Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Moral Character = Intention

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Logic

Re:

Quote:
PreachParsly wrote:

I'm not real sure I follow you. Can you elaborate some? It seems like your making some logic statments (hence your name!) but I'm not able to follow.

The "law of sin" is defined in Rom 6:23.
[b]Eze 18:20[/b] [color=990000]The soul that sins, it shall die.[/color]

Spiritual death is that "other law in my members" from Rom 7:23.

Unsaved man is spiritualy dead, separated from the life of God.
Since there is no spiritual life in a unsaved man, one must yield to the flesh and its deires.
Its deires are opposed to Gods law and commands.

The Law(requirements of God) exist for the reason of making the inclination opposed to them to be evident and to be seen for what they truly are.
[b]It made [u]death[/u] to be evident in me by that which is good[/b]; In other words, the Law exist so that my inclinations would be evidenctly more wicked in contrast to the commands(specific requirements)[b]Rom 7:13[/b]

Therefore, in conclussion, spiritual death is my own fleshly desires that [u]make me inclined to oppose God[/u](bringing me into captivity to the law of sin), and the opposition is the "law of sin".

2007/8/10 11:52Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Therefore, in conclussion, spiritual death is my own fleshly desires that make me inclined to oppose God(bringing me into captivity to the law of sin), and the opposition is the "law of sin".

I think you might be saying that the "law of sin" is something that moves you towards sin. If so, I agree. But then again, I'm not really sure that is what you are saying. You said "spiritual death is my own fleshly desires that make me inclined to oppose God." Are you saying that we are spiritually dead if our flesh wants to oppose God?

2007/8/11 2:18Profile

Re:

I have very little time, as I'm on a preaching trip to Utah and we are about to go back out to do some open air, but I wanted to comment really quick.

Jesus taught that your intention (will) was your moral character when He said that to look with lust was adultery of the heart, and to hate is murder of the heart.

All sin is of the heart (will). What your will is, what your intention is, is what your moral character is. To will adultery is to be guilty of adultery. What you will is what you are guilty of. Your will determines your character because your will is your character.

2007/8/11 15:50

Re:

PS. Josh and Eli,

Paul was free from the law of sin because Paul no longer walked after the flesh. Being free from the law of sin does not mean that you are free from having flesh, but that you are no longer walking according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The law of sin that is in our body is cravings and desires, but to be free from that law is to no longer obey that law. You are free from sin, not when you are free from physical temptation, but when you no longer surrender to those temptations, thus a man with temptation is yet free from sin; a man with a fallen body with the law of sin in his body is yet free from the law of sin that is in his body.

2007/8/11 15:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy