SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

Who are we supposed to preach the gospel to? "…preach the gospel to every creature." [Mar 16:15] "the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men…" [1Th 3:12] "Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come." [Psa 71:18]"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" [Act 17:30] "For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard." [Act 22:15] "Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place." [Act 21:28] "Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion." [2Ti 4:17] "Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage." [Mat 22:9] "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people," [Rev 14:6]"And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen." [Mar 16:20] "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place." [2Co 2:14] "The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom." [Pro 10:21]

How Often Should We Preach the Gospel (If God enables us)? "Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. Say not unto thy neighbor, Go, and come again, and tomorrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee." [Pro 3:27-28] "Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him." [Act 17:17] "But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus." [Act 19:9] "Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears." [Act 20:31] "And he taught daily in the temple. But the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people sought to destroy him," [Lk 19:47] "When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness." [Lk 22:53] "I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;" [Isa 65:2] "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." [Lk 9:23]"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." [Mat 4:19]

When Should We Teach and Preach? "And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed." [Mk 1:35] "And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction." [Jer 32:33] "For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is a householder, which went out early in the morning to hire laborers into his vineyard." [Mt 20:1] "And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them." [Jn 8:2] "And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught..." [Act 5:21]

Pray For More Laborers. "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" [Rom 10:14-15] "Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest." [Mt 9:38] "Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth laborers into his harvest." [Lk 10:2] "And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God." [Lk 6:12]

Can you be guilty of the blood of others because you failed to warn them? "So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live? Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? [Eze 33:7-11]

Paul had the Word of God from Ezekiel in his heart."And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles." [Act 18:6] "Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God." [Act 20:26-27]

Are you free from the blood of all men? Do you preach, teach, and warn every man that God has called you to warn?"Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:" [Col 1:28] "A man that doeth violence to the blood of any person shall flee to the pit; let no man stay him." [Pro 28:17] "For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" [1Co 9:16]

Go Get My People and Bring Them Home! Go and Bring My Lost Sheep Home! "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." [Lk 15:4-7] "Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;" [Isa 43:5-6] "Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise." [Psa 106:47] "For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city." [Act 18:10] "The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God." [Isa 10:21] "And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there." [Isa 65:9] "Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." [2Ti 2:10] "For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts." [Mal 1:11] "And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily." [Act 16:5] "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." [Act 2:46-47]

All Christians Are Called To Preach The Gospel.
"Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God." [Lk 9:60] "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." [Lk 9:62] "And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent." [Lk 4:43] "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." [1Jn 2:6] "Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you." [Jn 20:21] "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences." [2Co 5:11]

(Edit: Line breaks taken out, headings taken out, bolded letters removed, and intro comments deleted.)

2007/7/28 3:36

Re: An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

What is the message of the gospel that should be preached?

Jesus said go and make disciples. How do you make a disciple out of an unbeliever? One has to be believer, right? If so, then when you preach, how should you preach? What should be your message?

2007/7/28 8:28
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:

brother ormly, the only message i know is that "Jesus came into the world to save sinners. He died, not only for our sins, but the sins of the whole world. and if you will repent of your sins and receive Him, He will give you new life to follow Him. if you will humble yourself, He will give you grace".

sorry it's not more elequent, but repentance, faith and self-sacrifice is the only message i know to preach.

"for i desired to know nothing among you save Jesus Christ and Him crucified"

2007/7/28 10:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: An Urgent Plea (from the Scriptures) To Go and Preach the Gospel!

Abe_Juliot,

[b]5. Do not overuse:[/b]
-Emoticons (i.e., :#, :), or :8 )
-Line breaks or CAPITALS
-Nested quotes/code BBCode
-Giant or tiny font sizes or ugly, hard to read colors.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14144&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/url]

2007/7/28 11:04Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
Quote:

brother ormly, the only message i know is that "Jesus came into the world to save sinners. He died, not only for our sins, but the sins of the whole world. and if you will repent of your sins and receive Him, He will give you new life to follow Him. if you will humble yourself, He will give you grace".

sorry it's not more elequent, but repentance, faith and self-sacrifice is the only message i know to preach.

"for i desired to know nothing among you save Jesus Christ and Him crucified"

There is much I could draw you into but let me simply ask, if you are successful in "converting" one to Jesus Christ is "regeneration" by Him a given?

Perhaps another way for me to ask is, would it be by your words and a simple confession by them they are converted and that brings them into the fold?

Is our understanding of making disciples simply that we convert folk to Jesus or, if they are regenerated upon being converted, born again, to nuture them in their new life experience? Jesus said make disciples. Of whom, I ask, and what for if after conversion and regeneration, Heaven is no longer an issue.

If I were to say to you, preach the word as if everyone was saved, what would you preach?

[i]"And he that was sown upon the rocky places, this is he that heareth the word, and straightway with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but endureth for a while; and when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, straightway he stumbleth".[/i] Matthew 13:20-21 (ASV)

2007/7/28 11:23

Re:

Quote:

I would simply exhort you to read the book of Romans, study it, memorize scriptures in it, pray through it, and proclaim it by teaching and preaching it (if it's burning in your heart).

God bless you! -Abraham

2007/7/28 11:54

Re:

Quote:

Abe_Juliot wrote:
Quote:

I would simply exhort you to read the book of Romans, study it, memorize scriptures in it, pray through it, and proclaim it by teaching and preaching it (if it's burning in your heart).

God bless you! -Abraham

I know about that but that is not the question I asked you. You have not addressed anything I submitted to you. If you don't have any answers, say so. That's not a crime. What is a crime is preaching without knowledge.

2007/7/28 12:33
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
There is much I could draw you into but let me simply ask, if you are successful in "converting" one to Jesus Christ is "regeneration" by Him a given?

Perhaps another way for me to ask is, would it be by your words and a simple confession by them they are converted and that brings them into the fold?

i believe that the Lord sees the heart of the one who is professing to "believe". so if they are truly coming to Him and forsaking self, i believe that there is sufficient scripture that shows that He is ready and willing to pour His life into the one hungering and thirsting for Him.

do i think because people raise their hand and pray a prayer that they are "born again"? no. we are only born again when we have received our pardon and been filled with the Holy Spirit. like i said above, the Lord sees the true heart.
Quote:
Is our understanding of making disciples simply that we convert folk to Jesus or, if they are regenerated upon being converted, born again, to nuture them in their new life experience?

my understanding from scripture is to convert unbelievers and let God grant them new life and then nurture them to be disciples of Christ.
Quote:
Jesus said make disciples. Of whom, I ask, and what for if after conversion and regeneration, Heaven is no longer an issue.

brother, heaven is not my goal, only Christ is. i only long to continue to grow in Him and be where He is. if He would be in the deepest hell, then i would long to be there with Him. do you see what i am saying?? i only want to know Him and be where He is.
Quote:
If I were to say to you, preach the word as if everyone was saved, what would you preach?

"But what things were gain to me, these i have counted loss for Christ. But indeed i also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom i have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that i may gain Christ. and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; THAT I MAY KNOW HIM and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, i may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that i have already attained, or am already perfected; but i press on, that i lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, i do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing i do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, i press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus". (phil 3:7-14)

thank you brother ormly for the conversation.

2007/7/28 12:40Profile

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
i believe that the Lord sees the heart of the one who is professing to "believe". so if they are truly coming to Him and forsaking self, i believe that there is sufficient scripture that shows that He is ready and willing to pour His life into the one hungering and thirsting for Him.

Amen!!

Quote:
do i think because people raise their hand and pray a prayer that they are "born again"? no. we are only born again when we have received our pardon and been filled with the Holy Spirit. like i said above, the Lord sees the true heart.

Would you not agree that that requires a revelation of Jesus Christ?

Quote:
Is our understanding of making disciples simply that we convert folk to Jesus or, if they are regenerated upon being converted, born again, to nuture them in their new life experience

my understanding from scripture is to convert unbelievers and let God grant them new life and then nurture them to be disciples of Christ.

Great! So it is by persuasion we might win some and regeneration by the Holy Spirit that would be the result of their hungering and thirsting if conversion resulted in a "poverty spirit", if I read you correctly.

I Think we are on to something, Phillip.

Quote:
Jesus said make disciples. Of whom, I ask, and what for if after conversion and regeneration, Heaven is no longer an issue.

Quote:
brother, heaven is not my goal, only Christ is. i only long to continue to grow in Him and be where He is. if He would be in the deepest hell, then i would long to be there with Him. do you see what i am saying?? i only want to know Him and be where He is.

Indeed! So what is the sustaining message of the gospel except that by revelation from Him, is that which speaks of Sonship and Heirship and Throneship; union with the Father. Certainly this MUST be the vision that sustains the revelation He gives upon regeneration.

Now, if I were to say to you, preach the word as if everyone was saved, what would you preach? Assume much here. You would so find out who was who.

Thank you, Phillip

2007/7/28 13:02
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
Would you not agree that that requires a revelation of Jesus Christ?

i would definitely agree.
Quote:
Great! So it is by persuasion we might win some and regeneration by the Holy Spirit that would be the result of their hungering and thirsting if conversion resulted in a "poverty spirit", if I read you correctly.

i would also agree with this again. i am curious to see where you are going with this.. :-)
Quote:
Indeed! So what is the sustaining message of the gospel except that by revelation from Him, is that which speaks of Sonship and Heirship and Throneship; union with the Father. Certainly this MUST be the vision that sustains the revelation He gives upon regeneration.

i need you to clarify what you mean by this. i think i understand what you are saying, but i want to be for sure..
Quote:
Now, if I were to say to you, preach the word as if everyone was saved, what would you preach? Assume much here. You would so find out who was who.

what do you mean by "you would so find out who was who"?? what does that mean??

thanks for talking brother. this is a little better than the other thread. :-P

2007/7/28 13:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy