SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What am I doing wrong?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

What am I doing wrong?

I have a concern I want to put out there for your opinions. Ever since I have been born again,which is about 14 years now, I have always had a problem with anxiety. Especially when I wake up in the morning, it is as if something is terrorizing me with feelings of anxiety,strong in nature, that just make me want to hide. I am 36 years old and I feel that this is similar to a child who doesnt want to go to school in the morning.I have seen many a counselor and tried antidepressants. I have prayed about it and read about it..still no release.I would hate to think that this is a thorn in the flesh as Paul had because I cannot even begin to put myself on par with Paul.Has anyone ever successfully come through a situation like this? I have read books by John McArthur and Ray Comfort. I have listened to Ravenhill and many more. I consider myself a devout christian who fills his days with sermons and teachings of Jesus.Help!!
GOD Bless
John

2007/8/6 9:46Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Is the anxiety over the future?? God knows
tomorrow and He holds the future. Have you
tried the remedy found in the book of
Philippians Chap 4 vs 6-9?? :-D

2007/8/6 10:10Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

John,

I have struggled with anxiety a little bit in the past, though not exactly as you are. Here is what I do to get rid of the anxiety:

1. Read Psalm 139 - this one encourages me! Meditate on the fact that God knows EXACTLY what position you are in and EXACTLY what you are feeling.
2. Read Lamentations 3 - this one gives me much hope!
3. Read Psalm 119 - this one gives me faith!
4. Pray for everything you can think of. After you've prayed for everything you can think of, you have nothing to worry about. If it's not worth praying about, it's not worth worrying about!
5. Make a list of what things you need to do in the next week. This usually greatly eases my nerves.

Just some advice from my experience :-)
Nile

2007/8/6 10:18Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

It is a geeralized anxiety.Once I get up and about..it dissipates. Also, I am noticing a fear of people.I work in a school fixing computers and deal with people every day.I have been feeling these last few months the desire to be away from people and avoid all conversation.I am shy by nature, but these feelings make it hard to keep a job.Should I seek godly counsel, or is praying enough for us christians?

2007/8/6 10:21Profile

Sometimes my life gets so hectic that I cant help but awake in the morning with a certain level of anxiety. I am entering the most hectic 5 months of the year for me.

It's not really fear I have, but anxiety... how am I ever going to get everything done that I need to get done, will I do a good job, will I make everyone happy, etc etc.

First thing I do when I wake up to that is before my feet even touch the floor... I pray. Sometimes I fall to sleep again (because I usually run on about 5 hours sleep)... then the alarm goes off again... and I resume my prayer.

Then while the coffee is brewing I'll read a soothing Psalm and pray again.

Generally this gets my nerves calmed and I find that I am much more focussed and not anxious.

Thats what I recommend... the Word and prayer. Actually, I recommend that for whatever ails you!

Krispy

2007/8/6 10:23
Lotis

Re:

I would say seek some help and pray. Def. not Gods will for you. I would like to pray for you right now too if I Could.

Lord Jesus, we love you and your are king over all things, including anxiety. I ask you Lord for the sake of my friend here to blast this anxiety away with one breath of your mouth, one blink of your eyelash. You haven't given us such a spirit, so prove your love to him and show him what kind of spirit you give. Give him peace and soundness of mind King Jesus. We love you Lord! You are king! Amen.

I think you should find a bit of help from a Godly man and continue to read the scriptures and pray (obviously :-) ) but this is def. not the will of God for you, so get some help and break it off! Don't be ashamed to go for help either, lots of great men and women need help all the time :) Boomba!

2007/8/6 10:27Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Didn't Ray Comfort write a really good book on this? I thought I remember at one time someone bringing this topic up and recommended the book. I don't know what it is called though.

2007/8/6 11:16Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Here it is..

[url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=142]Overcoming Panic Attacks[/url]

From the site:

In the United States, 1.6 percent of the adult population, or more than 3 million people, will develop a panic disorder.

More than likely, someone you know is suffering from the devastation of panic attacks. Maybe that "someone" is you. And more than likely, you're not sure what to do. But Ray Comfort has the answers. He knows from firsthand experience that these practical principles are keys that unlock chains and open seemingly immovable doors. He knows because this bold evangelist, author, and television host was once the unlikely prisoner of debilitating panic attacks.

People who are having panic attacks aren't losing their minds and aren't destined to be controlled by addictive prescription drugs. There is real hope. Ray shares how he was able to:

# Conquer paralyzing, irrational fear.
# Overcome despair.
# Restore peace, joy, and confidence.
# Live fully again.

2007/8/6 11:18Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I have read books by John McArthur and Ray Comfort.

Shame on me for not reading all of your post. Please forgive me.

2007/8/6 11:21Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

Thats ok...That book by Ray I actually havent read and I am glad you brought it to my attention.
Thanks

2007/8/6 11:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy