SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a President or of US or Congressman live a authentic Christian life?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
reformer

Can a President or of US or Congressman live a authentic Christian life?

First let me start out to say: This will not be a political rally. We are not here to discuss present Presidency or past Presidency or even the nominations today. I don't want this to get shut down, because I feel this is an important topic in our country today. Many are using the "Christian" label to get votes. Please do not use this to be antagonist on current administration or even if your are for it! This is not the point.

Obviously we know that Jesus came for all men. But how can leaders in a political position claim to be believers and then behave differently. How can a President serve God and a government?

I do believe their is some out there but sadly we don't here about them. I know of two, but can't remember their names. One is still a Senator and another did his term and went back to his private life.

2007/7/28 18:28Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re: Can a President or of US or Congressman live a authentic Christian life?

To be the leader of a democratic country, you must get votes which stems from being popular.

Luk 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Chris

2007/7/28 18:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Sorry reformer, not right now. Perhaps another day.

Please read the disclaimer below. We are trying to steer these conversations back to what this site is truly about.

2007/7/28 19:00Profile

Quote:

I do believe their is some out there but sadly we don't here about them. I know of two, but can't remember their names. One is still a Senator and another did his term and went back to his private life.

I believe it is possible. We have a state representative and state senator here in Missouri who are strong Christians and have remained faithful to Biblical principles while in office. There are others who have been good but two in particular stick out above others. This one state senator effectually closed down the abortion clinic in Springfield. There is also a US Senator from Florida, Daniel Webster, who is a strong Christian leader. And there is also Tom Tancredo from Colorado. I've met him and was struck with his dependence on God and prayer.

The test comes as to whether a man (or woman) will give in to politics or stand strong on what they believe to be true. When I visited our state capitol a couple years ago I was amazed how much 'politicking' was going on (you vote for my bill, I'll vote for yours, etc). But it is encouraging to see others who don't give in to such pressure.

I know there are more out there...why don't we hear about them? Why would the media want to let us know about such people? You have to dig around to find men like these.

I praise God for the strong Christians who are in government and who are making a difference for good. They may be few and in these last days hope seems to be dwindling...but there are a few faithful 'Daniels' left in the land.

:-)

2007/7/28 19:03

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy