SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why do Catholics emphasize 'The Virgin Mary' so much?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

Why do Catholics emphasize 'The Virgin Mary' so much?

I was raised Catholic but it wasn't until I got saved at 24 where I learned that Mary wasn't a virgin and Jesus had brothers and sisters. And it wasn't until I got saved where I learned about not worshipping idols or statues.

So where and how did they get Mary being like equal with Jesus? Why so much emphasis on her?

2007/8/6 17:09Profile
jarona

The Earth

Re: Why do Catholics emphasize 'The Virgin Mary' so much?

Jesus was the first child to come out of Marys' womb. It is my view that alot of the reasons they emphasize Mary so much is because of the influence of demons. The same reasons they pray to saints, focus so much on the eucharist, and think they are forgiven because they went to confession and said some hail marys, etc. It is because of the powers of darkness that has blinded multitudes and that now helps keep people from the truth of Christ and from truely repenting from their sins and turning to Christ for new life, Jaron

2007/8/6 17:31Profile
swsojourner

Quote:
was raised Catholic but it wasn't until I got saved at 24 where I learned that Mary wasn't a virgin and Jesus had brothers and sisters.

Martin Luther, John Calvin, Ulrich Zwingli and all the reformers believed otherwise, as did the universal early church. :) The Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox are in continuity with the early church.

Karsten

2007/8/6 17:33Profile
Santana

Re:

Karsten,

Are you Catholic? If so, what's the difference between a Christian and a Catholic?

2007/8/6 17:55Profile

Quote:

Santana wrote:
I was raised Catholic but it wasn't until I got saved at 24 where I learned that Mary wasn't a virgin and Jesus had brothers and sisters. And it wasn't until I got saved where I learned about not worshipping idols or statues.

So where and how did they get Mary being like equal with Jesus? Why so much emphasis on her?

The Catholic idea seems to be that Mary was too "holy" to ever have had sex. This is a Gnostic concept, that the physical is inferior and "unclean", and only the spiritual is good.

But the Bible says simply that she and Joseph waited to consummate their marriage until after Jesus was born. At least that seems to be the meaning. Maybe one of the Greek scholars here could confirm that?

I'm sure that afterwards they had a normal married life and other children. If you do discuss this with a Catholic however, they will probably say that Jesus' "brethren" were actually His cousins, because in the original language "brother" is a wider term than the way we use it, and means any close male relative.

This is true, but doesn't alter the fact that the Bible [i]doesn't[/i] say that Mary was always a virgin, and to say that she was is reading something into the Word that isn't actually there, in order to support a false idea of her.

Spiritually the origins of the veneration of the Virgin are wholly pagan - the dominant mother goddess and her son/husband is a theme in a number of ancient pagan religions. Including that the son dies and is resurrected. In some myths the mother goes to the Underworld in search of her son and brings him back. She seems always the dominant character.

No doubt the result of Satan muddying the waters.

Jeannette

2007/8/7 17:29

Re:

Catholics place much emphasis on the Virgin Mary for these reasons:

What and Why The Roman Catholic Church States about Mary……:

“Because she is the New Eve, she, like the New Adam, is born immaculate, just as the First Adam and Eve were created immaculate. Because she is New Eve, she is mother of the new mankind (Christians), just as the first Eve was the mother of first mankind (the children of Adam). And, because she is the New Eve, she shares the fate of the New Adam. The First Adam and Eve died and went to dust, the New Adam and Eve were physically raised to heaven“.

But let’s take this apart for a moment…

1.There is no scripture about a 2nd Eve, and if there were, scripture would be very open and clear about that. In making that possible, God would have created a second Adam and Eve as he did originally. Eve was taken out of Adam's side, not created or formed as Adam. Mary then would have to be formed out of Jesus rib for her to be the New Eve.

REMEMBER……

3.Adam the first was formed out of the dust of the earth, Eve was formed out of Adams' rib. God did not create Jesus out of the dust of the earth, although He could have if He wanted to. Adam was not formed as a baby, but a full grown man. So in essence, our flesh was formed originally of the dust of the earth...(ashes to ashes, dust to dust) still is. The bible says, the soul that sinneth it shall die...Jesus was not a newly created soul. .He was/is God from the beginning.

4. 1 Corinthians 15 says, the First man Adam was a life giving soul, the 2nd Adam...Jesus Christ, is a life giving Spirit. Jesus came to save our souls. Our sinful nature comes from our soul. Our soul is where the heart is...our inner most central point of our conscience. Our Conscience (those born again) are purged and cleansed by the Blood of Jesus...Hebrews
We are a New Creation IN CHRIST ONLY . Our redemption is in Jesus Christ alone. We (Born Again Christians) having identified with Christ in death and resurrection life, having been raised up together with HIM, are baptized into HIS BODY, forming the Church. He is the Head of the Body, just as Adam was the Head of Eve. There is no need for another Eve, for WE are His Bride, His Body. It's through Jesus Blood we are washed and redeemed and purchased. Mary shed no blood. Hebrews 10. We enter through the Veil, that is to say *HIS* Flesh to the Father. The Church, His Bride, is Flesh of His Flesh and Bone of His Bone.

5. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same, that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels, but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, And to seeds, as of many, but as of one, And to your Seed, who is Christ.

THEREFORE>>>>>>

6. There is only "*ONE* SEED" who is Christ. Mary, being immaculately conceived would have to be ANOTHER SEED ….so Their Mary is not the Mary of Scripture, making her jesus not the Jesus of Scripture. You see if God overshadowed Mary's mothers womb it would make Mary fully God /fully Human as well. There is no scripture about a 2nd Eve, and if there were, scripture would be very open and clear about that. In making that possible, for her to be an independent Eve created totally apart, would make her a goddess or a god…and we know this is not so.

BUT …..

IF God HAD created a second Adam and Eve as he did originally, The New Eve would be taken out of the 2nd ( Jesus Christ’s) Adam's side, Mary then would have to be formed out of Jesus rib for her to be the New Eve. We know that didn’t happen. We, His Church , His Bride, His Body is Flesh of His flesh and bone of his bone.

Catholicism is a false Gospel, an accursed Gospel. Do you see how dangerous this teaching leads to? It's anti-christ pure and simple.

God WILL NEVER compromise the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ in this way, by a divided heart and distorted theology.... NEVER in all eternity!!!

Also.....
Mary wasn't even brought up until around the 300-400 AD in Greece, when the Catholic church wanted to bring the Greeks under their power, and Greece not wanting to give up their virgin goddess Diana, The RCC offered up Mary to take Diana's place. No mention of Mary (as they worship her now) in the Catholic Church before that time.

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/8/12 14:19
rookie

Re:

Gen. 3:15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Many teach that this Scripture speaks of Mary as the woman.

Yet this Scripture does not speak of Mary but of the Holy Spirit. For those who a born of God are begotten by the Holy Spirit. Those who are born from above are transformed into the image of the Son.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/8/13 0:26Profile
davidt

One reason is that they are uneducated and then are taught these things. For instance some Catholics may not know the difference between the time of Eve and the time of Mary. Also, some call her the "Mother of God". They think since she gave birth to Jesus who was God that she is the mother of God. But, really, she is the mother of His humanity only, and He has eternally existed as God the Word.

Another reason is they say how could Jesus who is holy be born of a sinner. So, they therefore say well Mary must have been sinless and then it all builds from there!

Also as one brother stated it is demonic and fleshly. Man has always had a tendency to worship anything but God. They will worship the rod of Moses or anything else they can get there hands on.

2007/8/13 1:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy