SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you see the Church, and your relationship with it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
It is not a matter of the amount that one gives, remember the widows mite. It is really more about what he retains and why he retains it,

Amen

2007/8/3 11:05

Re:

Lovehim I just wanted to say that church you were at that told you if you were going to hell if you didn't meet their standard. Many churches have become like the pope, even in declaring one to be saved. No one can forgive sins but Jesus. When any of us declare one saved because of a certain act by oneself or by another we are being pope-ish. The subject we were talking about is not what is required for salvation. No other name in which man can be saved but Jesus, the way, the truth and the life.
I was only expanded on his love being manifested in a person life and not about salvation.

2007/8/3 11:36
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

moe-mac, are you a guy or girl because i keep calling you a guy, i know what you're saying. i don't think that they would say you are not saved if you don't tithe, but they would say that you cannot receive further from Him because you are being disobedient with money (by their standards). many in leadership there know that i disagree with them on this stance, but they will choose to pretty much stay away from me and not talk deep with me because of this and 1 more disagreement over a "minor" doctrinal issue. i think it is sad because though me and you disagree on this issue, i believe that we would be holding hands and witnessing together and stuff like that. i just don't get it sometimes.. it's that kind of stuff that makes one feel like they are walking through a lonely season with God and my wife (and a very few friends..like 1 or 2). anyways, thanks for discussing this brother/sister.

2007/8/3 12:01Profile

Re:

The problem with many men is they declare souls to do this or that, and that it is the Lords will. When the true Lord never spoke to them in a manner or gave them authority such as the Judges, Prophets and Apostles. They clearly speak under their own whims and add a "Thus says the Lord". I will always speak for All To Beware of these men, for they have not been sent unless our Lord has truly sent them. And the Lord will send no man unless he sends authority and power to back the word in which he gave that man.

It comes down to living and breathing, eating and drinking this.

Galatians 2:20

1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

They that live lives such as this are the true Church. The True Body of Believers. They will one day be as one. Unlike the dis-unified Church at its present state that meets in Homes or in a Church Building, Denomination or Non Denomination.

2007/8/3 13:51

Re:

Lovehim I am a male, at least my wife thinks so anyway.Other people might disagree at times. I wished I could convey humor when I say stuff like that with more than a ha ha. I thought you were a female for some reason or another. Nothing you said, that I can remember anything you said that gave me that impression. I don't know how I got it wrong. Anyway you gave the (edit) facts anyway, sorry. About feeling alone, just you God and your wife. I have went through those periods also, as a matter of fact my wife and I have been experencing that much lately. You think God uses those times when he has our undivided attention to teach us things? I think so, at least that is how it seems to me. I have said to my wife, sometimes that I feel like John on the isle of Patmos, difference being, not with the depth of love and devotion that John had for Jesus and also the not the degree of love conveyed as you read God's Words through John. I wished I had that devotion and love that John had. Great sharing our thoughts together.
In Jesus
moe_mac

2007/8/3 17:00
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

brother moe-mac, i am so glad that i have met you. it is so nice to be able to agree/disagree in love because we are brothers in the Lord before we are anything else. no, i am not a female. maybe i will put phil (male) in my signature so that people will know. i remember you calling me sister and i was hoping that you were talking to someone else, but you weren't. that's ok, we know now.

yeah, i know that my times of greatest growth in the Lord is when i feel like nothing is happening and i am alone never going to be used of God to lead people to Him. i just continue to tell myself that i am in the school of the Holy Spirit and He will mold me and change me into Christ likeness. i just have to trust and obey.

2007/8/3 17:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy