SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : HOMOSEXUAL WINS DISCRIMINATION CLAIM AGAINST THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
But like most Christians who are totally ignorant of the Bible, most Americans are totally ignorant what is in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Has anyone told your President about the Constitution?

It's a joke. Please don't roast me.

>;')

2007/7/27 15:48

Re: HOMOSEXUAL WINS DISCRIMINATION CLAIM AGAINST THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND

This to me is only the beginning, and I personally feel this will be small to what the Churches and Children of God are going to face in these end days. Get ready, to me there is a storm coming and little happenings like these are like little droplets before it rages.

2007/7/28 1:27
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Krispy...

While this doesn't have anything to do with the recent case in the UK, I read a recent article about singer/musician Phil Driscoll.

Phil Driscoll, the famous trumpeteer and founder of [i]Mighty Horn[/i] ministries, was sentenced to a year and one day in jail for fraud. According to the article, his ministry accepted a $3.5M offering from an individual who had obtained the money illegally. When the court asked for the money to be returned, the ministry informed the court that it didn't have enough money to replace it. This caused the court to look deeper into Driscoll's ministry and tax exemption status. They accused and found Driscoll guilty of fraud and tax evasion. He was sentenced to a year + one day in federal prison (the extra day would allow him to be released a few months early for good behavior). According to the article, he began serving his sentence in March.

I attempted to visit his ministry's website (www.mightyhorn.com), but the link doesn't seem to work.

I think that this sort of thing reveals the entanglement that often brings the Church into State matters. While the tax exemption status is certainly financially appealing, this sort of event shows just how far the church needs to be from the state in legal matters. Perhaps the "house church" concept can certainly be a viable alternative to the State's financial "protection."

:-)

2007/7/28 11:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy