SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : This is Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
vico

This is Jesus

"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39

All scriptures were given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, as revelation of the Son, to the glory of the Father.

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants..." Revelation 1:1 This verse could not only be used as an introduction to the book of Revelation, but also for the entire Word of God. All scriptures are a manifestation of the Son of God. It is not primarily documented history, or an exposition of true doctrine. It is primarily a revealing, an unveiling, a manifestation of the Word of Life, Jesus Christ.

"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ." 1John 1:1-3"

Its amazing to look at scriptures through this light.

This morning I read this verse in Exodus 34:
25 "Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven..."

Notice first of all that He says "My sacrifice", not "Your sacrifice", or "Their sacrifice".
hmmmm...

Secondly, without "leaven". "...Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy." Luke 12:1

Do not defile the sacrifice of God with your hypocrisy? sounds kinda New Testamentish to me.

"Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" Galatians 3:3

Theres a lot more that can be taken out of that verse, a lot more specifically about Christ, i've been meditating on that today.

I think it would be good for the edifying of the believers and for the glory of God if we could discuss together how Christ is revealed in all scripture. Old testament, New Testament, the Law, the Prophets, the Epistles, how are the attributes of Christ revealed? Anyone?

And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures? Luke 24:32

Lord, open our eyes! Lord, cause our hearts to burn!

2007/8/2 21:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy