SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does everyone have a local chuch?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I'm better off reading my Bible alone in a cafe and praying in the closet.

And by this all men will know you are His disciple!!!

2007/7/27 14:25Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Does everyone have a local chuch?

Quote:

Can we be in a danger to isolate ourselves?

Absolutely. Hebrews 10 tells us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together as is the habit of some, but as the day of the Lord draws closer and closer, to assemble all the more so as to provoke one another to good works. Ephesians 4 tells us that God has given us gifts to help build one another up in the faith so we can reach maturity.

I fail to see how any mavericks out there can ever be the thing God has called us all to be in Christ outside of having continuous fellowship with other believers. We need one another. A three-stranded cord is not easily broken. If you were to walk alone and fall into a pit, who would help you out? We should not neglect local fellowship. We need it not only to be a blessing, but to receive blessing.

2007/7/27 14:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
How does one know if they are in the babylonian system or not?

Thos who love the truth will know if the congregation that they attend is babylonian, while those who are handed over to strong delussion will think that their congregation is not perfect, but mostly right on...

The vast majority of evangelical and non denominational congregations in the US (who generally meet in steeple houses) are babylonian.

In Christ - Jim

2007/7/27 14:31

Re:

Quote:
I fail to see how any mavericks out there can ever be the thing God has called us all to be in Christ outside of having continuous fellowship with other believers. We need one another.

I agree Jimmy, but it is better to find a bible study with 3 people who love the Lord then to go to a denomiational building and take part in unclean alters.

2007/7/27 14:33
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Just also as an additional thought: I believe so strongly in assembling together with a local body of believers that if I found myself in a place where I didn't have any fellowship, I would seek to create a fellowship.

2007/7/27 14:33Profile

Re:

The important thing is to get past the babylonian way of defining fellowship as meeting at a building with a cross on it Sunday mornings as most do.

here is a short 3 minute comp of Paris Reidhead preaching on this matter.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=15784]Useless organization[/url]

I am very passionate about living true NT Christianity, which the antichrist system is set up to mimic, but is a million miles away. I know God has pillars such as Time Square Church that He is using mightilly, but as said the great majority of congregations of all denominations are apostate. (not just slightly imperfect)

in Christ - Jim

2007/7/27 14:54
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Quote:
How does one know if they are in the babylonian system or not?

Thos who love the truth will know if the congregation that they attend is babylonian, while those who are handed over to strong delussion will think that their congregation is not perfect, but mostly right on...

The vast majority of evangelical and non denominational congregations in the US (who generally meet in steeple houses) are babylonian.

In Christ - Jim

I guess since our fellowship meets in a metal building, we are ok. :-)

I was just curious to see what kind of brush you would use.

I have no problem with a house fellowship as long as they aren't merely a sit-around-and-eat-cookies-together type of bunch. What I mean is that there needs to be real fellowship, no matter what type of building you have. Christ needs to be present at the meeting, whether it's a large auditorium or a back room in a house. If an expression of Christ isn't manifest at the meeting, what good is it?

2007/7/27 15:18Profile

Re:

So having a local building is a babylonian system!! Plus the 2 or 3 gathered in misleading! I hear that all the time. As long as there is a unity in spirit, then He is there. People think just because we are christian's God automatically shows up when we get together. I agree that we are the body, but people use that excuse not to go to a local fellowship, or I hate to say it, a building. I firmly believe most people don't want to go to a local fellowship and have church at home, could qualify as a sect.

2007/7/27 15:50

Re:

So were is the accountability? I am sorry but that is a dangerous place to be in. You will subject yourself to temptation. I agree I don't know where that states for us to be alone without a body of believers.

2007/7/27 15:54

Re:

Quote:
Where does the Bible say that?

"Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her plagues." (REV 18, I think)

"Don't do your alms before men... left not your left hand see what your right hand does... pray in the closet... in private... so your Father may reward you openly..." (The Gospels)

2007/7/27 16:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy