SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Am I being rebellious?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
consecrateme

Texas

Am I being rebellious?

Brothers and Sisters,

I really need some godly counsel. Please bear with me because this is very difficult for me to bring across. I do not want to come across as judgemental or critical.

A producer from a well known tv program series contacted our Pastor. They want to tape one of our services to play it on one of their series.

I personally don't want to be part of this. I just cannot support this.So, i will not be attending this service. I deeply believe that God is not pleased. Please, please, please correct me if i am wrong. Am I being rebellious towards my Pastor by not supporting this?

thank you so much.c

c

2007/8/8 18:15Profile

Re: Am I being rebellious?

Hi

You don't say exactly [i]why[/i] you don't want to be part of this.

If you truly believe the Lord is saying you shouldn't go then you must obey God rather than man.

That isn't being judgemental but being obedient to God.

We have to show respect for earthly leaders, pastors or secular, but that doesn't mean they are always right, or that we can obey them if God is saying something different.

Love in Him

Jeannette

2007/8/8 18:23
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

I believe that the Lord is saying not to go. The producer wants our Pastor to baptize one of the characters and have an altar call where this character goes to the altar. But, i feel that this is all an act. And we just cannot try to act. Either is real or not. I don't believe that God will be truly glorified as the Holy, righteous God that He truly is.

2007/8/8 18:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
But, i feel that this is all an act. And we just cannot try to act. Either is real or not.

To me this is a serious concern....If God says 'no', obey Him. You will never go wrong doing so, but you will if you ignore His will.

BTW: did you know the word 'hypocrite' in the NT means actor? Think about that!

ginnyrose

2007/8/8 18:42Profile
Santana

Re:

I don't recall any Godly sit-coms last time I checked. There really only there to entertain us and to poke fun of EVERYTHING!!

2007/8/8 19:51Profile

consecrateme,

I would be most uncomfortable to be filmed worshipping God, as if this is a form of entertainment to the voyeur. It would be completely different if the people who want to know what goes on in church left their cameras outside, and came to seek God for themselves, and in so doing, see what a worshipper looks like.

Perhaps we should all pray for the person whose baptism is about to be made merchandise of?

Does the Pastor tell you all how much money this will make for the church?

2007/8/8 21:25

Off the cuff, I don't think you are being rebellious. Upon thinking about it, I have a serious concern that your pastor is willing to be part of this facade. This is why some of the world has ought against the church, because they feel it's set-up and staged. God have mercy.

Goodness, what a mess. But the Lord reigns! If the Lord is leading you to stay home, obey!!

2007/8/8 21:57
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I woulden't go if I were you, there have been NUMEROUS christians that have taken part in seemingly i9nnocent reality shows or documentaries, thinking that they could be a witness,in reality they are edited out of context and made of no effect.

Remember-Producers/directors are trying to portray their point of view, not Gods.
Matt 7:6- Give not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you

2007/8/8 22:44Profile

Quote:
A producer from a well known tv program series contacted our Pastor. They want to tape one of our services to play it on one of their series.

I can't tell you not to go, because it would be an unfair counsel not knowing what the details are, nevertheless, I don't believe you are being rebellious. I am sure you like your Pastor, its nothing against him, if you feel that the Holy Spirit is giving you this discernment then obey it. But do not willingly share your belief to others, you don't want to be an antagonist or start some sect, the last thing you want is to get other people gossiping.

2cor.6:14 "Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness."

Is this a secular show?

Don't sweat it!

Blessings
Reformer

2007/8/8 23:16
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

thank you all for your thoughts.
I stayed home with my children. Another sister felt the same way and also obeyed the Lord and stayed home.

thank you.

2007/8/9 8:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy