SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do We Today Have Power Over Wicked Spirits & Do They Read The SI Forum? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

Do We Today Have Power Over Wicked Spirits & Do They Read The SI Forum? ...

The reason for this thread is because i'd like some feedback as to what other saints might think about a question i was asked over on another thread ...

[b]The Question;
"Do you really think that 'foul, abusive, wicked and unclean spirits' can 'repent"? ... and what makes you think they read SermonIndex?"[/b]

Now to put this into proper perspective i have to share why i was asked this question ... It came out of my posting this prayer as solution to a thread/subject that was clearly not being discussed under the power of Holy Spirit ... See i'm a believer who really believes that just as there is God and all His righteous spirts around us, there are also satan and all his wicked spirits too ... i also believe that satan's minions are a conciderable amount since he rules over a third of all the angels God initially created (and that's a lot) ... Then there are the demons, whom i personally believe are the disembodied spirits of the pre Flood dead Nephilim who are still roaming our earth in search of posessing the bodies of poor unfortunate humans ... Regardless of where they come from, we know from scripture that all these evil entities exist, and that Paul tells us they are are true advesaries of which we must have on the whole spiritual armour of God to battle ... So if i sense in my spirit (which i believe Holy Spirit bears witness to in my spirit = discernment) the presence of something wickedly super-natural behind a person) i'll address the super-natural entity, whether by post in Forum as here on SI, or even if the person who i sense is being utilized is standing right before me ... [b]Anyhow this was ...

The Prayer:
"i come against every foul, abusive, wicked and unclean spirit for whatever the reason that you've been drawn to this thread, and i cast you out, whether you're in or on your host, by the power of the Blood of Christ ... And i call upon Holy Spirit to either supernaturally banish you from this site , or to convict you to repentance from your foul condition if in fact you're already saved, or unto salvation if you're not ... And yes our Lord has given me enough faith to call it done right now in the name of Jesus, and His power in this direction will only increase as other like minded saints touch and agree with this prayer ... Devil(s) i take authority over you, and command you, in the mighty name of Jesus of Nazareth, and by the power of Christ shed blood on Calvary, and the might of Holy Spirit, the same loosing outworking of Acts 16: 16-18 and Mark 5: 2-8 ... Amen"[/b]

Now first off of course i know it is impossible for any foul, abusive, wicked and unclean spirit in the super-natural realm under Satan to repent, their fate to the eventual confines of an eternal hell are the same as his ... But i do believe that as one redeemed by Christ to the use of His name in coming against all wicked principalities that i have that same power in this earthen vessel to scatter the forces of the enemy with a "word", and yea even a "post" ... i totally believe that there are some souls even today who are possessed of evil spirits, that will not be able to come to our Lord without some other saint foolish enough to believe that we can still cast out devils to the benefit of someone coming into right mind enough to accept Christ as Saviour ... Just as after that i don't believe that a truly saved saint, now indwealt by Holy Spirit, can ever be possesed again, tho i believe that until said saint comes into a certainain maturity in defending/resting himself with the Word of God we can still be oppressed (picked at), taunted) by wicked spirits ... So i'm also one of those foolish saints who in tandem with prayer for a fellow saint embattled will also address wicked spirits directly ... i believe that Luke 10: [17] "Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name" applies to us today, while also keeping in mind what Jesus said was much more important [20] "Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

Now as to the second part of the question, "Do i think evil spirits read SI Forum" ... You bet i do!!! ... i believe that just as Holy Spirit directs his own to this site to be built up, Satan directs his own here to disrupt and tear down ... And let me make the point that i know satan has nowhere near the power of Holy Spirit, and in all probability has only a general decree to his own to seek out and destroy anything and/or anybody who's truly serious about being used of God to sink his battleship and of which i'm sure when they find they report back, in other words he ain't all knowing, and can't be in all places at the same time ... To put this in perspective i find it mind blowing that pre-flood angels actually had the power to mimic putting on flesh, and all else necessary to actually sireing children, so i don't think our earth is nowhere as vast to satan or any of his fallen angelic crew as it seems to us ... He is, as scripture points out, a powerful enemy, one who scripture says roams back and forth in the earth seeking whom he may devour ... One that Daniel teaches us even Michael the Archangel doesn't confront without the Lord's name in front of the rebuke, and i'm sure we're all puny in his eyesight until we come to Christ and His power indwells our earthen vessel ... That throws a real black-eye in the game, and i think one that changes his strategy towards us ... How does he stop us from recognizing our new indwelling Power, and especially that of keeping us from realizing more and more the potential of that Power by our staying in constant repentance before Him in keeping up our end of this new partnership by delivering our bodies as living sacrifices to Him as our reasonable service that the Power can operate in holy freedom thru us toward tearing his kingdom asunder!

In closing not only do i believe wicked spirits read SI Forum, i believe satan himself does (however a cherub reads) ... i believe satan doesn't waste his own personal time with anyone or any-BODY unless he sees God manuevering them as a major threat, and as sad as it may be, from my perspective and in the circle of saints our Lord has me in, i've not encountered anyone or anything else as powerful as SermonIndex in it's content, and congregation of saints from all over the planet who seek THE MOTHER OF ALL REVIVAL of the only force on earth satan has any fear of, and that's THE CHURCH OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!

The Word says "Whatsoever is not of faith is sin" ... Call me crazy about my beliefs and i know i have many that give some pause, that's ok by me, but it's what i believe, as i believe it's what scripture shows me, and i act on what i believe, often when i don't even want to, and also believeing that if i'm amiss He has promised that He'll work it to my good ...

Bless you all in the beloved name of our Father which art in heaven, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who sits at His right hand and in whom we are already seated in heavenly places, and of Holy Spirit, our Comforter, Counselor, Power and Gifter of as much faith as any of us could ever need to get His will done here on earth, as it already is in heaven, if we'd just completely SURRENDER ... There in the latter lies the rub!

[b]MY PRAYER FOR THIS THREAD ...

Holy Spirit ... You are the Lord Creator Spirit, the most powerful of any power or pricipality because You are God ... In Jesus name, and to the glory of the Father, i ask You to not allow this thread to be turned into a place where any foul, abusive, unclean, disruptive spirit can feel comfortable in doing the will of
the wicked one ... Amen[/b]

2007/7/27 17:27Profile

Re: Do We Today Have Power Over Wicked Spirits & Do They Read The SI Forum? ...

Brother, I prayed yesterday that you would clear this up. I wasn't sure what you meant by "repentance" at that time neither and I'm sorry that in this form of impersonal means of communicating that we must be so very specific in each and every word we type. Phew - it's exhausting, but I'm glad the Lord spoke to your heart to clarify.

I agree with you 99.99% --- even of what the controversial "Nephilim" were.

The only place I may have any difference, but you can teach me more about, is that we are capable of binding them against this Site.

BUT, I fully agree that we should be praying constantly, I mean, [b]pray without ceasing --- as in "walk in The Spirit".... same thing.[/b]

I think we can only handle things one situation at a time. I pray no division of The Body come here more than anything. Peter didn't even know he was being a mouth piece for Satan.

Paul cast that demon out of that woman that followed them for days --- EVEN THOUGH she was not saying anything but prompting their work.

If you have discernment brother - that is good.
That is what Paul did.

That's all we have is our Bibles to critique you with ... if it is put into our memories or spirit to fully know it. So I don't see where you should have much disruption with this.

At least I pray not. :-)

We may not all fully agree and that doesn't make the one disagreeing with us from demons, but 'sometimes', the 'heat' comes from that direction, not from the disagreeing.

I'm not big on seeing demons behind every door knob and I don't believe you are neither.

According to folks like Watchman Nee, the "flesh" can be just as treacherous as demons can be.

Thanks for coming back with these clarifying points.

Love with Christ.

2007/7/27 17:55
jarona

The Earth

The Question;
"Do you really think that 'foul, abusive, wicked and unclean spirits' can 'repent"? ... and what makes you think they read SermonIndex?"

I absolutely do not think that demons can repent; there judgement is everlasting condemnation in hell which was created for the devil and his angels. The fact that a demon (and I say fact because it applies to certain things I have learned) can read a sermon index post is because they are upon or within a person or loose around them and is able to read because THEY ARE FAR MORE INTELLIGENT THAN A HUMAN BEING. THEY ARE A SPIRITUAL ENTITY, MANY WHICH HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR CENTURIES AND CENTURIES IN THE U.S. NOT ALL EVIL SPIRITS CAN SPEAK ENGLISH FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THROUGH MY LEARNING (WHETHER THEY CAN SPEAK ENGLISH OR NOT DEPENDS ON WHETHER THEY'VE LEARNED IT) AND NOT BEING ALL KNOWING THEY HAVE TO STUDY A LANGUAGE, FOR INSTANCE IF A DEMON HAS WORKED IN INDIA AND NEPAL FOR CENTURIES IT MAY NOT KNOW ENGLISH BECAUSE OF ITS ASSIGNED PLACE TO WORK. IN BLUMHARDTS' (I THINK THAT IS HOW IT IS SPELLED) BLUMHARDTS' BATTLE: A CONFLICT WITH SATAN , THE MAN ADDRESSES HOW DEMONS WHO SPOKE A CERTAIN GERMAN TONGUE SEEMED TO NOT BE FLUENT IN GERMAN, BUT I THINK HE SAID WERE SPEAKING ANOTHER LANGUAGE THAT HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND. THEY MAY HAVE HAD ANOTHER OR VARIOUS OTHER EARTHLY LANGUAGES THAT THEY COULD SPEAK FLUENTLY BUT GERMAN THEY HAD NOT LEARNED WELL ENOUGH YET BUT HAD SPOKE AS IF SOMEONE WHO HAD NOT BEEN SPEAKING GERMAN FOR A LONG TIME. (I THINK THAT IS HOW THE STORY GOES FROM WHAT I CAN REMEMBER OF IT, THERE IS AN EBOOK OF THAT BOOK ONLINE)ANOTHER ACCOUNT IS A BOOK CALLED THE DEVIL AND KAREN KINGSTON WHICH IS A TESTIMONY OF A THREE DAY EXORCISM WITH A MENTALLY ILL CHILD IN WHICH A DEMON WROTE THROUGH HER, KAREN WAS RETARDED AND UNABLE TO WRITE. AND THE FOUL SPIRIT WROTE WHEN IT HAD POSESSED HER BODY. ANYWAYS I MAY HAVE WENT OFF THERE A BIT, SO TO SAY. SO YES I BELIEVE DEMONS WHO ARE FAR MORE INTELLIGENT THAN WE ARE CAN READ POSTS ON THIS WEBSITE.

Quote:
i have that same power in this earthen vessel to scatter the forces of the enemy with a "word", and yea even a "post" ...

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
Quote:
So if i sense in my spirit (which i believe Holy Spirit bears witness to in my spirit = discernment) the presence of something wickedly super-natural behind a person) i'll address the super-natural entity, whether by post in Forum as here on SI, or even if the person who i sense is being utilized is standing right before me ...

NOT SAYING THAT YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO, BUT IT IS KEY TO SEEK GODS' WISDOM AS TO WHEN TO ATTEMPT TO CAST OUT A SPIRIT OR NOT, THERE ARE GROUNDS WHERE IT IS CORRECT AND IN GODS WILL TO DO SO AND THERE ARE TIMES WHEN IT IS NOT. I PERCEIVE THAT YOU ARE ZEALOUS AND THAT GOD WILL OPEN DOORS FOR YOU, YOU WILL GROW IN UNDERSTANDING, AND BE GUIDED BY THE HAND OF GOD, THERE WILL COME A TIME AND PLACE WHEN GOD ISSUES TO YOURSELF TO GO AND ACT UPON HIS SPIRIT WHICH IS IN YOU, AND THAT THE ENEMY WILL BE UPROOTED FROM PLACES BECAUSE OF YOUR FAITH AND OBEDIENCE TO HIS WILL. YOU WILL GROW IN DISCERNMENT AND IN BEING SPIRITUALLY MINDED, GOD IS WITH YOU INDEED. I'LL MESSAGE YOU WITH SOMETHING I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW ABOUT, ANYONE WHO WANTS GOOD SOURCES ON HERE CONCERNING DEMONIC OPPRESSION OR THE KINGDOM OF SATAN, AND SPIRITUAL WARFARE YOU CAN PM ME AND REQUEST SO AND I CAN GIVE YOU A NUMBER OF SOURCES THAT GOD HAS BORE WITNESS TO ME THAT THEY ARE IN HIS WILL AND HAVE RECEIVED WISDOM FROM GOD CONCERNING THESE MATTERS; INSTEAD OF JUDGING AND THINKING THAT MIGHT NOT BE SO, WHY DON'T YOU YOURSELF GET A SOURCE FROM ME LISTEN TO IT, PRAY ABOUT IT, AND THEN COME ON HERE AND POST THAT I AM MISLEAD INSTEAD OF JUST PRESUMING SO!

Quote:
and i'm sure we're all puny in his eyesight until we come to Christ and His power indwells our earthen vessel ...

WE ARE STILL VERY PUNY COMPARED TO THE POWER AND BEING OF THESE BEINGS (FOUL SPIRITS) BUT WE CAN PUT THEM TO OPEN SHAME BY USING WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN US TO IMPACT THE KINGDOM OF SATAN. IT COULD BE COMPARED TO AN ANT TELLING YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO MOVE, AND YOU HAVE TO BECAUSE IT SAID SO, BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF US, BUT THE NAME OF CHRIST THAT IS ABOVE EVERY OTHER NAME,
(PHIL. 2:8-11)THAT THE SPIRIT IS SUBJECT TO LEAVE WHEN IT IS COMMANDED OR TOLD TO LEAVE IN FAITH IN CHRIST AND THE LEGAL GROUNDS OF THE SPIRIT ARE BROKEN. I COULD GO ON ALOT MORE PROBABLY BUT I'LL JUST END THIS POST SOON. IT IS GREAT THAT IT SEEMS YOU HAVE AN OPEN HEART TOWARDS UNDERSTANDING SPIRITUAL WARFARE, BINDING AND LOOSING, ETC. WHEN THE ENEMY AND THERE WAYS ARE EXPOSED THEY CAN BE DEALT WITH BUT WHEN NOT THEY REMAIN HIDDEN AND THEY CAN REMAIN DESTROYING, BLINDING, AND KEEPING US AWAY FROM THE TRUTH! --- JARON

2007/7/27 20:54Profile

Hi Bro Rahman

I sent a pm on this recently, but just to add a little :-).

I don't think the prayer you posted was necessarily wrong, but got the impression that you thought posting a certain "form of words" against Enemy influence is always the method we should use. But it’s vital to discern what [i][u]the Lord[/u][/i] is doing and telling us to do in response. There is no set prayer or “formula”. Prayer isn’t in saying certain words to get a certain result, (magic does that, and is utterly forbidden!), but flows out of our relationship with the Lord.

Maybe you fully realise all that, in which case I apologise, but that wasn't the original impression I received.

In Him

Jeannette

2007/7/28 15:29

Re:

In the case of dissention and quarrelsomeness, maybe the key to discernment is to ask ourselves if an individual emanates a subtle power that seems to be more than merely his own human reaction or tactlessness.

Is there something manipulative that stirs up anger in our hearts where it isn’t really appropriate? Or is it simply a case that someone feels passionately about something and expresses himself too strongly? (Or herself – we have to be politically correct these days :-P)

I found in working with folk with mental illness that some could be very manipulative, and seemed to know how to say [i]exactly[/i] what would stir you up and make you angry. Sometimes there seemed more than human cunning in their words.

More recently I experienced a similar temptation, only much worse, from a woman who worked for some people that I also worked for. She began phoning me and gossiping about these folk, talking bad about them. There might even have been a small amount of truth in what she said, but the problem was the [i][u]power[/u][/i] in it. It shook me because it made me think badly about them, even though I didn’t want to. Then I realised what was happening and cried out to the Lord and began to resist this influence in His name. It was only then that I was able to shake free from the bad feeling her words gave me. The third time she did this I put the phone down on her, refusing to listen to anything she said. She hated me I think, because she couldn’t control me any more.

But this lady was into the occult, and was a deliberate, very manipulative troublemaker, and was in no way a Christian. It was much worse than any problem on SI.

But some of the things said on a particular thread gave me the same kind of feeling - as if there was a power coming through an individual, trying to set us at each others’ throats.

This doesn’t mean that that person isn’t a Christian, but it does mean their influence is from the Enemy, not from them, and has to be resisted. Resisted while still showing love to the individual.

in Him

Jeannette

2007/7/28 15:37
Rahman

Reply to GrannieAnnie ...

GrannieAnnie you wrote;
"Brother, I prayed yesterday that you would clear this up. I wasn't sure what you meant by "repentance" at that time neither and I'm sorry that in this form of impersonal means of communicating that we must be so very specific in each and every word we type. Phew - it's exhausting, but I'm glad the Lord spoke to your heart to clarify."

--- Amen GrannieAnnie, our Lord had already told me on my way home that night that i could'nt let that question go flapping in the wind ... i wanted to tho, because of just what you said about this type of communicating becoming so exhaustive ... But i'll tell you something that i've learned on SI Forum, that also happens in personal conversation re the things of God (at least i find it with much of the discussions i'm involved in", and it's this ... ANYTHING BUT THE POINT! ... i'm very aware of this now that our Lord has brought me much further along the way, but when He was wrestling with me to get me here i was the same way ... He'd say this is the point, and i'd instantly grab at another, because to grasp His point meant i had to STOP what He was pointing out ...

What i love about your post is that you prayed about it! ... And why did you pray, because you believed our invisible God would hear you and make it plain ... Seeing is not believing, unseeing and still believing
the Word says gives us a special merit in such a faith that without it is impossible to please Him ---

GrannieAnnie you wrote;
"I agree with you 99.99% --- even of what the controversial "Nephilim" were. The only place I may have any difference, but you can teach me more about, is that we are capable of binding them against this Site."

---Amen, but to the contrary it may be thru you, or someone else, that Holy Spirit can teach me, correct me ... But to clarify my belief it's that if a wicked entity presents itself in taunt to a saint, or amongst saints, it's jumping up and down in contempt, as in "yep i'm here so what'ya gonna do about it?" ... Now i believe a great majority of saints wouldn't recognize an evil spirit at all today, as we'd just chalk it up to someone having a bad day and so exhibiting bad behaviour, or if it was worse they're just plain crazy ...

Give you an example ... When our Lord some 25 years ago first started me out in a Baptist surrounding whenever someone came in that was unseemly and disruptive (usually someone on alchohol and/or drugs) they we're immediately surrounded by a bunch of brothers and if need be physically carted out of the assembly ... Later when he moved me to a Pentecostal surrounding when this would occur immediately the person would be surrounded in a din of "Satan the Lord rebuke you's", "the blood of Jesus", and "devil i cast you out in the name of Jesus"! ... The outcome was often far less distuptive to the meeting, in fact to me it seemed what satan meant for bad was encapsulated by Holy Spirit into the flow of the assembly, and we wound up in a few instances gaining new converts to Christ as well as new church members ... Now what made the difference in the way two sets of believers handled the situation? ... i think it was what they believed in the first place, and how they percieved their faith was to react to it ...

So yes i believe we are capable of binding them on this site, as i believe the following scripture also comes into play:

Matt.18
[18] Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
[19] Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
[20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Now if i may not have the correct understanding of this scripture i trust God to make it plain, but until that time i faith it as i faith it ... Over on that other thread as soon as bro Krispy gave his amen to my prayer that cinched it as done to me! ...

And amen again, as you said "I think we can only handle things one situation at a time ... As i said i don't post such prayers all the time, only twice here on SI, but on that other thread i believe moved of the Spirit of God to come against a "confusion" (that if God is not author of who is?) at work that seemed far more sinister than met the "eye", in that it was apparent some we're being really hurt and stumbled by the events, and an "addressing" was in order ... But like i stated before, notice that the rebuke was not directed within the natural at the person of anyone posting on the thread, it was directed straight to the super-natural ... Seems to me from scripture that evil spirits present themselves in the natural via people, same as Holy Spirt does with us to the world once we're renewed, address them where they live (in the super-natural) and they'll often reply in the natural thru that same earthen vessel ...

Mark.5
[1] And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
[2] And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
[3] Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
[4] Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
[5] And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
[6] But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
[7] And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
[8] For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
[9] And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. ---

GrannieAnnie you wrote;
"If you have discernment brother - that is good. That is what Paul did. That's all we have is our Bibles to critique you with ... if it is put into our memories or spirit to fully know it. So I don't see where you should have much disruption with this. At least I pray not. How does the binding of spirits work two or more ... I'm not big on seeing demons behind every door knob and I don't believe you are neither. According to folks like Watchman Nee, the "flesh" can be just as treacherous as demons can be."

--- Amen, anything that i have and operate in that is surely truth is ALL of Him, anything less tho some may contribute it to my flesh as somehow being apart from the devil to me is still stems from him ... My dad used to say that after the fall of man there is no such thing as man standing apart from either being the servant of one master (God) or the other (satan) ... He was a pretty "black and white" kinda guy when it came to God and His word, and so am i ...

Amen, two or more, and your "i pray not" fixes it for me that the prayer for this thread is God empowered ...

And no i don't see demons behind every door knob, but i do believe i see the work of evil spirits behind more things than most, and is why i also believe i'm concidered a killjoy to many ...

Anyhow praise God for your reply, and may His perfect peace engulf you at all times! ... :-D ---

2007/7/29 14:30Profile
Rahman

Reply to LittleGift ...

Hi Sis ...

Amen, i got your pm while in the process of writing this thread which i figured would clarify
much of your concerns ...

Lord bless you, and thank you for your sisterly concern of me to even take the time to write ...

Bro R :-D

2007/7/29 14:31Profile
Rahman

Reply to Jaron ...

Hi Jaron ...

Because of your post i felt led of Holy Spirit to look you up and read other of your posts ... i'm Glad i did, God is good! ...

i noticed this that transpired on the thread : "Meth" the name of a demon ... where you stated many things about demons (in particular dealing with their names) that prompted Bro Mike to warn you, "There is no biblical basis for any of what you have stated." ... i agree with him ... i think it safer to stick closer to what actual canon scripture says about them, andf if you come to any other subsequent beliefs
preface it with "what i personally believe" ... An example being with myself is that i always say (and i learned to do this because of SI Forum participation) "i personally believe that demons are the disembodied spirits of the dead pre-flood Nephilim" ... You won't find this as fact stated in canon scripture, and if someone asks why i believe this, then i tell them ...

For the record let me tell you what i believe about the wicked spirit realm ...

- Satan the devil was a chief, and specially created cherub, who once stood in God's presence, who fell from glory duing to a monstrous pride which caused him to defy God and was subsequently ousted from heaven ...

- i believe that Adam (man) created in God's image, was at the very center of why satan went left field on God ...

- i believe that 1/3 of the angels of heaven went left field of God with satan and are subsequent cast outs also ...

- i believe that (pre-flood) a group of these 1/3 fallen angels put on flesh and came down upon the face of the earth to take wives, as many as pleased them, with the intent purposes of having sex with them, and producing vile, mutant offspring (Nephilim) that were never meant to be, and amazes me still that God allowed it, and to make known to mankind ologies that would have probably taken them forever to learn without them ... But then that was probably also part of the price we have to pay for Adam ceeding over dominion of the earth to the devil by disobeying God about what the tree stood for (God's due) ... Anyhow what the did was enough to make God destroy that earth and time period ...

- i believe at the Nephilim's death their spirits continue to roam the earth because there is no place for them in Hades (the common grave), many to even this day, in attempts to possess some poor unfortunate human and/or to oppress mankind ... i personally believe that many (if not all) a serial killer, rapist and pedophile are demon possessed ... As a Christian, when it comes to guys like Manson and Dahmer, it's impossible for me to see what they did in but a purely humanly driven light ...

- i believe that the higher station of the once angelic sons of God are purely different than demons, and that demons have a tendency to prompt and promote a much lower caste of vileness than fallen angels ... i think fallen angels have even bigger fish to fry, as Daniel points out even has to do with the corruption and misleading of entire nations ...

- i believe that ALL wicked spirit entities are under the lordship of satan, and do his bidding ... The Word tells us that the whole world is under the power of the wicked one ...

- i believe that the Ultimate, and Almighty Spirit is God, and that thru our coming to Christ as our Savior we too are above every power, and are open to authority in our power as long as we're clear (constantly prayed up, ever repentant and walking in Holiness before Him) ... See i know that the Power within us never falters, but we do especially when we know we ain't quite right before Him ... i firmly believe that's why He says, "Be ye holy, as I am holy" ... Therein lies the problem! ...

Jaron you also said that you'll provide me sources in sort of a "How To" mode against demons ... i appreciate it, and will give it a review because i never know what and/or who God will use to teach me something new, but also know i'll tell you if i believe Holy Spirit says it's bunk ... i really have no interest in what many have come to call Deliverance Ministry ... i've been to a few, and in most instances i think they may be well meaning but they seem like carnivale to me ... i'm not much on whooping and hollering, and am always suspect of the overly dramatic laying on of hands to the forehead and people falling out on the floor ... i suppose some folk are delivered there, and they may even be neccessary because Lord knows many of the folk attending would be totally shunned and gotten away from by members in most churches ... When i believe led of our Lord to address the supernatural it ain't because i'm chompin at the bit to do so ... It's not what i want to do in cyberspace, let alone in person to person ... In fact i like what you replied to Mike over on the other thread ...

Quote:
"Lets learn how to use the keys to the kingdom of Heaven!"

Amen, and i believe the best way to learn is to be open to Holy Spirit's leading via the how in His Word ... Amen ...

Jaron you wrote;
"A NUMBER OF PEOPLE ARE STUBBORN CONCERNING DEMONOLOGY AND THE SUBJECT OF DEMONS AND I THINK FEAR LEARNING ABOUT IT IN CASE THEY MIGHT LEARN OR COME TO BELIEVE A FALSE IDEA; THEREFORE THEY DON'T OPEN HEARTEDLY SEEK TO UNDERSTAND, HARDEN THERE HEART, AND DO NOT COME TO BIND AND LOOSE AND USE THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM GOD WANTS THEM TO USE."

Amen, this may be the reason for some ... For others i think it may just be fear period, but for many, especially we who are off the West, i think it may be something worse than that - unbelief in satan, his fallen angels, demon's, and their unified agenda ... i think amongst many in the West (western Europe, Australia and new Zealand, Canada, and the U.S.) the idea of real wicked spirit forces are about as believed as Greek/Roman mythology ... As i also believe that amongst many western saints the whole concept of wicked spirit forces has become an abstact, a surrealism, instead of a realism ... We're a much more prone to believe only in what we can see society, and with the degree in which we keep our head focused in on one screen or another, we certainly can't even see the work of the devil in that ... We live in a society where once in a time like Jesus' the demon possessed and oppressed were seen as such, we now see many as folk with mental illnesses (instead of spiritual) and so we drug em' and/or incarcerate them ...

Matt.8
[16] When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

Matt.10
[1] And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Luke.6
[17] And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;
[18] And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.

Ever since i came across this scripture in the YLT version ...

Mt 4:
[24] and his fame went forth to all Syria, and they brought to him all having ailments, pressed with manifold sicknesses and pains, and demoniacs, and lunatics, and paralytics, and he healed them.

i've been fascinated by the fact that demoniac and lunatic are in the same verse as different ... What's the difference? ... In the American Standars version lunatic is changed to epelictic ... Is this the difference, i don't know, but i know Holy Spirit does in that He is the giver of the gift of discerning spirits ...

1Cor.12
[10] To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

That's why i think it imperitive that we rely on Him, and for me addressing the super-natural is a last resort done only when i believe the unction of Holy Spirit says so ...

Jaron you wrote;
"I PERCEIVE THAT YOU ARE ZEALOUS AND THAT GOD WILL OPEN DOORS FOR YOU, YOU WILL GROW IN UNDERSTANDING, AND BE GUIDED BY THE HAND OF GOD, THERE WILL COME A TIME AND PLACE WHEN GOD ISSUES TO YOURSELF TO GO AND ACT UPON HIS SPIRIT WHICH IS IN YOU, AND THAT THE ENEMY WILL BE UPROOTED FROM PLACES BECAUSE OF YOUR FAITH AND OBEDIENCE TO HIS WILL. YOU WILL GROW IN DISCERNMENT AND IN BEING SPIRITUALLY MINDED, GOD IS WITH YOU INDEED."

This is exhortive (and i pray prophetic), and i bless God for the encouragement, and can only hope and pray that if it be so He will just throw me in the pool - SOON! ... God knows i want to see nothing more than i do His Body in deep repentance, REVIVAL, and a re-newed showing forth to the world THE POWER within us that will shake satan's kingdom, to the loosing and bringing in of the souls of God's final harvest! ...

Blessings in Christ Jesus, the name above every name! ... Amen ... :-D

2007/7/29 14:33Profile

Re:

Thank you for your kind replies brother Rahman.

I had just posted this reply quoted below about 'prophecy' and then saw you had come on to reply.

Quote:I spoke to someone last month about how God uses His own Word to "speak forth".
When folks use their own words, it confuses people and gets them splitting hairs and debating forever over what the person said, etc., etc..
**Just feeling that prompting that we need Him - Hashem - JESUS' Name spoken now more than ever.
Thank you brother. Love to your wife too.

Brother Rahman, what impressed me most about what you posted was this ......

Quote: "Because of your post i felt led of Holy Spirit to look you up and read other of your posts ... i'm Glad i did, God is good! ..."

Major thumbs up on that brother.
The worst sin we can commit is not to follow the Holy Spirit ~ Amen!

To do a Search on members "other posts" should be normal protocol when we don't know them from Adam or how they feel about a certain subject, as you did here on this subject alone.

I am sure you have done that more than once because you care about who you are posting to and know if they are a child of The King, then you have to be that way, in caring who they are and what they believe as a whole. Thank you for that.

I don't think you reply "at posts" but you reply "to people" and I've watched you do that.
That is comforting and refreshing for us all.

Brother, my feeling is that, in these last days, if we can "bind demons" from off a forum or wherever, then how can we stop people from "hating us" in these last days ?
That is all I meant above. The darker it gets the more we will experience this persecution and that is how I see what is here and coming.
Also, not just from the world, but as the Word says, from the "church" and synagogues. They will kill us, Jesus said.

The unsaved don't scare me, it's those "angels of light transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness" that give me the royal creeps.
I always get stuck with those. Not in my Church, but whenever I'm not at Church.
Hoy!

I see this anti-Jew thing and it goes hand in hand with the anti-elect, because "we" are one.
The Remnant of Jews and the remnant of the "church".

I better cool it, I'm not upset, but ran out of heart pills yesterday and am pumping by faith. Ha. Hoy again, major pumping. Ha. Once you lose the fear of death and men ~ You've got it made. :)

Anyway, I said enough anyways for you to know how to answer what I've written.

Thank you for taking that pause to ask The Lord what to do and say. It was worth the wait for your answers. Bless God.

And Christ Jesus go with you & protect you & yours.

With His Love.

Annie

2007/7/29 15:40
Rahman

Reply to GrannieAnnie ...

Sis Annie you wrote ...
"The worst sin we can commit is not to follow the Holy Spirit ~ Amen!"

--- You know sis it's interesting you wrote this because in light of this subject of "spirits" recently i've been meditating on what it really means to have the Holy Spirit, not in terms of indwelling, etc., but in terms of manifesting His attributes 24/7 ...

1Cor.6
[17] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
[20] For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Gal.5
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
[23] Meekness, temperance.
[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
[26] Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. ---

Sis Annie you wrote ...
I don't think you reply "at posts" but you reply "to people" and I've watched you do that.
That is comforting and refreshing for us all."

--- Praise God, and to Him be all the glory! - but i do try to treat others as i'd like to be treated, and if i'm not treated well i try my best to not react in self-centered retaliation any more ... Lately whenever i get the urge to put someones lights out (physically, verbally or on Forum) Holy Spirit (and i asked Him to) reminds me that that's my "old man" and he's crucified with Christ ... Turning the other cheek has never been one of my strong points, but by His power and grace i am getting better at it ... One thing i've noticed is that the more i really appreciate Jesus' love for me, the more i want to love Him back, and as my Mom always says, "Actions speak louder than words" ... There's a certain way Christ wants us to act, and what better way to show your love than to deny self and act as He would ... Also we are in a marriage relationship with Him, and tho there is no sex involved it's my personal belief that a "due benevolence" (reasonable service) on our part is still due Him in the form of our presenting our bodies as living sacrifices to Him that He may show Himself thru us to this world ...

Another thing is when i first got saved, in my gung-ho-ness, i used to always tell our Lord that i wanted to be just like the Apostle Paul for Him, but in my spirit i would always hear Him reply, "No, I want you to be like my Apostle John" ... Well as of late i've been doing some studying on John to come to a better understanding of why ... John was called Christ beloved disciple, and i believe it's because he had a huge capacity for being loving, caring, and nurturing ... i believe our Lord is grooming me toward this for a wide and engulfing ministry, as i know He's ever changing me toward this direction ... Well enuf about this ---

Sis Annie you wrote ...
"Brother, my feeling is that, in these last days, if we can "bind demons" from off a forum or wherever, then how can we stop people from "hating us" in these last days ? ...

The unsaved don't scare me, it's those "angels of light transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness" that give me the royal creeps."

--- Sis according to Christ the more we're hated by the world and professed and/or lukewarm Christians, the better it is for us because apparently we must be doing something right (storing up those heavenly treasures) ...

Luke.6
[22] Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
[23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. ---

Sis Annie you wrote ...
"I see this anti-Jew thing and it goes hand in hand with the anti-elect, because "we" are one. The Remnant of Jews and the remnant of the "church".

--- Sis i kinda touched on this on the "CHRISTIANITY IS JEWISH" thread ... i'm not sure if i follow what you've posted but i'll clarify what i believe as to this present time, this time of the dispensation of grace via our Lord Jesus Christ ... In this dispensation there is only "one" elect, and that's we who comprise the Church of Jesus as saints washed in His blood at our initial salvation experience of heeding our call to salvation, and within His church "there is neither Jew no gentile", just ALL us wonderfully "saved by grace" folk ...

Blessings in Christ sis! --- :-D

2007/8/1 14:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy