SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christianity: A Set of Rules??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What would this be?

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Jam 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Would this not be the Law of Love? And in the loving the fulfillment of the Law? This is the Love of Christ that is in us by the birthing and He in us is the only One that can fulfill this Love in us.

Did He not fullfill the Law?

In Christ: Phillip

2007/8/4 20:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What would this be?

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Jam 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Would this not be the Law of Love? And in the loving the fulfillment of the Law? This is the Love of Christ that is in us by the birthing and He in us is the only One that can fulfill this Love in us.

Did He not fullfill the Law?

Did not Israel fulfill the scriptures and deny the Lord? Acts 13:48-52 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ((((ordained)))) to eternal life believed. And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region. But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts. But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium. And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

This is the 2nd to the last time Jesus was offered to the Jews, that is as a Nation of Israel. Then Paul the last time offering: Acts 28:27-29 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

To this day they will still not, except to individuals that God ordains to eternal life, being born again in Christ Jesus. Also the 144,000 sealed of the 12 tribes for the millennium. These are the ones that have a new heart and God's word written in their hearts, not born again.

2007/8/4 20:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
What would this be?

Those scriptures are nothing short of the law of love brother!

Quote:
"What is the difference between the 'laws' in the OT and the 'laws' in the NT?"

My understanding is that rather than it being "rules" that are pressed upon from the outside, it is a new nature that springs "rules" from the inside (new heart).

Here is a great article by Asa Mahan on the New Covenant. Basicly he says what you just said. What was [i]demanded[/i] under the Old Covenant - obedience to the law, is [i]promised[/i] under the New Covanant - law written upon the heart.

Quote:
Finally, whatever the old covenant, or the moral law, requires of the creature, the new covenant, as shown in a former discourse, promises to the believer. The first covenant, for example, requires of the creature perfect and perpetual holiness. The new covenant promises to the believer perfect and perpetual holiness. I will first cite a few of the passages quoted in that discourse, to sustain the above declaration, and will then offer some general remarks to show that the construction there put upon them is correct. Jer. xxxii. 39, 40,—"And I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them and of their children after them; and I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn from them to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, and they shall not depart from me." Ezek. xxxvi. 25,—"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean; from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart, also, will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments and do them." Deut. xxx. 6,—"And the Lord thy God will circumcise thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul." Jer. i. 20,—"In those days, and at that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none, and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found." I Thess. v. 23, 24,—"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit, and soul, and body, be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." That Christ, as the Mediator of the new covenant, does, in these and kindred passages, promise to the believer all that the law requires of him, will appear perfectly evident from the following considerations:—

God never wanted mere outward obedience. God was never pleased with the Pharisees who obeyed the letter of the law, but they never meet the Spirit of the law, because their motive and intention was selfish rather then benevolent.

The Pharisees "appeared righteous outwardly" yet they were "inwardly full of iniquity". The bible says that God "requires truth in the inward parts" and Christ said that we must "first clean the inside of the cup". Mere outward obedience to the letter of the law is not what God really wants, God wants inward obedience to the Spirit of the law - for us to actually love God and love our neighbor and therefore we choose not to sin against them.

God has always wanted nothing short of heart-obedience, genuine love for God and neighbor from your heart, for all men to voluntarily commit their wills to protect and promote the highest well-being of all.

Anyways, here is a link to Asa Mahan on the New Covenant. It's a fantastic read:

http://truthinheart.com/EarlyOberlinCD/CD/Mahan/ChrPerf.htm#N_4_

This is what he covers:

I. The nature of the new covenant, as distinguished from the first, or the old covenant.

II. The relation of these two covenants.

III. The object of Christ in the provisions of Divine grace.

IV. The conditions on which he will fulfil in us what he has promised as the Mediator of the new covenant.

2007/8/5 0:03
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Are we to do to get, as in the old testament, or are we go get to do, as in the New treatment.

Keeping the law got you the mercy of God.

Believe in Christ Jesus and we get Grace through the Faith of the Son of God. Which includes His sacrifice for sin and His promise of Salvation.

1 John 5:11-14 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Mahan is a very good read. Thank you and may the Wisdom, Righteousness, sanctification and redemption be truly made of God in us by Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Mahan's writing brings the Word in to focus of truly what Satan does not want us to know.
(((((((HIM)))))) Oh! That I may know Him, was also Pauls cry. Phl 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Christ's prayer also brings us into the knowing of the Holy Spirit, our Teacher of these truths.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you

Are we not also in direct confrontation of our Father and His House, that directs us to this final application in Christ Jesus, who is our only life that brings us into sonship also with Him.

Jhn 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

If we know Him we also know the Father, They together are making their Abode with us.

In Christ: "wow what a statement", by me.

Phillip

2007/8/6 21:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy