SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : SELF-less Passion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

SELF-less Passion

This was shared with me and I thought I might share with you brothers and sisters here.This is something that has been truly pressing on my heart over this last week, to surrender all to Jesus.

God Bless
MaryJane

The "Spartans" were legendary warriors, trained from birth to gratefully endure any difficulty of living condition or pain. The Spartans would embrace any loss -- for the sake of their training, and for love of the Cause and the King.

How about you? Will you REALLY choose that way when it comes to the practical things of heart and mind and life? There's always a way to rationalize "That doesn't apply to me in this case, because...." Will you renounce that lazy and cowardly human, religious, self-preserving attitude -- as so few have?

"COME BACK -- WITH YOUR SHIELD, OR ON IT!" was their courageous motto. Let it be yours as well? It was HIS credo, for His Father and for Truth. "Not MY will, but YOURS." So shall and must it be our cry, no matter what the cost, for "whosoever will." Whether you or we ever "get anything out of it" we'll sell ALL for the Pearl of Great Price, for the Treasure buried in the field. It's RIGHT to do so. Choose. Make it so, today, and ten thousand more "todays" to come.

From the soles of your feet to the highest heaven renounce forever more the attitude of "Lot's wife" -- looking back after "putting hand to the Plow." Never again play the "psycho-analyst game" ("Well, yeah, I WOULD... but THEY....") to escape responsibility for your own life and actions and motives. Live and Die FOR THE KING and HIS TRUTHS and HIS PEOPLE, as He did! Lay down all, with no demand of personal gain or satisfaction. All to Him I surrender, I surrender all!

2007/8/5 12:44Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: SELF-less Passion

Amen, Amen; MaryJane. May we all live with
selfless devotion, conviction of the cross,
and the spirit of sacrifice following the
example of our Lord Jesus!! 8-)

2007/8/5 13:15Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Quote:
Lay down all, with no demand of personal gain or satisfaction.

Amen. Thanks MaryJane

2007/8/5 16:49Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
Live and Die FOR THE KING and HIS TRUTHS and HIS PEOPLE, as He did! Lay down all, with no demand of personal gain or satisfaction. All to Him I surrender, I surrender all!

This is such an important cry, it is the cry of a remnant people that God is raising up today. It is the cry of those who are crossing the Jordan into all that God has promised. But the cry is only the beginning.

If we are going to be "legendary warriors" there will be a removing of all trust in human strength and there will be a removing of guilt by the Blood of the Lamb so that we can move into battle in supernatural power and without condemnation. The truth is that the Lord of Hosts is the warrior, this is God's battle and we enter His victory by faith. As we trust and obey the strongholds will come tumbling down as he works by unseen forces in the heavenlies and in our hearts.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/8/5 17:46Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
there will be a removing of guilt by the Blood of the Lamb so that we can move into battle in supernatural power and without condemnation.

Amen brother Ron. Your post really spoke to me, thanks for sharing.

2007/8/5 22:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy