· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Is the Prophetic Movement Revival in our day??!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Is the Prophetic Movement Revival in our day??!

Quote:

davidt wrote:
Is the Prophetic Movement Revival in our day

I believe they are pillars that are helping us move towards it.

2007/8/18 2:28
jdickson

Waterville, ME

Re:

just to address the issue of the cross in this "prophetic movement"
Ihop and Lou Engle, and Bill Johnson, Ptraicia king, etc...... have some of the most intense, revelatory messages concerning the cross, at IHOP in their school of ministry have an entire semester about the cross, These are cross loving people.

Concerning holiness, lou engle rick joyner, mike bickle, dutch sheets, and all these names that have been listed just gathered 80,000 people in tennessee to preach holiness and call massive fasting and repentence. Talking about hard preaching concerning the urgency of the hour for the pure and spotless bride to arise! Lou Engle and many of these leaders led 25,000 people through the streets of Nashville for a 3 mile silent repentence walk, and then I watched these men bearing their hearts and weeping before the Lord in their own failures, and repenting. thats not very self loving...

and you know when it comes to the use of lights and large gatherings, the internet, DVD's, and tv...
Im not saying I like it or take part in it, but they have quickened their ability to preach the gospel and train and equip the bride throughout the nations through media. why not? i bet you the apostles would have used it! geez whatever it takes to get out the gospel right? but if its flashy and not old testament im finding people on "SI" dont like it. sorry. but their reaching more people than you.

2007/8/18 7:57Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Many of you here have judged by talking about men in which you do not know their hearts.

If you were to slow down and read the responses of most of those who disagree with you, you would find their own explanations otherwise.

This is the crux of the matter and has always been so. It is a reverse accusation when things are made too personal and emotional, either of one's self or those in question.

No one is judging your heart but your statements.

Quote:
This website reeks with religion of word and no reality of supernatural reality.

That is an indictment and an accusation, if you are going to make it do not be surprised if you are challenged on it.

Quote:
I have no pride ...

Are you sure of that brother?

There was an earlier expression of concern and appreciation for those younger here. There is no reason to become offended or presume things personally, [i]you[/i] are not being attacked but are having your [u]statements[/u] questioned and for the most part that is what those who have a disagreement with the 'prophets' or those of this particular movement are also questioning.

That may not always come across very well and some of this I believe does push things a bit too far, to a point of provoking some of these responses. It makes it a challenge to all of us to both thwart presumption and guard against either taking or making things too personal.

2007/8/18 9:20Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Wallbuilder, welcome to the forums.

I wanted to ask you something about this statement that you made here...

"Until anyone here has results even 1/2 of that, there's nothing more to be said."

Brother, this statement seems very arrogant.

Brother, are you really in the place to make that statement?

Chris

2007/8/18 10:22Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Mike, how are you?

"Rick Joyner, Brian McClaren, and NT Wright have one thing in common...they are inventors."

The thought comes to mind how Nadab and Abihu tried to invent a new way to worship God...

"And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace." -Leviticus 10: 1-3

The context here is that God had just come down in glory and, in the heat of the moment, perhaps with much zeal and sincere desire to worship God, seeing what had just happened, that [b]they gave place to an impluse[/b], even a religous impulse, but not according to the will of God. And God was not pleased.

Paul the Apostle says,

"For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge."

[i]...a zeal of God[/i]

[i]...but not according to knowledge[/i]

I suspect and fear that many of the [i]prophetic[/i] utterances being given today through the media airwaves are soulish impulses gushing forth out of the hearts of those who are speaking. And these impulses are being put in the pure and holy mouth of God.

What a tremendous thing to claim you speak for Almighty God.

Chris

2007/8/18 10:48Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: trembling prophets

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word."

[i]...and trembleth at my word[/i]

Is there not any fear in speaking the words of Almighty God?

If God expects that those who hear His word tremble, would He not expect the same of those who speak it?

There are laughing prophets today.

What of those that tremble for fear of what they are saying and what they are doing?

To utter words on behalf of a being Who's length and breadth compasses ETERNITY!

"Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness."

[i]...because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness[/i]

2007/8/18 11:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
just to address the issue of the cross in this "prophetic movement"
Ihop and Lou Engle, and Bill Johnson, Ptraicia king, etc...... have some of the most intense, revelatory messages concerning the cross, at IHOP in their school of ministry have an entire semester about the cross, These are cross loving people.

Concerning holiness, lou engle rick joyner, mike bickle, dutch sheets, and all these names that have been listed just gathered 80,000 people in tennessee to preach holiness and call massive fasting and repentence. Talking about hard preaching concerning the urgency of the hour for the pure and spotless bride to arise! Lou Engle and many of these leaders led 25,000 people through the streets of Nashville for a 3 mile silent repentence walk, and then I watched these men bearing their hearts and weeping before the Lord in their own failures, and repenting. thats not very self loving...

Yes agreed they talk about the cross and about holiness subjects, but where is the evidence of the cross life in people that follow these movements, where is the evidence of holiness in daily life? I went to the large IHOP gathering where over 10,000 youth met for 2 days and when I was in the midst of it the Lord gave me two words. One was the phrase "they are raising unholy prophets." and second was the impression when everyone was crying out for revival that "if they actually got revealed the cross of Jesus Christ and death to self it would stagger and bring many in that place."

And I believe this hits on the two major problems, the lack of solid cross preaching and death to self. And secondly the holiness in daily life and activities, not walking talking and being like the world around you, but having the spirit and fragrance of Christ in all things.

[b]The Cross and Holiness.[/b] Perhaps Christianity can be narrowed down into those two things. Oh of what vital importance these are.

2007/8/18 13:13Profile

Re:

If the way you guys in this forum pick apart and judge people is Holy, I dont want none of your Holiness. None of you are Holy. No not one.

I'm gonna take a recommended break.

2007/8/18 16:02
jdickson

Waterville, ME

Re:

SI mediator person:
sure there is always need for a greater awakening to holiness, but in every part of the church from catholic to baptist to pentecostal I mean every part, every denomination has there failures concerning holiness. Who is walking in the true fear of the Lord?

To use the "proof of holiness" in their life is hard to use against them, because who does have proof? show me one?

but thats what the call Nashville with Lou Engle was all about, it wasnt about prophesy, it wasnt about miracle, it was about marrying a generation back to Jesus through weeping and repentence, the first 3 hours of the gathering I wept uncontrollable over the issue of sin in the church. the leaders, everyone listed here, wept and wept over holiness, wheres the proof? its in their tears. its in their cries for it to manifest.

Im not walking in full maturity of holiness today, and neither are 99% of the church, but man i weep for it, I long for it. and I know so do these men.

Ive prayed with Lou Engle and many of these men. Ive never seen such dedication to this call. you can listen to their teachings and watch their shows and roll your eyes, but friends i kow these men's heart, ive wept with a few of them. Their hearts are broken for the body of Christ.

Their donctrine isnt sound. neither is yours (im not saying that acussingly but i mean lets be humble here, we dont got it, we havent arrived). But man they want to see Jesus return, they want to glorify Jesus, they want to see this generation of sons of God, holy and upright arise on the earth.

2007/8/18 18:50Profile
PaulWest

Central Texas

Re:

Quote:
Their donctrine isnt sound. neither is yours (im not saying that acussingly but i mean lets be humble here, we dont got it, we havent arrived)

Brother, having sound doctine has nothing to do with "arriving" as the Apostle Paul hadn't arrived, yet his doctrine was sound, and his doctine is Holy Scripture. God holds us responsible for light presently imparted. Paul exhorted Timothy to keep sound doctrine. One can have sound doctine this side of glorification; and without sound doctine and holiness, I contend, we will not experience the "arrival".

When you line up these self-proclaimed prophets' teachings and breathings and utterances, they must conform to sound doctine.

Brother Paul

2007/8/18 19:06Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy