SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 2 News Copters Collide During Car Chase / Crash by Boarded Up Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

2 News Copters Collide During Car Chase / Crash by Boarded Up Church

4 die as U.S. news choppers covering police pursuit crash
Last Updated: Friday, July 27, 2007 | 9:23 PM ET
The Associated Press

Two television news helicopters covering a police pursuit collided in mid-air above the city of Phoenix, Ariz., killing all four people aboard.

Both aircraft went down Friday in a public park in central Phoenix and caught fire.

Two news helicopters fall after colliding in mid-air while covering a police pursuit in central Phoenix, Friday. Two news helicopters fall after colliding in mid-air while covering a police pursuit in central Phoenix, Friday.
(A.J. Alexander/Associated Press)

The two choppers were broadcasting live coverage of police cruisers pursuing a truck. Viewers, however, did not witness the crash as cameras aboard the aircraft were pointed at the ground.

But they saw images from one of the helicopters break up and begin to spin before the station abruptly switched to the studio.

Local TV station KNXV said it owns one of the choppers. The other is from KTVK.

KNXV reporter Craig Smith, who was among the dead, was reporting live as police chased a man driving a construction truck. He had fled a traffic stop and was driving erratically, hitting several cars and driving on the sidewalk at times.
Continue Article

Police had blown the truck's tires, and the man eventually parked it, then carjacked another vehicle nearby.

As police closed in, Smith said, "Oh geez!"

After the picture broke up, the station switched to the studio and then briefly showed regular programming, a soap opera, before announcing that the helicopter had crashed.

The two choppers came down on the grass lawn in front of a boarded-up church at the park. Firefighters swarmed to the area as thick black smoke rose from the scene.

Mary Lewis said she was stuck in traffic with her four grandsons and was watching the helicopters. She turned to talk to the children, then saw a fireball in the air when she looked up again.

"I looked up and I see this 'boom,' and I see one of the helicopters coming down, and I said, 'Oh my God,'" Lewis said. She said she went to the crash site to help, but there was nothing she could do.

"It's nothing there," Lewis said. "Just burned-up stuff."

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/07/27/helicopters-police-arizona.html]Original Link - CBC News[/url]

2007/7/28 4:16
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Enough!

Quote:
"I looked up and I see this 'boom,' and I see one of the helicopters coming down, and I said, 'Oh my God,'" Lewis said. She said she went to the crash site to help, but there was nothing she could do.

Quote:
As police closed in, Smith said, "Oh geez!"

I'm sorry, brethren, but something has to be done here. Does this story have [i]anything[/i] to do with God? With spiritual matters of edification or exhorting? The only mention of God here is for a blasphemous purpose. What is going on in these forums? What has happened to the reverence, the discernement, the beauty of Old Path holiness?

I don't mean to be a party-pooper, but this cancer is spreading into more and more threads, and if not removed, it will soon corrupt all of SermonIndex. I have no authority to remove, but I can and will bring it to the surgeons' attention. This is the one place on the internet where I can call home; clean and pure and solid and godly. I can always come in here and find a nice warm fire going and a cup of hot cocoa waiting. But, lately, things have been different. Furniture is being moved around, strange pin-ups are going up on the walls. Raucous parties almost every night, and when asked to keep the music down, the retorts are getting more and more disrespectful.

I don't mean to be a crusty neighbor, a complaining tenant, [i]but enough really is enough.[/i] I pray the moderators take action soon.

Brother Paul

2007/7/28 10:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

This is the end of this style of posting ... A warning has been given, there will be no more equivocation on this. Cease and desist from these types of postings no matter who you are or you will be removed from participation here. Period.

Locked.

2007/7/28 10:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy