SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What can bring revival ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

What can bring revival ?

Revival requires a hunger for the truth,
a desire to seek God's purpose and will,
and a passion for the cross and the
kingdom of God and His righteousness 8-)

2007/7/28 18:37Profile

Re: What can bring revival ?

2 Chron 7:14-15
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
KJV

What could bring the people to do their part?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18126&forum=40&0

2007/8/4 13:40
deadtoself

jamestown ohio

Re:

Revival requires the Holy Spirit of God moving and awakening his Bride. Revival is one of the missions of the Holy Spirit here on this earth. Without the Holy Spirit quickening your lethargic soul all you have left is man-centered and man- produced emotions. Emotion is most assuradly not revival, though revival does include your emotions. Revival is the fear of God, the dreadful awareness of His holiness and the knowledge of your monstrous iniquity, as you cry along with Isaiah "Woe is me, for I am a man of unclean lips and I live among a people of unclean lips".
(Isaiah 8:12-14) "And you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it. It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy. He shall be your fear, and He shall be your dread. Then He shall become a sanctuary.
However, without the Holy Spirit nothing of this sort can happen. Can a dead man command himself to live? Or dry bones command themselves to become flesh? Neither can a revival take place without God's Holy Spirit.

2007/8/17 10:57Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
2 Chron 7:14-15
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
KJV

What could bring the people to do their part?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18126&forum=40&0

Lord, may we humble ourselves, pray, and seek your face, turning from our wicked ways! I have read this Scripture a number of times in my own prayer time for personal revival.

2007/8/17 11:22Profile
Stan53

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re:

Revival? It's simple.
God Talk, me listen.

2007/8/19 21:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy