SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holiness Possible Today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
PosterThread
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re: holiness

I aggree with you Isaiah64.
I think if we had less doctrine, and more Jesus in the body, we would all attain to holiness.
We need to believe in him and what he has done for us. I cannot and never will be able to be holy apart from him. I had to die, not just In my spirit walk, but everything, even my very self.
I couldn't even kill myself, I had to trust that Jesus did it at the cross, the moment I believed onto salvation. Everybody talks about Christ in them, this is true, but it's not just a word in a book, that if we hang on in faith, will become a reality. If you have accepted Jesus, all of this is all ready done in you, you may not have the experience of it, because we need revelation Knowlege by his spirit, this we can ask God for and he will give it. We need to see ourselves hid in Jesus, seated at the throne of Grace, where our work is done and Jesus is able to live his holy life through us. He's the only one who is without sin. That's how Jesus walked , all the fullness of the Father dwelt in him, and he reveiled God's Love to a dying world.
We need to stop struggling with sin , and our Christian walk, and enter into God,s Sabbath rest in the heavenlies, when we give up Jesus can live through us.
Love in Christ, tom

2007/8/29 23:24Profile
Marcos

Re:

Amen.
There is nothing that we have that has not been given us in Jesus Christ. It is because He is our Savior from sin that we have the power over sin. Because God the Father has commanded us to be holy, it stands as a sure fact that we can live holy lives in the power of the Holy Spirit of God. Holiness is NOT sinless perfection. Rather it is living righteous lives by God's indwelling Presence on a moment to moment basis.

I love what Charles Finney says about living a holy life:
"It has long been maintained by orthodox divines, that a person is not a Christian who does not aim at living without sin - that unless he aims at perfection, he manifestly consents to live in sin; and is therefore certainly impenitent. It has been, and I think truly, said, that if a man does not in the fixed purpose of his heart, aim at total abstinence from sin, and at being wholly confirmed to the will of God, he is not yet regenerated, and does not so much as mean to cease from abusing God."

Marcos

2009/7/5 20:26Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Romans 3:20

20 Therefore b[b]y the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight[/b], for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

We know that the Law came to reveal to man the righteousness of God. But the Law that was intended to bring life actually brought death, because all it did was to show us that we were sinners.

Israel, in the time of Moses until Christ, were to keep the Laws of God in ordinances to have righteousness before God.

Paul said in Philippians 3:6-8 “concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ”

The law of God requires righteousness, so why would Paul discard his righteousness...(works in the Law) if he were so perfect in it?

hmmmm got to think about that one...

Romans 3:21-22 But now the righteousness of God [b]apart from the law [/b]is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

I wonder what that is?

[b]How is[/b] the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus work to bring righteousness anyway?

Got to think about that one too!!

The answer is very simple actually, well not to everyone, just those to whom the Father will show this to. It is because Jesus took away ALL my sins forever, and in the [size=3]absence of sin the Law is fulfilled.

So, Here is a question:

If a person were completely sin free in their life, would the righteousness or holiness that the Law of God requires be fulfilled?

The answer is yes!

So...if Jesus took away all of my sins after repentance, and I am blameless before God and sin free, do I fulfill the righteousness or holiness that the law of God requires?

[b]The answer is yes[/b]; I fulfill the righteousness that the law of God requires because I have no sin in Jesus...because Jesus took away my sins and nailed to the cross! ...I am therefore sin free before God and fulfill the righteousness of the law. This is what is meant by the righteousness by faith and NOT by works!!!

So then the righteousness that the Law of God requires, is fulfilled in every single person who comes to Jesus. This is what it means that Christ is the end of the law and that He fulfilled the law. This is the righteousness which is by faith, and not by the works of the Law of God.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

How is the Law established?

The Law is established because [u]there is no more sin to deal with[/u], because Jesus took the sin away, and in the absence of sin the Law is Fulfilled, …yes it is established! This is the righteousness that is by faith, and not by the works of the Law.

Romans 5: 1-2 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Holiness becomes you...

I have shared this before, but will share it again here.

God truly wants the repentance of man, for man to make a volitional choice for Him...to openly repent before Him and to follow Him, to Call upon Him...

He wants good works towards Him based on a loving personal relationship, and not on good works based on a reliance of oneself… or in ones' ability to live holy by following a given set of rules – and yes there is a difference.

Yes, there are moral rules and guidelines to follow and understand, but they are only to instruct me in the ways of righteousness and holiness [b]as I seek Him inwardly, and personally[/b] and they teach me of the nature of Jesus.

The scriptures give me an understanding of the nature of Him who has called me out of this world to be His son, to a new life in Him which is hidden in Christ Jesus - the Holy Spirit bears witness to this truth.

His good works in me (holiness) comes, not based on my own understanding of what true holiness is, but rather based on the inner workings of the Holy Spirit in my life since I accepted Him, and it is in my yielding to Him in all things, and not on my adherence or on reliance of myself to seek His favour by doing good works (what I perceive as holiness). It's not what I can do, it's what He does through me.

Because I love Him in the very pit of my soul, and am born of Him, I will seek out those things that always please Him, I will hate the things that He hates, and I will love the things that He loves...if only that I may have just one moment, just one moment in time that I may truly glorify Him in this earthly body…this I will do as His Holy Spirit, who is within me permits, and teaches me all things.

Does this mean that I will never make a mistake and never sin again? ...no it does not. I hope that I never sin again, but if I do, I know I have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. If I acknowledge my sins before God, He is faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. Galatians 6:15

Hence and therefore my salvation is not based upon me believing that my good works toward Him (personal holiness) will save me (or even merit me any favor), but rather on a TOTAL surrender of my life to Him, and upon a reliance on Him for my holiness and righteousness, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the very day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

I just need only to yield to Him, I just need only to yield to Him and say yes Lord, yes Lord...have your way and be glorified in me.

And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. Romans 6:13

[i]Repentance is a rocky road best travelled in the day, when there is light, lest darkness comes, and I stumble in the dark...that is to say the Spirit of God will not always strive with man. I will therefore humble myself before the God of heaven and pray, who has called me...to walk this road of repentance..that leads to eternal life.
[/i]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6qNCIDtyCw&feature"]RUN[/url]

I can no longer live my life in the world like I am not saved from it...I can no longer do the things I did when I was not walking with the Lord...Lord Jesus help me.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGMG_PVaJoI"]A Call to Anguish [/url]

2009/7/5 22:39Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Marcos wrote:
Amen.
There is nothing that we have that has not been given us in Jesus Christ. It is because He is our Savior from sin that we have the power over sin. Because God the Father has commanded us to be holy, it stands as a sure fact that we can live holy lives in the power of the Holy Spirit of God. Holiness is NOT sinless perfection. Rather it is living righteous lives by God's indwelling Presence on a moment to moment basis.

I love what Charles Finney says about living a holy life:
"It has long been maintained by orthodox divines, that a person is not a Christian who does not aim at living without sin - that unless he aims at perfection, he manifestly consents to live in sin; and is therefore certainly impenitent. It has been, and I think truly, said, that if a man does not in the fixed purpose of his heart, aim at total abstinence from sin, and at being wholly confirmed to the will of God, he is not yet regenerated, and does not so much as mean to cease from abusing God."

Marcos

I actually like this...I am going to paraphrase it to understand it better...

Holiness is NOT sinless perfection, but rather it is living righteous lives by the power of God's indwelling...the presence of His Holy Spirit (to whom we yield our lives and will) on a moment to moment basis daily.

... a Christian who does not aim at living without sin, certainly remains impenitent. - Unless a Christian aims at perfection, he manifestly consents to live in sin. A born again Christian sets it in his heart to aim at total abstinence from sin, and to be wholly confirmed to the will of God.

A Christians aim should be to please The One who has called him out of this world to be His child.

It's not so hard to be set apart like this...we give up the world when we repent of our sins, but we will have the joy of our salvation in return, and communion of the Holy Spirit...and much love in our hearts.

I have briefly, in this thread, explained righteousness by faith and not by works, I need to explain about being born again.

In a nutshell...

Sins had to be removed first before the Holy Spirit could be given, because God cannot look upon sin.

Before Christ Jesus ascended on high and sat down at the right hand of the Father, the Holy Spirit could not come. Sins being removed through the blood of the Lamb, the Holy Spirit could come...and this set in motion the ability to become a new creation (born again).

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13

2009/7/5 23:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy