SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Michael S., you said "we must make distinctions" ....

What the Word says is that HE made the distinctions of individual human conditions/their heart by The Holy Spirit.

We're so autonomous, we don't realise that every work done in our flesh or not by HIS love, not ours, will be burnt up. 1Corth 3 & 13

That's the one law that has gotten lost in all of this. The missing link in Romans 8 and all the words of Jesus, where He said, not one word or action that he said or did came from Himself but by The Father through His Spirit.

He didn't have to work in such utter & total dependence, He was God, but He emptied Himself to become as us for an example onto us.
The first Apostles and Church understood this, but the enemy of our souls has had us working in the flesh as the norm. They say, "Just get out there and do something and talk the talk" and with that you've pleased God.

This is very sad, because it is not acceptable unto The Father.
Why would we live in a way that Jesus didn't ?

He walked in The Spirit, second by second ... getting every "gift" of the Spirit, "the word of knowledge, wisdom, prophecy, healing, miracles" and so on because He depended on God for every word and action.
That is why He could say, I am the Light of the world and now you are the light of the world and "greater things than these shall you do", meaning only greater in numbers because His ministry was shorter than ours.

But we plug along by the letter of the Word rather than by the Spirit.

It's sad and we're missing so many miracles this way and amazing conversions and so forth --- all that He did while here, was His intent for us ... but instead we read books or just read the Bible as any other text.

Total dependence and waiting on God's direction and words is what makes what He did and we should do the "distinctions".

Bless you.

2007/7/29 19:34
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I believe we must preach the kingdom of God and repentance is a part of it, but not everything.
Let us look at 3 examples of how to preach the gospel:
Stephen preached to the Pharisees who later stoned him to death. He had a religious audience and exposed their hypocricy. Philip preached to the Eunuch by explaining the prophet Isajah, there was no hard hitting rebuke neccessary, this man was ready for baptism.
In Acts 17 Paul preached on Mars Hill to pagan unbelievers. He came out a lot less confrontational but nevertheless mentioned repentance and judgement and the resurrection.
We must be able to know from the Spirit what to preach. There is no one fits all. I personally use the law when people are self righteous, but it is not the only tool in my box. Whenever I meet sick people at our outreach we just pray for them, because this is what Jesus commanded us.

Mat 11: 4Jesus replied, "Go back and report to John what you hear and see: 5The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy[b]are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor. 6Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me."

Make sure the gospel is still good news in the end although for most it is the smell of death.

Philip

2007/7/29 20:11Profile

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
I do not believe evangelism is a matter of method but of willingness, and of doctrine.

Willingness? One should be evangelizing from one's life because of a love affair with the Father. See John 17. And what Christian doctrine do you hang your hat upon, Calvin, Armininus, Luther? If you speak Christ which one of these "doctrines" are you offending? Which one speaks of damnation as it's main issue? Did Jesus? Did Paul?

Quote:
I may be willing to tell them they need a savior, but if I cannot tell them why He saves,
how He saves, and what they are being saved from, then here is the issue.

Why not?? Don't you believe you should know that? Isn't that part of having a ready answer? Perhaps you might like to discuss that part of things?

Quote:
Until I heard it taught the way shown by Abraham, and Paul Washer, and Whitefield, I thought that repentance was optional. As it says in Jude, 22-23

"And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

I was the one who needed the fearfulness of my situation to be shown. Thank God someone did.

We must make distinctions.

Indeed, we must. Distinctions are very important.

How about considering redemption to be only a part of the whole message of the gospel and begin asking questions about the "why" of it? How one is to strive to enter the Kingdom of God AFTER his born again experience? How about making the distinction between conversion and regeneration? What is the Pearl of great price or the treasure in the field when discovered, one would sell all he has to buy it? This can not be simply speaking of salvation and converts made at a street meeting, correct?

Lets discuss the whole message of Jesus Christ and see how it will impact your witness.

2007/7/29 20:12
theopenlife

Re:

My experience with evangelism - which, simply put, is the presentation of an available Lord and Savior to all men who will repent and believe - is something like this.

I spend time in prayer each morning, and throughout each day for the Lord to open and prepare the hearts of those I will meet, and those throughout the world, who He sees fit to give understanding to.

During the day I look for opportunities to extend goodness, righteousness, and love to others. I say "I look" but it is the grace of God's Spirit who makes me sensitive to these opportunities.

When possible, I begin conversations with others. If in my spirit I believe I sense the Spirit motivating me to brevity, I will present a brief summation of the whole gospel, often something of the testimony of Christ's present work in sanctifying my life and giving freedom in willing love and obedience to Him.

If the individual does not understand why God is wrathful at sin, or if I believe I sense the Spirit revealing this to me about their condition, I will expound on that subject.

Frequently there is no perception of the Spirit leading me, but the verses come naturally and many secrets of the person's heart are uncovered. I trust this to be the work of the Spirit.

-----

As for which doctrine I "hang my hat upon"...

I desire to preach the "whole counsel of God" to as many as God gives me.

-Righteousness of God
-Sin, it's origin and extensive spread
-Justice of God
-Damnation of the wicked
-Necessity of new birth
-Revelation of the Savior:
The cross, the wrath, the resurrection, our Advocate
-Counting the cost:
The narrow path and the straight gate
-Repentance and faith in Christ's finished work
-Indwelling of God in believers
-A life of submission in love
-Eternal life in heaven for those who are saved

Of course there is not always time for all of these at every street meeting but I often give out cards that sum this up and offer to meet with people again to speak more of these things.

I conclude each night with earnest prayer for those I met, those I will meet, and those you will meet.

God give us grace to be lead.

2007/7/29 20:41Profile

Re: Hey, would this make a good tract ?

Why the Son of God became
the Son of Man!

Every true believer knows that the Babe Who was born of the Virgin Mary in Bethlehem of Judea over 1900 years ago was the Eternal God become flesh. There can be no question about this among us who have been redeemed from our sins by His precious blood. Assuredly, it is a mystery which we can only faintly comprehend with our finite minds, but faith knows that God became Man.

Why did the Son of God become the Son of Man? Why the Incarnation? All who know Him will immediately answer: "He became man in order to die on the Cross for our sins." This is blessedly true. But there are also other reasons given in the Word of God as to why it was necessary for Christ to take a human body, why it was necessary for the Son of God to become the Son of Man. Let us observe from the Word the various reasons for the Incarnation of the Son of God.

1. Christ became Man in order to die on the Cross for our redemption.

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (I Tim. 1: 15). "Even as the Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life a ransom for many" (Matt. 20:28).

2. Christ became Man to break sin's power over the believer.

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Rom. 8:2-4). "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not 1, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of .the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Gal. 2:20).

3. Christ became Man in order to defeat Satan.

"For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil" (I John 3:8). "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage" (Heb. 2:14, 15).

4. Christ became Man in order to manifest God to man.

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him" (John 1:18). "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" (John 14:9).

5. Christ became Man to show believers how to walk--to be the believer's example.

"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked" (I John 2:6). "if, when ye do well and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps" (I Pet. 2:20,21).

6. Christ became Man in order to become our High Priest.

"For verily He took not on Him the nature of angels; but He took on Him (the nature of) the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succor them that are tempted" (Heb. 2: 16-18).

7. Christ became Man to be Israel's King.

"And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call His name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David: and He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of His kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk. 1:30-33). "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth ... and this is His name whereby He shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Jer. 23:5,6).

All these glorious purposes of the Incarnation will be consummated at the Second Coming of Christ. Then will our redemption be completed, when our bodies are redeemed (Rom. 8:23; Eph. 4:30). Sin will then have no more power at all over us, for we shall be like Him (I John 3:2). And though Satan was defeated at the Cross, God still permits him to reign over this world as an usurper. But his power will be completely broken at the return of the Lord Jesus (Rev. 20:1-3). At His return, our Lord shall manifest God as the God of Judgment, even as He manifested Him as the God of love at His First Coming (Isa. 30:18; Psa. 96:13). Christ is now the believer's example, but we so often fall short of following Him. Then we shall be able to follow Him perfectly, for we shall be like Him (I John 3:2). Then too, His Priesthood will be fully consummated, for He reigns, it shall be as a Priest upon His throne (Zech. 6:12, 13). Then He shall occupy His throne, the throne of His father David (Matt. 25:31).

Wonderful coming day. Joy to the world! The Lord is coming back again. "Even so, come Lord Jesus" (Rev. 22:20).

HE HAS COME! HE IS COMING!

Do you know this wonderful Son of God Who became the Son of Man in order to redeem sinners? "But as many as received Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name" (John 1:12).

John B. Marchbanks

2007/7/29 21:05

Re:

Quote:

wrote:
Why the Son of God became
the Son of Man!

Every true believer knows that the Babe Who was born of the Virgin Mary in Bethlehem of Judea over 1900 years ago was the Eternal God become flesh. There can be no question about this among us who have been redeemed from our sins by His precious blood. Assuredly, it is a mystery which we can only faintly comprehend with our finite minds, but faith knows that God became Man.

Why did the Son of God become the Son of Man? Why the Incarnation? All who know Him will immediately answer: "He became man in order to die on the Cross for our sins." This is blessedly true. But there are also other reasons given in the Word of God as to why it was necessary for Christ to take a human body, why it was necessary for the Son of God to become the Son of Man. Let us observe from the Word the various reasons for the Incarnation of the Son of God.

1. Christ became Man in order to die on the Cross for our redemption.

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (I Tim. 1: 15). "Even as the Son of Man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life a ransom for many" (Matt. 20:28).

2. Christ became Man to break sin's power over the believer.

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Rom. 8:2-4). "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not 1, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of .the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Gal. 2:20).

3. Christ became Man in order to defeat Satan.

"For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil" (I John 3:8). "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage" (Heb. 2:14, 15).

4. Christ became Man in order to manifest God to man.

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him" (John 1:18). "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" (John 14:9).

5. Christ became Man to show believers how to walk--to be the believer's example.

"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked" (I John 2:6). "if, when ye do well and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps" (I Pet. 2:20,21).

6. Christ became Man in order to become our High Priest.

"For verily He took not on Him the nature of angels; but He took on Him (the nature of) the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succor them that are tempted" (Heb. 2: 16-18).

7. Christ became Man to be Israel's King.

"And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call His name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David: and He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of His kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk. 1:30-33). "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth ... and this is His name whereby He shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Jer. 23:5,6).

All these glorious purposes of the Incarnation will be consummated at the Second Coming of Christ. Then will our redemption be completed, when our bodies are redeemed (Rom. 8:23; Eph. 4:30). Sin will then have no more power at all over us, for we shall be like Him (I John 3:2). And though Satan was defeated at the Cross, God still permits him to reign over this world as an usurper. But his power will be completely broken at the return of the Lord Jesus (Rev. 20:1-3). At His return, our Lord shall manifest God as the God of Judgment, even as He manifested Him as the God of love at His First Coming (Isa. 30:18; Psa. 96:13). Christ is now the believer's example, but we so often fall short of following Him. Then we shall be able to follow Him perfectly, for we shall be like Him (I John 3:2). Then too, His Priesthood will be fully consummated, for He reigns, it shall be as a Priest upon His throne (Zech. 6:12, 13). Then He shall occupy His throne, the throne of His father David (Matt. 25:31).

Wonderful coming day. Joy to the world! The Lord is coming back again. "Even so, come Lord Jesus" (Rev. 22:20).

HE HAS COME! HE IS COMING!

Do you know this wonderful Son of God Who became the Son of Man in order to redeem sinners? "But as many as received Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name" (John 1:12).

John B. Marchbanks

WHY?

2007/8/1 16:54
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
WHY?

brother ormly, are you asking why He came to do these things? to reconcile man back to His Father. why did He do that? because His Father desired sons and daughters to be with Him (that's what i would say). also because man could not be with Him any other way. God had to do something and something He surely did. :-)

write back, i've enjoyed our talk on this thread.. ;-)

2007/8/1 17:09Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
Quote:
WHY?

brother ormly, are you asking why He came to do these things? to reconcile man back to His Father. why did He do that? because His Father desired sons and daughters to be with Him (that's what i would say). also because man could not be with Him any other way. God had to do something and something He surely did. :-)

write back, i've enjoyed our talk on this thread.. ;-)

Thanks. I believe you are thinking correctly however, taking it just that far doesn't sustain me in my thinking. It's as saying He does it for His pleasure.

Try this: We know that Christ is equal with the Father. That is not arguable however, Christ now has a new human Body in which He dwells. That body of course belongs to Jesus. Ergo, Jesus is the "new" Christ of eternity, the first of first fruits. If as we believe Father is desiring a vast family of sons, they will be just as Jesus. They won't ever be Jesus but, as He is we shall be. Rulers and reigners; joinheirs with Him, divine humans expressing the Fathers Nture and Character throughout the unviverse for all eternity. Now what does that say about what our relationship with the Father should be now? See John 17.

Speaking of Christ:

[i]Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me[/i]
Heb 10:5 (KJV)

2007/8/1 22:55
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

brother ormly, i don't know exactly what you mean with john 17. i just read it and the only thing i seen was where jesus prayed that we may be in Him as He is in the Father..but i don't know exactly what you mean with john 17..

please write back when you get a chance and explain what you mean..

2007/8/1 23:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

It should be as Jesus portraied it in John 17. One with each other and one with God and Christ. If you just keep reading it, it becomes closer and closer to what we are in Christ and each other. It is us in Him, Him in us, and us in God the Father and the Father in us, and the Holy Spirit teaching us more and more about this Oneness we are already in Christ and the Father and the Holy Spirit and each other. Keep it up Orm. Thank you Father, we are getting closer and closer to who we are, son's of the living God our Father. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2007/8/2 4:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy