SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : when to divorce? need advice.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
anonymous2

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Keith Daniel has great messages on the home. I would recomend scanning through his sermons for ones that are about the home. [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=144]Keith Daniel[/url]

I'm sorry if the last post came off too blunt. I'm not very eloquent in my speech at certain times. Be sure that I am praying for you.

Brother you were not blunt at all, and if you need to please do so. I can be a guy who is pretty forth right, some people don't now how to take it. I guess its my michigan roots.

AN open rebuke is better than hidden love.

2007/8/6 9:27Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: when to divorce? need advice.

Quote:
I feel so unyoked and alone, because I have been going through a awakening in my life for the past year or so, I abhore the past sins of my life, I hate how I was rebellious to the Lord.

dear brother,i can understand how hard a situation like yours must be. that being said, you are yoked with your wife. brother, you are one. when paul wrote the corinthians, he was telling them to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. he did not want them to participate in the godless acts that the unbelievers were doing. but he commanded them to seperate from them. this does not apply in your case my friend. you have vowed before God and man to be faithful to the wife of your youth.
Quote:
I so much want to know HIM more and Love HIM deeply I want a revival in my hear.

brother do you want to know Him and love Him or please the flesh?? the Lord's way is the way of the cross and if we desire to be His children, we must walk as He walked (1 john 2:6). brother, please do not take the easy sinful way of saying "well we just want 2 different ways so i'm leaving". that is sin brother. if you really want to know Him and love Him, then pray, pray , pray and then when you are done pray some more. continue to love her like Christ loves us and give your life for her. make it your mission to love her and serve her for the rest of your life. settle it now. never let the stupid devil entertain your thoughts with divorce. divorce is not an option brother. only love and service is my friend.

i hope that you will heed the godly advice that is being given to you. we love you too much than to let you walk in sin in this situation.

"nevertheless, not as i will, but yours be done" let that be your prayer brother. believe in Him, He woke you up friend. He can do the same for your wife.

2007/8/6 9:28Profile
anonymous2

Re:

brother poet: thank you so much for your kind and passionate response. it is a long and exhausting journy. Honestly I haven't prayed a lot this past two weeks. My wife and I for the first time ever have been praying together on our knees and holding hands. I have never done that with her, she still feels insecure about praying so it is just me for now. We had a new baby about 6 weeks ago and that has been another adjustment, he gets up all the time and my prayer time is usually in the night time, I have a 4ys old as well, who has been demanding. I just have been over whelmened and depressed. I used to pray for her, but I have stopped I just felt like my petitions were not changing her. God has been doing something in me, I haven't understood until getting on SI. Tozer wrote an aticle about the Lonilness of a christian and that pretty much sums me up.

But I will press on.Thank you for your prayers

2007/8/6 9:37Profile
anonymous2

Re:

Quote:
You are entertaining sin and rebellious thoughts even now. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever, grief yes ... Pray you repent of even harboring the thought where you have no grounds.

Its not that I am sinking into my past sins, i have been praying to know the Lord Jesus more and why He truly died. There has been a reflection of past sins of repentance, grief, but not condemation.

Appreicate your cander and forth rightness.

Amen

2007/8/6 9:42Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
My wife and I for the first time ever have been praying together on our knees and holding hands. I have never done that with her, she still feels insecure about praying so it is just me for now.

Dear brother, I must admit I am somewhat confused by all this ... Matching the statements together, yet it does appear by your words of frustration and fatigue, being overwhelmed. My friend what I wouldn't give for this out take above. Oh brother your prayers are being answered! Can you not see this?

What brought forth the alarm originally was the entertaining of the notion by asking the question and let it forever be removed from your thinking. You are being tried and tested to your mettle and character. Trust I know the same frustrations and then some, far too much to go into specific detail. If anything brother, anything at all ... do not push it or rush it, allow the Lord to do His will in His time and let your character do the speaking. Silence and understanding, patience ... these go a very long way. I have failed countless times taking matter into my own hands and they produced more woe and more difficulties than I could ever tell.

Cherish these opportunities brother, think how much differently it could be if she had no desire to pray at all.

2007/8/6 9:53Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Brother, don't give up! Press on!

Are you soaking in the Word?

Listen to this:

James 1:21
Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

and this:

1 Peter 2:1-3
Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

If you read the word of God and obey it you will never go wrong.
It has every answer to every question that is important - believe it. There is nothing you can go through which the Bible doesn't have something to say about - believe it. It is the perfect word of God, able to free from sin, defeat the devil, and overcome Hell itself. Believe it. Don't doubt it.
If you read the word of God and obey it you will never go wrong.

Nile

2007/8/6 10:00Profile
anonymous2

Re:

Quote:
Dear brother, I must admit I am somewhat confused by all this ... Matching the statements together, yet it does appear by your words of frustration and fatigue, being overwhelmed. My friend what I wouldn't give for this out take above. Oh brother your prayers are being answered! Can you not see this?

yes I do see, being a man and I can hinder some works for God in her life, I too can be silent and also can be to opinionated with her. I expect alot out of myself and others and that reflects on my wife. Not saying it is right, quite contrary it is very much wrong. Plainly I wish she would puruse the things of the Lord, more aggresively. But your words do strike a cord and penetrating thought!!! thank you.

God bless

2007/8/6 10:40Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear anonymous2,

brother, be patient and loving. the Lord does a work in our lives and then all of a sudden we want everyone to be like how we are. but it is all in His timing brother. He is in control. He knows what He is up to. i was just telling some teens yesterday that the Lord's way is trials. "brethren count it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds, knowing that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. and perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature (perfect) and complete, not lacking anything" (james 1:2-4). His work is to conform you and He will use whatever trials and means to accomplish His goal. trust and know that He is working in and through you. yield to Him my friend, and He will continue to use you to bring the fire back in her. but if you try to do it yourself, you will cause more hurt than help.

God bless you brother.

2007/8/6 10:58Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

I can't help but feel your feelings must be having a negative baring on the marrage..If shes reading how ur feeling,basically she reading "i'm coming up short" how would you feel under that scrutiny?

True Rick Warren book is not great,but if your wive loved it and felt God led her,at least she's being faithful to what she thinks God was asking,isn't that a step in the right direction?

I hope i don't seem harsh,but i left my wive 10 years ago for the wrong reasons,and trust me spiritually my ex wive HATED Christian,she'd would of banned me lending anything to her family :-( ,my friend also left his wive and we recently agreed that we reaped something for not following Gods command..
andy

2007/8/6 11:43Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

Brother, there is a lesson the Lord has been teaching me lately that I think would be helpful here.

I've learned to be thankful when going through something difficult. It's seems so elementary in light of all the scriptures about sufferings and trials, but I'm learning it in the school of experience at this time. I'm learning that in a hard situation, I am to be thankful (1 Thes. 5:18). Why am I to be thankful? Because God is using this difficult situation to transform me into the image of His Son. I also know that I often need to be reminded of this by the brethern and by the Holy Spirit.

Rejoice brother! The Lord is working in you! Chris

2007/8/6 12:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy