SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : when to divorce? need advice.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
anonymous2

when to divorce? need advice.

I have been on here for a while, I set up a new login so I could ask a question, I wanted to remain private.

I have been married for five years. we have two wonderful children. I am in a spiritual awakening in my soul. I long for truth and the things of the Lord, I do not want the desires of the world anymore, the worldly things have becoming less to daily. My wife was a catholic, she left it a long time before we meet. She wasn't a Christian, but was searching for something else,something more. We meet during a rough time in my life I was not following the Lord, I was pretty upset with things and meet her in a worldly establishment. we eventually got married, while she was still searching. three months after we got married she came to saving faith...i think differently now! It has been a few years and she has not shown any regeneration, there is not much desire to pursue the Lord. I feel so unyoked and alone, because I have been going through a awakening in my life for the past year or so, I abhore the past sins of my life, I hate how I was rebellious to the Lord. I so much want to know HIM more and Love HIM deeply I want a revival in my hear. Television and Hollywood has become detesable to me, I know longer want to watch certain movies and I feel I see right through the agenda of Hollywood. I feel like I made a mistake and I shouldn't have married her, I want someone who will understand me, and not think I am just be confrontational in my faith and expecting to much from my faith. We gave her sister some gospel tracts today to help answer more questions she had, we gave her a study bible, she wanted to give her some more books; Christian Living style books. One book she has read was the PDL book, by Rick Warren. SOmeone gave that to her to read and wanted to pass it on to her sister. I was strongly against it, for two reasons: That book,which I have never read, is typical emergent church theology. Two: Since when does Gods Holy word ever become not enough!! How many have not been brought down to their face by HIS word!

So with much frustration, I do not know what to do? stay or go? Does this justify leaving? I think of Nehemiah, when ask the people to leave there foriegn wifes. Of course it is not up to me to determine her salvation, I know God is the only one to do that.

Thanks for listening

2007/8/5 22:17Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: when to divorce? need advice.

Quote:
So with much frustration, I do not know what to do? stay or go? Does this justify leaving?

Friend, I have to be completely honest with you. You don't have any justification for leaving. I would ask of you to read 1 Cor 7.

....how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

God Bless you. These are hard times.

1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed.

2007/8/5 22:59Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Brother, did you make a vow before God and man to love and honor this woman through every up and down til you die?

If you are a child of God then surely you know that God has ordained that this woman would be your wife and He knew exactly what weaknesses she would have that will be used to conform your character to that of Christ's. You are called dear brother to lay your life down for this woman and your children, read Ephesians 5:25 and cry out to God with all your heart to make that verse a reality in your life.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/8/5 23:03Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

anonymous2,

No, this does not justify leaving. God hates divorce. Jesus only gives one reason for divorce and that is for marital unfaithfulness(fornication). You must persevere in your marriage.

Murray

2007/8/5 23:04Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Keith Daniel has great messages on the home. I would recomend scanning through his sermons for ones that are about the home. [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=144]Keith Daniel[/url]

I'm sorry if the last post came off too blunt. I'm not very eloquent in my speech at certain times. Be sure that I am praying for you.

2007/8/5 23:05Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Agreed ...

You have nothing brother. If you are having a spiritual awakening I pray that it does indeed truly wake you up.

Quote:
I feel like I made a mistake and I shouldn't have married her, I want someone who will understand me

I have been married now for 9 years and presently my own wife is for the better part backslidden and has been for some time, a number of years now. You have no idea the difficulties yet I love her still, with all my heart. What you need to die to is your selfishness.
Quote:
I abhore the past sins of my life, I hate how I was rebellious to the Lord.

You are entertaining sin and rebellious thoughts even now. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever, grief yes ... Pray you repent of even harboring the thought where you have no grounds.

Read through this and note all the scriptures;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16858&forum=36&start=40&viewmode=flat&order=0]The husband of one wife[/url]

2007/8/5 23:21Profile
poet

Longview WA

as a brother in Christ, I will try to speak the truth in love to you, but I may seem severe, but remember God does only want the best for you and your wife and children.

Like you, I had something miracelous happen to me and you too are on a journey to being perfected in christ.

First, the devil hates you and your covenant with your wife. and he will try as much as possible to convince to break your covenant to appease a false intrepertation, of scripture, or doctrine. Remember you have only been on your path a short time and alot of things will be comming at you trying to deceive you.
Under no circumstances are we to divorce our spouses after we have consumated our marriage covenant.
Paul says we are to stay with our spouses, if they arent believers, because we sanctify them..
By being a christian. "truly a crusified, Holy, Godly,Loving , putting our spouse first, mate"
we can lead them to christ by our life.
Another scripture talks about why one. wife.
because we will have godly children.
the dammage to children from divorce is beyond our imagenation.

Your quote about foreign wives had to do with israel breaking her covenant with God and marrying foreing wives, who would defile gods covenant people with their teachings, and they were in the habbit of divorcing their wives to get these foreign ones... they also had children and were to seperate from them but were commanded to still take care of them. but those men were forever defiled.

I could write alot about this but you just want advice, so here it is.

If you truly love Jesus Christ, you will stay with your wife, no matter what, even if she becomes an adulterous one.. read Hosea.
Never Never Never search scriptures to try and find a loophole to get out of a covenant relationship.
God's perfect will is for you to endure,
your reward will be beyond your wildest dreams.
God is seeing if you will take the easy way out or endure for the sake of the kingdom of God.
And if you endure he will Anoint you for things for his service.
Pray and he will change your wife, and your kids will become men or women of god. DON'T Quit!!!!

DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO WILL GIVE YOU A SCRIPTURE TO LET YOU OUT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP. TO BE BLUNT IT IS FROM THE EVIL ONE!
Not the scripture, but the wrong context of it.
Most people dont understand the Matthew 19 proper context and I wont go into it now.
God bless and keep winning. God is on your side.

2007/8/6 0:05Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Others have already posted sound wisdom and I encourage you to read it all. I only add this:

Quote:
I want someone who will understand me.

Christ understands you, and what you need is to pray until Christ is birthed in reality within your present wife. When Christ has been birthed in her, the same Christ who understands you will be in your wife to console you in times of difficulty.

But if you have not prayed to bloodshed, then you have not prayed with all the heart of Christ available through the Spirit. By faith you must win her with incessant, tireless, compassionate prayer. Love her as you love yourself, for that is the whole of the commandment of your God.

Praying for you dear brother,

2007/8/6 2:55Profile

Re:

I dont have much more to add to what others have already said. You're in it for the long haul, bro.

Scripture tells us that if an unsaved spouse is willing to stay, then there is no justifiable reason for divorce.

I would suggest you get on your knees.

If you leave... you do so at your own spiritual detriment. It will be you who is in the wrong, and your actions may cause her to never consider walking with the Lord because of your example.

Instead, you need to stay and love her unconditionally... as Christ loves you.

Krispy

2007/8/6 8:36
anonymous2

Re:

Quote:

InTheLight wrote:
Brother, did you make a vow before God and man to love and honor this woman through every up and down til you die?

If you are a child of God then surely you know that God has ordained that this woman would be your wife and He knew exactly what weaknesses she would have that will be used to conform your character to that of Christ's. You are called dear brother to lay your life down for this woman and your children, read Ephesians 5:25 and cry out to God with all your heart to make that verse a reality in your life.

In Christ,

Ron

I have prayed that verse and asked the Lord to give me true love for her. I am just exhausted in praying for this, I know at times I am not the best example. But I get ups and downs of frustration, its mostly selfishness. I just feel that God is not going to bless it, because of my disobedience. I thank you for the encouragement and reproof.

2007/8/6 9:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy