SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Watchman Nee Quotes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Watchman Nee Quotes

"In respect of his DIVINITY the Lord Jesus REMAINS UNIQUELY the only begotten Son of God." The Normal Christian Life

"Spiritual warfare accordingly demands an attitude of total death to feeling and an absolute trust in God. Only a person with this attitude can bear up alone and not seek companions or man's approval in fighting the enemy. Only this caliber of Christian can proceed under all sorts of anguished feelings. He cares not al all for his life nor about death but only cares for the leading of God. He indulges no personal interest, desire, or longing. He has offered himself to death already and then lives exclusively for God. He nether blames nor misunderstands Him because he considers all His ways to be loving. This is the class of person who is able to fill the breach. Though he may appear to be deserted by God and forgotten by men, yet he mans his battle station. He is a prayer warrior. He overcomes Satan." The Spiritual Man, Vol II

"Satan has disguised himself as an angel of light to lead saints to worship with their intellect a Jesus other than the Lord, to receive a spirit other than the Holy Spirit, and by these to propagate a gospel other than the gospel of the grace of God." The Spiritual Man, Vol III

"The spiritual path does not yield any enjoyment to the person himself; it is instead a life of daily fighting. To remove warfare from a spiritual life is to render it unspiritual. Life in the spirit is a suffering way, filled with watching and laboring, burdened by weariness and trial, punctuated by heartbreak and conflict. It is a life utterly outpoured entirely for the kingdom of God and lived in complete disregard for one's personal happiness." The Spiritual Man, Vol II

"Some people perhaps may consider themselves extremely wise in their ability to advance many arguments against the gospel; others may take for granted that unbelief is due to dullness of understanding; but the truth in both cases is that the eyes of man's mind have been covered by Satan... It is difficult to estimate how much of the world's philosophy, ethics, knowledge, research, and science flow from the powers of darkness. But of one point we are certain: all arguments and proud obstacles against the knowledge of God are the fortresses of the enemy." The Spiritual Man, Vol III

"Except a man receive God's new life and serve Him therein, every bit of service for God is but the work of the flesh. His intention to serve and even to suffer for Him is vain. Before he is regenerated, his will, even though it may be inclined towards good and God, is futile. For it is not what fallen man intends to do for God but how God Himself wishes man to do for Him that really counts in God's eyes. Man may devise and initiate countless notable works for God; nonetheless, if they do not originate with God they are nothing more than will-worship." The Spiritual Man, Vol III

"Man is not regenerated because he wills it so. He must be born of God. Nowadays Christians entertain the incorrect concept that if anyone wishes to be saved and seeks the way of life he undoubtedly will be a good disciple of Christ, for nothing can be better than this desire. God nonetheless affirms that in this matter of regeneration as well as in all other matters related to Him, the will of man is totally nonefficacious." The Spiritual Man, Vol III

"In salvation, we are saved not because we want to be saved but because God wants to save us; and so it is to be throughout our lives. We need to see that aside from what God does through us, all other activities, however commendable they may be, are utterly nonefficacious." The Spiritual Man, Vol III

"According to the actual condition of man, while he is a sinner his will is rebellious against God. Therefore God must bring men to Himself as well as grant them new life." The Spiritual Man, Vol III
"Man's spirit needs to be quickened because it is born dead." The Spiritual Man, Vol I

"To be penitent, to feel sorry for sin, to shed tears, to even make decisions does not bring in salvation. Confession, decision, and many other religious acts can never be and are not to be construed as new birth." The Spiritual Man, Vol I
"At regeneration man receives God's own life into his spirit and is born of God." The Spiritual Man, Vol I

"He who is not united with the Lord has not yet believed and therefore has no part in Him." The Spiritual Man, Vol I

"Once a man is born of God he can never be treated by God as not having been so born of Him. However endless eternity may be, this relationship and this position cannot be annulled. This is because what a believer receives at new birth is not contingent upon a progressive, spiritual and holy pursuit after he believes but is the pure gift of God. What God bestows is eternal life. No possibility exists for this life and position to be abrogated." The Spiritual Man, Vol I

"If we who are responsible for preaching the gospel truly perceive that unless people receive God's life into the depths of their beings we have not done anything profitable, then what a drastic reformation will there be in our work! Indeed, such knowledge will brings us to the realization that many who do profess to believe in the Lord Jesus have never actually done so." The Spiritual Man, Vol I

"It is vital that each believer know beyond doubt he has been regenerated already and has received new life." The Spiritual Man, Vol I
"God makes it quite clear in his Word that he has only one answer to every human need -- his Son, Jesus Christ." The Normal Christian Life

"The Son of God died instead of us for our forgiveness; he lives instead of us for our deliverance. So we can speak of two substitutions -- a Substitute on the Cross who secures our forgiveness and a Substitute within who secures our victory." The Normal Christian Life

"I need forgiveness for my sins, but I need also deliverance from the power of sin... I appreciate the blessed fact of God's forgiveness, but I want something more than that: I want deliverance. I need forgiveness for what I have done, but I need also deliverance from what I am." The Normal Christian Life

"The Blood deals with what we have done, whereas the Cross deals with what we are. The Blood disposes of our sins, while the Cross strikes at the root of our capacity for sin." The Normal Christian Life

"We should understand that the meaning of our body as the temple of the Holy Spirit is more than its being the recipient of a special privilege. It likewise means being a channel for effective power." The Spiritual Man, Vol III

2007/7/27 17:37Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: Watchman Nee Quotes

brother hmmhmm,

thank you so very much for the quotes. how refrshing to read the heart of his quotes is simply Jesus. when i was a brand new believer, besides the word, his writings were like manna from heaven for me. his books, (especially the Normal Christian Life), helped me so much to understand the work of Christ on the cross as it relates to the our forgiveness and self-life.

once again, thanks hmmhmm, i enjoyed reading these words. wonderful post.

2007/7/27 17:53Profile
Friedrick

Nicaragua

Re: Watchman Nee Quotes

"I want nothing for myself; I want everything for the Lord." - Watchman Nee

Kinnear, Angus. Against the Tide. First Published 1974

2007/7/27 20:03Profile
brokenvessel

Re:

Amen, brother.

I, too read the Normal Christian Life 4 years ago while taking care of my sister who had cancer. The book was so profound and I was reading certain excerpts of it to my dear sister. Someone in the church saw me reading it to her and told me to read some other books to her instead because she said this book is a difficult book and meant for more matured christian. I was given a list of scripture verses to qoute to her and also the 'Who I am in Christ' from Neil Anderson's book.(can't remember the title now)

I was born in a Christian family and have been attending sunday school, youth fellowship, church services and so forth since young but it was only about 5 years ago that I was born again and I started reading the bible and a whole lot of christian books. But, this book by Watchman Nee really opens my eyes and the heart of my understanding and til today it's still one of my favourite books. I recommend it to anyone who has not read it.

thank you again brother hmmhmm for this wonderful posting.

2007/7/27 20:44Profile

Re:

Brokenvessel, I found it funny that you were told anyone can be too young to read Nee's books. I heard that once too.
Nee wrote The Spiritual Man when he was only saved 5 years.

In '81 I had to take charge of a women's group.
They were all just regular housewives that barely knew the Bible at all.
We had a couple of meetings and got that hunger up for His Word, because they were led to believe that because they were mother's and housewives that they didn't need to know God's Word, that that was the Pastor's job only and basically.
After a month of getting up that hunger for the Word, they dug right into Nee books. And the youth group did too. Ha. It was funny and great at the same time.
He's got 60 books total so you can imagine how funny it was to see these housewives and youth scouring every book store to have more. Ha.

Sentinel Kulp took snippets from all 60 of Nee's books and put them in one called, Secrets to Spiritual Power. I read them mostly all in the 1980's but got this Kulp compilation when it came out just some years ago.

No one Author is innerent, but for spiritual growth and other spiritual matters, Nee was great. Or is great. Also T.A. Sparks. They take you to where you are seated with Christ and try to keep you there.

God bless you brokenvessel.

Thank you hmmhmm and enjoyed all the replies too.
Sometimes his picture comes up on the homepage smiling. :-)

2007/7/27 21:40
brokenvessel

Re:

Hi, :-)

I do think you are a 'cool' grannie and I am learning quite a lot of things from your sharing.

Yes, I have been reading some of T.A. Sparks and I really thank God for men like him, these are men who truly knew the Lord.

Sentinel Kulp, what a name! Would I be able to read his compilation online? Where can I get the book?

God bless and remembering you and your household in prayer.

2007/7/27 21:56Profile

Re:

Hi SingMing, how are you ?

How is your daughter ?

Praise God for these books and all.
I looked for it as low priced as I could find, it normally sells for $12.99 but I found a second hand place on line.

I've never bought anything on line, so I don't know how to do it, but here's the address ....

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/isbn/0883684985

Praying you all are well over there.

I knew you were praying for us.
It's been a blessing knowing that, more than you know. :-) Thank you! Looking forward to meeting you.

In His Love.
Annie

2007/7/28 0:53
brokenvessel

Re:

Hi,

Just got back from visiting somebody.

My daughter is doing fine, waiting for the baby any day now.
Then I'll be a cool grannie like you. Hehee

Like you, I don't buy things online, don't have a credit card. I;m more comfortable buying things by cash.
My dear husband is the one I turn to when I want to get a book online.They'll ship it to his address in California and when he comes back to Malaysia, he'll bring it back for me.

Thanks for the link. Will definitely check it out.

God bless
singming

2007/7/28 1:06Profile

Re:

Hi SingMing,

This morning I woke thinking of brother Manfred.
I haven't seen him around, but I got my largest download of T.A. Sparks from when he used to post Sparks' articles.

He was very knowledgable about Watchman Nee and though I had read many of Nee's books, when Manfred said that Nee had an area where he was off, I listened.
I asked him what. He said in "Authority".
I fell out of bed this morning remembering that -Ha - and felt I should pass that on to you also, seeing that I promoted Nee's works.
I still love Nee, but I was very grateful to Manfred for reminding me of that and quickening my spirit to that, Nee went too far on others having authority over our souls/spirits. That can become cultish and stunts a person's growth, so that they do not look for nor abide in the presence of GOD Himself.
When one comes under too much authority, it is like a type of bondage that they are in and cannot grow any further than those they are under.
If a Pastor or anyone tries to control over a God given limit, than that is Demonic. Satan "controls" --- the Lord brings liberty to follow Him in "Spirit and Truth" and our own Freewill. If we only obey because a 'law' is placed on us, than it is not out of our Love and freedom in Christ. God gives the option in one hand and then rewards our obedience to Him, that is generated from a heart of 'Love' that's is obeying of it's own freewill.
That is another reason freewill is so very important. Control tries to rob a person of that God given freewill and ability to interact with fellow Christians in different areas.
It's important to see when control is demonic.

What makes us obedient Christians is obedience onto God Personally because we LOVE HIM. That can be plainly seen in the Gospel of John and John's epistles. We obey Him and [b]His[/b] Word and not the laws made up by a person.

If we come out of their grip, we are free to hear from HIM again.

There are not enough books out there that speak of this, but I know Jesse Penn-Lewis is an eye opener of how spiritual entities work through people and the counterfeits of 'control' etc..
That is why when men take "titles" onto themselves they are looking for "authority and control" [i]because of[/i] their title, instead of just being equal to the rest of the body parts of The Body of Christ .... there is only ONE HEAD of the Body and ALL must come under His Love and walk in His Love only.
I was given this link from a learned sister years ago. The whole Site is pretty good but I'm giving the link that she gave ......
http://www.rickross.com/coping.html#Cult_Personality
There are even better sites than this one, I will try to find the others, but she had given this one to those in a group that was dangerous.
It will help to see 'control' from men or women.
LORD Bless you.

Anyhow, let us know when you become Grandmama :-D . Will be looking for that Happy Day.
How often does your husband get to come home to Malaysia ?
You all will stay in my prayers dear sister.

See you when HE comes.
Love.
Annie

Edit plus found better start page. Lord Bless.

2007/7/29 10:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy