SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : biblical christian leadership

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rocklife

usa

biblical christian leadership

Many churches I've been to encourages everybody to get involved, escpecially in teaching classes. The bible says church leaders should be tested true disciples, and not young in the faith. Overseers and deacons "must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?), and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil. And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil." (NAS)
It doesn't take much to get a degree, money and some grunt work will get anyone a degree. A degree in biblical things doesn't mean that person is a Christian. Christians need to know docrtine, but also apply it to life, being obedient to God.
Then the sheep following the pastors are misguided and led astray themselves, so this is not a small matter. The churches in San Antonio encourage any willing person to be leaders, even if they are brand new converts and untrained.This above verse mentions that new converts can easily become conceited and be snared by the devil. I pray Christian churches and Christians would be obedient to Jesus' teachings and the New Testament, in Jesus' name, amen.

Some of my motives for exposing things like this (in the spirit of Ephesians 5:11) is to encourage the body of Christ from the bible. This post is copying Jesus' warning to those who follow Him, "Beware of the teachers of the Law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers..." Luke 20:46.

2004/5/2 20:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy