SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is Barack Obama a Muslim?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
davidt

Is Barack Obama a Muslim?

I don't keep up with politics too much. But a while back I had saw a book by Barack Obama. I also saw him on the news running for U.S. president. I thought to myself, "could he be a Muslim?". I mean Islam did say that they were going to take out America from the inside out. Recently I was sent an email and then google searched some stuff about this topic. I saw a link on my email and it played all the recent articles about him. One talked about how he made some Pakistanie's mad for talking about some military stuff in light of terrorism. Anyhow, I saw 2 sides of the story. One saying his dad raised him Muslim, he went to a Muslim school that is now teaching what Al Queda runs on, and a couple other things like that. And then, there is the other side of the story. So basically, I was just wondering if anyone has any insight and knows more authoritatively on these things?

2007/8/4 18:21Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Is Barack Obama a Muslim?

Barak Obama is a Christian, and a member of the United Church of Christ. His profession of faith is in the name Jesus Christ -not Mohammed.

2007/8/4 18:29Profile
davidt

Re:

Yes but he "could" be lying. George Bush calls Himself a Christian too, but he is a universalist. And, to run in politics one of the best things is to call yourself a Christian "it seems".

2007/8/4 18:33Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

If someone confesses a faith in the Lord, our job is not to asume otherwise, it is to look for fruit. As far as I've seen, there is no fruit contradicting Obama's confession of faith.

Your comments do not edify our Lord, and I hope that you examine your own heart and see what He wants you to see in there.

It is our job as believers to pray for our leaders, you've already spoken of president Bush -when was the last time you prayed for him.

Leonard Ravehill once said 'you never pray for the folks you gossip about, and you never gossip about the folks you pray for'

We need to be praying for our leaders... Obama is a United States Senator, and also potentially the president, we need to pray for His faith in the Lord to be strengthened, not attack him.

2007/8/4 18:38Profile
davidt

Re:

I was just bringing the topic up to test it.

2007/8/4 18:45Profile
jordanamo

Re: Is Barack Obama a Muslim?

Obama, a Muslim? Please.

He says he's a Christian. Nearly all politicians say they are Christian because they know if they don't they will basically have have no political support. He was a Christian before he went into politics though. The church he goes to really has backwards (liberal) theology. Oprah even attends it.

But unless he does something that visibly will display that he is bearing bad fruit and not walking in the Light and a fraud, I give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't know his heart, God does. Seems to be of good cheer. I think he has good intentions. But I take him (and all politicians) with perpetual suspicion. You'll see no campaigning for him from me : )

Jordan

2007/8/4 20:55Profile

Re:

There is such a rumor going around, but it's false. Here is a website with some info:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama.htm

2007/8/4 21:18
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi davidt and all...

Quote:
George Bush calls Himself a Christian too, but he is a universalist.

A universalist? Do you have a source for this? From what I have heard and read, President Bush claims to be a Methodist with strong Baptist leanings. It is important to remain somewhat resistant of the things that we hear concerning men in political office. The worst thing to do is to go around quoting hearsay, goosip, rumors or conspiracy notions as FACT. In fact, we might find ourselves guilty of bearing false witness against a person.

Barack Obama, in an [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/us/politics/30obama.html?ex=1186372800&en=a78a7170c91a4a91&ei=5070]exclusive interview with the New York Times[/url], mentioned the extent of his religious faith in April. In the article, he states that his "Christian faith" does not lead him to embrace a belief in the "afterlife" nor the "diety of Christ" or "existence of miracles." However, Mr. Obama is not a Muslim. While some members of his family (including his grandmother, Sarah Hussein Obama) are Muslims, Mr. Obama switched to Christianity in 1988 under the pastorship of Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. A quick Google search about Rev. Wright will yield interesting articles about his controversial social and political views. The same is true of all of the political candidates. There are organizations (on ALL sides of political/social/religious issues) that gather information into the stances each candidate has on important issues. When reading these, we must remember to take them with "a grain of salt" and realize that many are often skewed against a person according to his beliefs. However, when an individual publicly questions the deity of Christ, or a belief in Heaven, we have a strong indication that his/her faith might not be rooted very deep.
Quote:
And, to run in politics one of the best things is to call yourself a Christian "it seems".

This is probably due to the fact that most Americans still identify themselves with the Christian faith. While we could openly question the validity of their claims, it is still a good thing that they openly make such a proclamation. At least they are willing to identify with Christ -- regardless of whether or not they truly love Him. As Christ told us when someone who is not one of us proclaims His Name, "[i]Rejoice[/i]."

:-)

2007/8/4 22:08Profile

Re:

You will know them by their fruits. What a scripture for the world to get a hold of. Nuff said!!!

2007/8/4 22:27
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Methodist...Baptist...could be, could not be. Read this speech given by him at the Islamic Center in Washington

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/06/20070627-2.html

thats on his home website BTW. Now he may really believe that stuff or he may not, but the fact of the matter is that either way he is compromising to please man.

2007/8/4 23:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy