Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Litmus Test

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: A Litmus Test

Hey Murray...

funny how you addressed this to Saints and then talked about the unsaved...
It kinda hit my funny bone. but you do have a great point!

Krispy,
you are too funny. :-P

2007/7/31 10:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I thought I clarified I was pro-Gramdma!

Indeed! lol

I have been thinking about your original question. This is the question that concerns all true believers, not wanting to be deceived because it will take you to hell. I think the most tragic thing that could happen to a person is when you appear before the judgement seat of Christ and be told "Depart, ye workers of iniquity!" The rejoiner is "but have we not prophesied in your name? Done many wonderful works?" We see where one can even be a miracle worker and miss it totally.

Then yesterday I ran across this verse and I thought this may help one to discern who is a false teacher. Or better yet, it may teach us on what we need to watch out for so we do not become deceived. Consider Obadiah 1:3: The arrogance of your heart has deceived you...... Arrogance - similar to pride, is it not?

What do you think?

ginnyrose

2007/8/1 12:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Fear of God

Murray,

Your question dogs me....so when I read Jeremiah this morning a couple verses shown out like a beacon and I saw it: Yes, this is a litmus test to discern a true prophet from a false one. Or you could say it is the divide that separates the godly from a professing Christian.

Here it is: Jeremiah 32:38-40: (NASB)
38"They shall be My people, and I will be their God;

39 and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them.

40 "I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

The charactistic here is 'fear of God'. This emotion, act is downplayed as being archaic, having no use in modern Christianity. I think I will opt to believe it applies today.

Hope this will help...

ginnyrose

2007/8/2 11:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy