump of Revelation or the last trump as Paul said and you quoted.
We meet Him "in the air" as He is descending/returning with those who died in Christ first - and from the air - we return to earth with HIM and He has the vials pouring out just as we are caught up to 'meet' Him in the air.
Some pre-wrath folks have Him coming twice - I see only One Coming. Rev. 20:4-6 speaks of the "First" Resurrection.
So, to label what I believe, I suppose we would say Post-Trib/Pre-Wrath.
This I am firm in - but not to the point where I force it on anyone.
Only those who feel they will not be here to see and need to resist the antichrist - are those I feel concern for.
Thank you Katy. I really did/do appreciate your answer. :-)

Addition: Just remembered - you gave a link to "endtimepilgrim". I agree very much toward his beliefs I'd say - especially on the restrainer.
Thank you!

2007/9/9 19:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy