SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lest He braid the whip...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

Lest He braid the whip...

Dear brothers and sisters, may I encourage you with a word that came to me tonight?

As it was spoken of the temple, so should it be understood of every believing soul, that the spirits of God's people are intended to be called a "house of prayer".

Is your soul a house of prayer today?

To look inside the heart of many saints would be to uncover a rabble of false affections, mixed motives, and unmortified lusts - such a den of thieves waiting to be cleansed by the zealous whip of the Lord.

This is true of myself in many ways.

Must our Savior always be eaten up with jealous indignation before we will empty our spiritual temples of worldliness and return to undivided prayer? Distractions huddle like robbers intent to steal the time set apart to the Lord.

I exhort you, watch the Savior as He braids the whip, and braid one too! Go together into your heart and cast out those things which distract you from prayer.

I go with you to the same business. Let's keep His house holy and prayerful, my dear friends.

With affection,

2007/8/6 4:35Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Lest He braid the whip...

Quote:
Must our Savior always be eaten up with jealous indignation before we will empty our spiritual temples of worldliness and return to undivided prayer? Distractions huddle like robbers intent to steal the time set apart to the Lord.

Amen. I too shall be about this business. Thank you brother.

2007/8/6 11:19Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re: Lest He braid the whip...

Good word, thanks. ^_^

2007/8/6 13:19Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Indeed. I "whipped it up" in prayer last night, but each day needs new grace to pray earnestly. I need the compassion of Christ, who healed sick sinners rather than giving them their due just then.

2007/8/6 16:14Profile
jarona

The Earth

Re:

Quote:
each day needs new grace to pray earnestly. I need the compassion of Christ, who healed sick sinners rather than giving them their due just then.

amen man, (this is my opinion that) I have such a hard heart. I can go a number of days without weeping, it is disgusting and truely wicked in the highest degree. I need the grace to pray at all, I am truely nothing but a waste without the Lord Jesus Christ, there is nothing good in me but God. I have pride, and I lust, and am vile. I can just hope that God in His mercy gives me a Spirit of prayer that I might travail and his Spirit may groan in me. I deserve my sorrows and much more sorrow than I experience! If only all my sorrows became Gods' sorrows I might rejoice that I had a greater burden from the Lord and a greater amount of His heart. I even thought to myself while watching a documentary not long ago something like this: "I'll go to such and such a place even if God doesn't want me to go, what is more important that God is glorified or that these people are relieved from there suffering." As if in my heart it is more important that people are freed from there suffering and helped, than it is for a great God to receive glory. "Because God is not in sorrow but these people have to suffer so greatly," WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE THAT GOD IS NOT IN SORROW" It is just that I don't have the reality of how much God suffers because of what these people are going through. Indeed I wouldn't care for these people if Gods' love and compassion were not in me. Because God is love, therefore if I didn't have God in me at all or any compassion He has given me I wouldn't care to give, or cry or see justice come upon the earth. Perhaps those thoughts were from a demon but I am truely wicked and I believe a great deal of it may stem from my lack of understanding Gods' character, may in His mercy He not cast me out of the vine to whither and may He transform this wicked heart of mine, Jaron

2007/8/6 17:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy