SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Another Revival Hymn story

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Another Revival Hymn story

It looks like the Revival Hymn compilation has been used again by God to stir a heart!

I have been burning this compilation along with Ravenhill's 'True Revival' to CD and passing them out at my church for some time now. About six months ago I gave one to a dear brother whom I serve with in a homeless ministry. Just this past week he finally listened to it and it changed his life. As I was exiting the sanctuary at church this morning I hear, "Ron, Ron!" from halfway across the room and there he is waving to me. He was excited and told me that he had listened to the compilation and was just floored by it, especially the parts from Paris Reidheads "Ten Shekels and A Shirt". He told me he just wept through it and has listened to it over again about 8 times.

It's interesting, he's a little confused about what to do with this truth that his eyes have been opened to, he's so used to hearing and sharing the humanistic gospel with others, he's convicted that what he heard is the truth though. Praise God, his face was lit up, he was very excited, asked me for more CD's. :-)

In Christ,

Ron

2004/5/2 18:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Another Revival Hymn story

Love it...

Just listened to it again last week, still gets to me. We have the text as well if he is interested.

2004/5/2 18:47Profile
moreofHim

Re: revival hymn

Quote:
It's interesting, he's a little confused about what to do with this truth that his eyes have been opened to

I think many people that listen to things like the Revival hymn and Ten Shekels, have a hard time knowing what to do with it. It's like they have a decision to make.

Either embrace the truth (which means that they have been believing many wrong things all along and have been taught wrong) or turn their backs on it because it conflicts with all they've been taught and have believed.

Embracing it as truth would mean a complete overhaul on their beliefs and they way they look at things. It could change their 'spiritual' world. Some don't want that. They want to remain where they are. Praise God for the many who see the truth and embrace it hold it to the hearts for dear life. Hopefully this last reaction will be your friend's. :-)

It made a big impact on my Father and I thought it would open his eyes to see 'everything' that was not true. But I see it is still a slow process and I must be patient while he comes through this slowly. I have faith that the Lord will continue revealing the truth to him as time goes on.

Don't be discouraged in case your friend decides to take his time. :-)

In Him, chanin

2004/5/3 10:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

To bounce off of Chanins comments.

Quote:
or turn their backs on it because it conflicts with all they've been taught and have believed.

and
Quote:
Embracing it as truth would mean a complete overhaul on their beliefs and they way they look at things. It could change their 'spiritual' world. Some don't want that.

Though it doesn't appear from what Ron wrote that this may be true it could cause that reaction. I had pretty much what Channin described happen when I 'came out' of the whole WOF/Prosperity camp, I recal telling my wife that we had been 'duped', actually with tears in my eyes not knowing how she would react and also that sense of loss and confusion..."who should I believe? Are they all liars?" It did take a little while to come to grips with it all and as the process unfolded the Lord brought to mind that I had really been hearing His still small voice through the former days with these nagging doubts, that something just wasn't 'right' about all that I had been learning. Of course that is the sinister and subtle way of being mislead, there are truths in there, some that are perfectly fine and good. It's that mixing, that twisting of scripture and for a realitivly new believer who doesn't know any better what is really to be expected?

But the Lord knows how to keep those in His care and will bring them through. This may not apply specifically to the case in hand, but I pray that your friend (Ron's) is brought closer to the Lord through what he is hearing.

2004/5/3 12:31Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I think many people that listen to things like the Revival hymn and Ten Shekels, have a hard time knowing what to do with it. It's like they have a decision to make.

Either embrace the truth (which means that they have been believing many wrong things all along and have been taught wrong) or turn their backs on it because it conflicts with all they've been taught and have believed.

Yes, he does have a decision to make and isn't that always the way it is when Jesus comes and speaks? His words are piercing, they force us to make decisions, often uncomfortable and inconvenient decisions.

It will be interesting to see where my friend goes from here. I know the Spirit moved him deeply and will continue to lead him in all truth. He's a good man and he has a heart for the homeless, pray for him, his name is Robert.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/5/3 22:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy