SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
brother ormly, i don't know exactly what you mean with john 17. i just read it and the only thing i seen was where jesus prayed that we may be in Him as He is in the Father..but i don't know exactly what you mean with john 17..

please write back when you get a chance and explain what you mean..

Jesus prayed for His follows to be in union with the Father as He was. Surely you read that part? What do you believe He had in mind when speaking that prayer? Think about that and consider we were begotten in Christ, as Jesus was, before the worlds. [Eph.1] And, since we were begotten again [1 Pet.1,3 kjv], having been restored to a condition whereby we can be groomed for sonship/divinity as Jesus was. "He learned obedience by the things He suffered" [passion]. He showed us the "Way of the Cross" and by the "Work of the Cross" made it all possible that we might partake of the same "passion", "Way of the Cross". On the Cross He said: "It is Finished". This was Father's intention for Adam. It is now His intention for us, that we be brought into Glory.

2007/8/2 6:18

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
It should be as Jesus portraied it in John 17. One with each other and one with God and Christ. If you just keep reading it, it becomes closer and closer to what we are in Christ and each other. It is us in Him, Him in us, and us in God the Father and the Father in us, and the Holy Spirit teaching us more and more about this Oneness we are already in Christ and the Father and the Holy Spirit and each other. Keep it up Orm. Thank you Father, we are getting closer and closer to who we are, son's of the living God our Father. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

Thank you Phillip, for your agreement in this as I believe it needs be seen. However, embracing it is to recognize that it is by the "way of the Cross", the giving up of our "Self" rights to the Father, as Jesus did [Adam was supposed to] that we begin to see the "WHY" of creation; the "WHY" of it all. Oh the Joy of knowing that Heaven is no longer the goal but jointheir-ship with Christ, is! We, the faithful in Christ, [Eph.1.1]are being groomed for such union with the Father. Since we have been begotten again in Him, it is now possible for us to see His Kingdom and enter it. [John 3.3,5] Our striving in this life must be for entering it by the "way of the Cross"... and it can not but be a violent endeavor for most all begotten again in Him. It is the "Pearl of Great price" we can see if we can get beyond thinking redemption is all there is and holding til our knuckles are white until our death.

We need more sermons preached that speak of the whole message of Christ and not just part of it.

2007/8/2 7:02
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called [me] by his grace

"When it pleased God", this is how we all are seperated, by His Grace. Not by the choice of man or the works of man but by the Cross of Christ and His Life we have been given by our new birth.

Then it is revealed to us in His timing. Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward

Praise God it is He who reveals in His timing who we are in Christ. The freedom of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Colossians 1:25-27 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

It is wonderful to see all this happening to you Orm, and I see it in me also. Not my doing but His. Others are being brought to this amazing truth. The Children of God by His Choice.

2007/8/2 16:13Profile

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called [me] by his grace

"When it pleased God", this is how we all are seperated, by His Grace. Not by the choice of man or the works of man but by the Cross of Christ and His Life we have been given by our new birth.

Then it is revealed to us in His timing. Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward

Praise God it is He who reveals in His timing who we are in Christ. The freedom of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Colossians 1:25-27 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

It is wonderful to see all this happening to you Orm, and I see it in me also. Not my doing but His. Others are being brought to this amazing truth. The Children of God by His Choice.

Yes, and how bad does everyone He calls want to be chosen? Isn't that the issue? What do we see absent from the ones called and yet not chosen --- yet believes he is chosen? What's missing in the life of the one who claims the Name of Christ yet speaks little of him?

2007/8/2 16:29
theopenlife

Re:

Ormly, I'm still confused by your posts. You wrote,

Quote:
nd, since we were begotten again [1 Pet.1,3 kjv], having been restored to a condition whereby we can be groomed for sonship/divinity as Jesus was.

Would you please elaborate on your use of the word divinity, and tell me in what we you think the elect shall be made "divine"?

2007/8/2 17:18Profile

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Ormly, I'm still confused by your posts. You wrote,

Quote:
nd, since we were begotten again [1 Pet.1,3 kjv], having been restored to a condition whereby we can be groomed for sonship/divinity as Jesus was.

Would you please elaborate on your use of the word divinity, and tell me in what we you think the elect shall be made "divine"?

Whatelse can Joint-heir-ship with Jesus mean? If He is now 'actually' divine we, who are in the "way of the Cross", also shall be. In 'reality' one might even say are now divine and are working it out with fear and trembling. We will, of necessity, learn obedience by the things we suffer [passion]. In this will be revealed our allegiance to the Father as Jesus demonstrated as the 'way of the cross', the giving up of His rights to Himself.

2007/8/2 19:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy